All-Metro Teams

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

TopChedder3

All-Metro Teams

Post by TopChedder3 »

Anyone know who made the All-Metro Teams?
Iceburg

Post by Iceburg »

The Strib and the Pioneer Press won't release their teams until next week.
TopChedder3

Post by TopChedder3 »

Who deserves to be on the 1st team? Pick 3 forwards, 2 D, and 1 goalie?
4thlineproblems

Post by 4thlineproblems »

TopChedder3 wrote:Who deserves to be on the 1st team? Pick 3 forwards, 2 D, and 1 goalie?
Besse, Kloos, Leterri, Gross, Schrhammer, Frankie

Just some names
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

[quote="TopChedder3"]Who deserves to be on the 1st team? Pick 3 forwards, 2 D, and 1 goalie?[/quote

Kloos, Merchant, Besse, Wolffe, Gross, Franke.

Interested who strib will put on it though. Kloos and Besse are guaranteed.
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

no arguement here on Besse or Gross but historically they like to pick seniors.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

keepyourheadup wrote:no arguement here on Besse or Gross but historically they like to pick seniors.
I think they both make it regardless.
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

I am sure the St. Paul paper will have one or two HM players on their All Metro Team. Probably Charlie Sampair and Dugas.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

BodyShots wrote:I am sure the St. Paul paper will have one or two HM players on their All Metro Team. Probably Charlie Sampair and Dugas.
Pioneer Press doesn't do an all-metro team. They just do the associated press all-state team, which you won't see until after the tourney is done. But yes, sure to see some HM guys on there. Guentzel, Sampair and Lavalle certainly deserve it regardless.
DubCHAGuy

Post by DubCHAGuy »

My prediction for what the 2 newspapers will come up with:

Pioneer Press:
Kloos
Zajac
Guentzel or Sampair

May
Schurhamer

Koop

Star Tribune:
Kloos
Lettieri
Besse

May
Gross

Koop
Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog »

I always felt the Pioneer Press selections are a little too concerned about catering to the east side of the cities. I understand that from a business point of view but it doesn't help the validity of the selections.
rainier

Post by rainier »

Besse
Opperman
Kloos

Gross
Schurhamer

Franke
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

Sats81 wrote:
BodyShots wrote:I am sure the St. Paul paper will have one or two HM players on their All Metro Team. Probably Charlie Sampair and Dugas.
Pioneer Press doesn't do an all-metro team. They just do the associated press all-state team, which you won't see until after the tourney is done. But yes, sure to see some HM guys on there. Guentzel, Sampair and Lavalle certainly deserve it regardless.
Actually, the Pioneer Press does their own All-State Team, besides listing the A.P. All-State Team.
Oldtimehockeyguy23

Post by Oldtimehockeyguy23 »

What about Matt Halverson? he had 29 pts on the year while playing the third toughest schedule in the state. according to SOS rankings.
Neuuman

Post by Neuuman »

Oldtimehockeyguy23 wrote:What about Matt Halverson? he had 29 pts on the year while playing the third toughest schedule in the state. according to SOS rankings.
Really?
Oldtimehockeyguy23

Neuuman wrote:
Oldtimehockeyguy23 wrote:What about Matt Halverson? he had 29 pts on the year while playing the third toughest schedule in the state. according to SOS rankings.
Really?
Really.
duluth dave

Post by duluth dave »

Who made the all outstate team?
Neuuman

Post by Neuuman »

Oldtimehockeyguy23 wrote:
Neuuman wrote:
Really?
Really.
O.K. - I'll bite. Please make the case for Halverson over Kloos, Besse, Merchant, Zajac, Horn, Lettieri, Steman, Chapman, Coatta, Baskin, Guentzel, Sampair. I may have missed a few. Fire away.
Oldtimehockeyguy23

Neuuman wrote:
Oldtimehockeyguy23 wrote:
Neuuman wrote: Really?
Really.
O.K. - I'll bite. Please make the case for Halverson over Kloos, Besse, Merchant, Zajac, Horn, Lettieri, Steman, Chapman, Coatta, Baskin, Guentzel, Sampair. I may have missed a few. Fire away.
Okay, you obviously don't know how "All-metro" teams work. You just listed off all forwards... they need two defensemen on the team. Granted he might be a little bit of a stretch for the first-team, but I think he could be a second, or third-team D-man
Neuuman

Post by Neuuman »

O.K. - I'll bite. Please make the case for Halverson over Kloos, Besse, Merchant, Zajac, Horn, Lettieri, Steman, Chapman, Coatta, Baskin, Guentzel, Sampair. I may have missed a few. Fire away.[/quote]

Okay, you obviously don't know how "All-metro" teams work. You just listed off all forwards... they need two defensemen on the team. Granted he might be a little bit of a stretch for the first-team, but I think he could be a second, or third-team D-man[/quote]

You're right - I assumed he was a forward - my bad.
netminder.net

Post by netminder.net »

Okay, you obviously don't know how "All-metro" teams work. You just listed off all forwards... they need two defensemen on the team. Granted he might be a little bit of a stretch for the first-team, but I think he could be a second, or third-team D-man

Neuuman, maybe this is the list to use;
Krueger, May, Wolfe, Sampair, Gross, Schurhamer, Mork, Kivihalme, Nitti, Boje.[/quote]
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

Forwards: Besse, Kloos, Leterri, Merchant, Zajac, Guentzel, Opperman, Steman, Chapman

Defense: Gross, Wolfe, May, Schurhamer, Horton, Mork, Heinrich, Kivihalme
Oldtimehockeyguy23

netminder.net wrote:

Neuuman, maybe this is the list to use;
Krueger, May, Wolfe, Sampair, Gross, Schurhamer, Mork, Kivihalme, Nitti, Boje.
[/quote]

still wrong... Sampair is a forward and same with Krueger.

That being said, halverson is better than many of those players you listed.. Besides Gross, all of those D play very weak schedules compared to Wayzata.
mgrockswayzata

Post by mgrockswayzata »

Halverson? :roll:

He isn't even the best defenseman on Wayzata.
Miles Death is a much better defenseman.
UntouchableFlow

Post by UntouchableFlow »

Besse
Kloos
Guentzel

Schurhamer
Gross

Franke