Best D-pair in the state?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Oldtimehockeyguy23

Best D-pair in the state?

Post by Oldtimehockeyguy23 »

What do you guys think?
21Swagger

Post by 21Swagger »

Moore and Repensky
EHSHack

Post by EHSHack »

21Swagger wrote:Moore and Repensky
They are good but I wouldnt say best. East has had defensive lapses at time. I would put them Top 3 for sure.
Go Hounds.
gopherpuck516

Post by gopherpuck516 »

Eli May and Sam Wolfe from Eagan
rainier

Post by rainier »

LeBlanc and Kolquist for Hermantown.
Oldtimehockeyguy23

Just to throw some other names out there..

Death and Halverson (When they played together)
Gross and Aspinwall?
Jimmy Schuldt and Vanelli
Nelson and Reno (Again when they are out there together)
The Enlightened One

Post by The Enlightened One »

Hermantown's Zeleznicar (not sure if I got the letter Z in there enough times) and who ever you put on the ice with him for that shift.
blacklung

Post by blacklung »

Hermantown's Zeleznicar, Kolquist and LeBlanc.
Pick 2. All 3 on herms first pp.
Logiiii

Post by Logiiii »

Wolfe and May for Eagan
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

Billedeau-Brill
Murray Chadwick

Post by Murray Chadwick »

Gross and whoever happens to be his partner. That kid is legit...
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

Madson-Lucia
underthenbar01

Post by underthenbar01 »

Absolutely has to be May and Wolfe
Remember to use spell check!
shoottowin

Post by shoottowin »

May/Wolfe - Eagan
Just Checking

Post by Just Checking »

blacklung wrote:Hermantown's Zeleznicar, Kolquist and LeBlanc.
Can't wait to see the three best defenseman in the state play at the X this week. Too bad Herm doesn't play in AA so someone could give them a game.
Northhcky

Post by Northhcky »

Just Checking wrote:
Can't wait to see the three best defenseman in the state play at the X this week. Too bad Herm doesn't play in AA so someone could give them a game.
You mean your actually going to watch a JV game? Oh thats right St Thomas plays JV also. Too bad your beloved St Thomas doesn't play AA so somone could give them a game too eh! But then who knows....Maybe just maybe Hermantown might...say again might give them a game even tho they are a lowly JV team.
Oldtimehockeyguy23

Northhcky wrote:
Just Checking wrote:
You mean your actually going to watch a JV game? Oh thats right St Thomas plays JV also. Too bad your beloved St Thomas doesn't play AA so somone could give them a game too eh! But then who knows....Maybe just maybe Hermantown might...say again might give them a game even tho they are a lowly JV team.
Single A defensemen always put some doubt in my mind on how they would perform on the AA stage. Its a completely different style of hockey playing varsity

hehe :lol:
Northhcky

Post by Northhcky »

Oldtimehockeyguy23 wrote:
Northhcky wrote:
Just Checking wrote: Can't wait to see the three best defenseman in the state play at the X this week. Too bad Herm doesn't play in AA so someone could give them a game.
Single A defensemen always put some doubt in my mind on how they would perform on the AA stage. Its a completely different style of hockey playing varsity

hehe :lol:

Oh i don't know.. The St Thomas D i think have been doing pretty well against "Varsity" teams and they are just JV.
The Next One

Post by The Next One »

I would like to watch a pair that are better than Repensky and Moore.
green4

Post by green4 »

Oldtimehockeyguy23 wrote:Nelson and Reno (Again when they are out there together)
i think this is a good one but i like Walker and Reno even better i know walker is a freshman but he plays like he is a upperclassmen out there, kid has a lot of talent
Just Checking

Post by Just Checking »

Northhcky wrote:
Just Checking wrote:
Nice post NorthHicky. I just thought it was funny that the 3 best defenseman in the state play for the same school. You must be awefully worried your club won't go undefeated now that there is a chance they will play a club that can give them a game. Are you worried?

Just Checking
Northhcky

Post by Northhcky »

Just Checking wrote:
Northhcky wrote:
Just Checking wrote: Can't wait to see the three best defenseman in the state play at the X this week. Too bad Herm doesn't play in AA so someone could give them a game.
Nice post NorthHicky. I just thought it was funny that the 3 best defenseman in the state play for the same school. You must be awefully worried your club won't go undefeated now that there is a chance they will play a club that can give them a game. Are you worried?

Just Checking
If you look i wasn't the one who claimed nor have i ever that the best D in the state were from Hermantown. Worried? about what? I am not from Hermantown just a old hockey fan from up north is all but have become a fan after years of watching a small school with homegrown kids (the way it should be IMHO) be successful is all. I think your the one that might be worried that a small town public school with just homegrown talent might , just might be able to beat your Blades team...ooops sry i meant St Thomas. :D
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

This Kiersten gal I met up in Baudette. :shock:
Just Checking

Post by Just Checking »

Northhcky wrote:
Just Checking wrote:
Northhcky wrote: You mean your actually going to watch a JV game? Oh thats right St Thomas plays JV also. Too bad your beloved St Thomas doesn't play AA so somone could give them a game too eh! But then who knows....Maybe just maybe Hermantown might...say again might give them a game even tho they are a lowly JV team.

Just Checking
If you look i wasn't the one who claimed nor have i ever that the best D in the state were from Hermantown. Worried? about what? I am not from Hermantown just a old hockey fan from up north is all but have become a fan after years of watching a small school with homegrown kids (the way it should be IMHO) be successful is all. I think your the one that might be worried that a small town public school with just homegrown talent might , just might be able to beat your Blades team...ooops sry i meant St Thomas. :D
Ok Northhicky you win, I feel bad for assuming your jumping in to comment on my reply to a post on the best defensive pairings meant you cared about it. Turns out you don't. Just don't like STA. Have fun with that. :roll:

Back on topic other than the three from Herm. The pair at Eagan have D1 offers. tough to argue with May and Wolfe.
mn man

Post by mn man »

MrBoDangles wrote:This Kiersten gal I met up in Baudette. :shock:
I believe she's technically a double D :D