Semi-Final: Hill-Murray vs. Moorhead 3/9 6PM

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who Wins?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:56 pm

Hill-Murray
47%
Moorhead
53%

Total votes: 32

east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

1-1.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
The Best in the Bizz3

Post by The Best in the Bizz3 »

2-1 OT HM

Conrad Sampair with both pioneers goals. Really impressed with Heinrich, played the body extremely well again!
The best, period
BearsSensGophs

Post by BearsSensGophs »

Lame! Hill Murray is no fun to watch. I wanted to see some more Bitzerownage tomorrow.
UntouchableFlow

Post by UntouchableFlow »

captainjimmy18 wrote:Lame! Hill Murray is no fun to watch. I wanted to see some more Bitzerownage tomorrow.
You'd rather watch a pretty average team with a good goalie in the final? To each their own I guess. Pioneers got much better as the game went on and were able to find their chances late once they started shooting low on Bitzer. Hats off to Michael on a great game and I wish him the best in the future. Great win for Hill to overcome a hot tender. Let's get ready for that final. GO PIONEERS!!
dherman8

Post by dherman8 »

Both north AA schools go down the same way. Owning the first period and then trying to hold on for dear life as they see their opponent outplays them.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Great game by Bitzer, but by the third period you figured it was only a matter of time based on the way Hill was playing. The Spuds had very, very few good chances towards the end.

I was impressed with Bitzer in the post-game press conference, too. He was in good spirits and already looking ahead to tomorrow.
hockeyhockeyhockey

Post by hockeyhockeyhockey »

Bitzer = God like..what a zone he is in...hard exciting hard hitting game..officials were amazing in this game other than the clown calling off a real goal .... but TV took care of it..
CitiesSpudsGuy

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy »

A well played game and the better team won. You could see after the Spuds strong start that H-M slowly took over the game and by the third period it looked like the Pioneers were just getting stronger while the Spuds were getting tired.

Congrats to H-M and good luck tomorrow against Benilde!
50+ years of Spuds Hockey
Nostalgic Nerd

Post by Nostalgic Nerd »

karl(east) wrote:Great game by Bitzer, but by the third period you figured it was only a matter of time based on the way Hill was playing. The Spuds had very, very few good chances towards the end.

I was impressed with Bitzer in the post-game press conference, too. He was in good spirits and already looking ahead to tomorrow.
Moorhead had as much as a 7-2 lead in shots. After that, 24-6 Hill.
I can splash in the rink puddles!
DmanDad1980

Post by DmanDad1980 »

Congrats to HM...

Congrats to the Spuds as well... have to tip the hat to Moorhead as they matched HM physical play very well, after couple early HM hits/runs... Don't like the run on Bitzer, but that is something HM does year after year... Was main ingredient for run in 2008... A definite trait of "Lechner hockey"...

If you cannot tell, go Red Knights... make tomorrow night your night, love their speed, puck control & movement...
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

Nostalgic Nerd wrote:
karl(east) wrote:Great game by Bitzer, but by the third period you figured it was only a matter of time based on the way Hill was playing. The Spuds had very, very few good chances towards the end.

I believe Moorhead had 1 shot after the 10 minute mark of the second period.
stpaul

Moorhead - HM

Post by stpaul »

You had to be in the arena to see it but HM Coach Bill Lechner spend an extra amount of time on the ice after the handshakes with Moorhead goalie Michael Bitzer. I'm sure he was congratulating and consoling him. Bitzer had a fantastic game. Bill Lechner is a great coach.
hockeyhockeyhockey

Post by hockeyhockeyhockey »

goldy313 wrote:
Nostalgic Nerd wrote:

I believe Moorhead had 1 shot after the 10 minute mark of the second period.
i think they had 1 in the second total...and 2 in the third total?
sachishi4

Re: Moorhead - HM

Post by sachishi4 »

stpaul wrote:You had to be in the arena to see it but HM Coach Bill Lechner spend an extra amount of time on the ice after the handshakes with Moorhead goalie Michael Bitzer. I'm sure he was congratulating and consoling him. Bitzer had a fantastic game. Bill Lechner is a great coach.
don't you mean he was tossing the recruiting pitch for future Bitzers :lol:
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
Govie

Post by Govie »

captainjimmy18 wrote:Lame! Hill Murray is no fun to watch. I wanted to see some more Bitzerownage tomorrow.
What are you smoking?

That game was a pure, bone-crushing, fast-paced, amazingly physical display of awesomeness.

Seriously, OLD TIME HOCKEY. Eddie Shore.

That game was fantastic and the game of the tournament for me. :?