Little Falls

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Hoc2x21

Little Falls

Post by Hoc2x21 »

Little Falls looks like they could give Hermantown a good final game on the schedule
If they continue to play as well as they have been.
They played all out from the opening whistle to the final horn against Fergus Falls. Section championship should be a lock for LF. I was impressed by there quality of play after a week plus off.
GordonBombay99

Re: Little Falls

Post by GordonBombay99 »

Hoc2x21 wrote:Little Falls looks like they could give Hermantown a good final game on the schedule
If they continue to play as well as they have been.
They played all out from the opening whistle to the final horn against Fergus Falls. Section championship should be a lock for LF. I was impressed by there quality of play after a week plus off.
Section championship was supposed to be a lock for them last year too and look what hapened to them, just saying...
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

LF is on a roll right now, but lets not get ahead of ourselves. The teams they have beaten have not been of very high quality with the exception of maybe Mound Westonka and Rogers. Their wins have definitely been impressive from the defensive perspective having shut out many teams or held them to only 1 or 2 goals, but again, not overly impressive teams. We will find out where they are at on Saturday and the rest of the season. A win against Cathedral or Hermantown would definitely send a message to the High School Hockey community.
rainier

Post by rainier »

No offense to Alex, but the A tourney will be a lot more fun with a solid Little Falls squad in it. Get it done this year Flyers!
blacklung

Post by blacklung »

A solid win over SCC this Saturday would be a good start!
Hoc2x21

Sec. Championship

Post by Hoc2x21 »

I see Fergus Falls vs Little Falls in the sec. Championship with LF moving on to state providing they continue with the excellent goaltending and quality play at both ends of the ice.
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Despite being against "lower" competition, in their last 11 games, LF has allowed more than 1 goal once, with 6 shut outs.

Even really good teams don't get 6 shut outs through the easier parts of their schedule. They are playing really good defense at the moment; looking forward to Saturday's game with another good defense team in Cathedral.
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

Ick! Couple ugly losses in a row. Bad time to swoon. Hopefully they can catch fire again during sections.
BobSaget

Post by BobSaget »

As Mite-dad said, Ick. A 7-1 loss to Cathedral followed up by a 4-0 loss at the hands of Princeton? Don't get me wrong, P-town has a decent squad this year...but that's still an ugly loss on the schedule.

Now they get to close the regular season with undefeated Hermantown? If LF plays like they have been they might get 10-run ruled.

They will benefit from a weak section and be the favorite to win 6A...but I wouldn't be surprised if they got knocked off in the section tourney again.
northern_guy

Post by northern_guy »

wow..the wheels are off the bus! i will be embarrassed for little falls when they make it to state out of their crappy section and lose 15-0 at the X to hermantown or breck
trev2k1

Post by trev2k1 »

I thought LF played very well once they got on a bit more even ground at the mariucci. nice wins over #6 ranked duluth marshall and #10 ranked Rochester Lourdes to secure the consolation championship! congrats to LF and way to represent sectino 6.