Thoughts on Minnetonka JGB black this year?

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

dirtydangles17

Thoughts on Minnetonka JGB black this year?

Post by dirtydangles17 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:45 pm

I was spectating a practice the other night and they looked like a competitive junior gold A team. They have 5 bantam A players from last year along with a couple b1 players. They do however have 1 or 2 players who looked pretty weak but every team will. However what really stuck out was the Holy Angels player who quit their program this year (i dont know the reason) he looks very good and by the looks of it this is a very strong team. Any thoughts?

SChockey

Post by SChockey » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:22 pm

Spectating from the ice?

dirtydangles17

Post by dirtydangles17 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:08 am

No from the stands. My oldest son plays Junior gold B for apple valley

6ix

Re: Thoughts on Minnetonka JGB black this year?

Post by 6ix » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:25 am

dirtydangles17 wrote:I was spectating a practice the other night and they looked like a competitive junior gold A team. They have 5 bantam A players from last year along with a couple b1 players. They do however have 1 or 2 players who looked pretty weak but every team will. However what really stuck out was the Holy Angels player who quit their program this year (i dont know the reason) he looks very good and by the looks of it this is a very strong team. Any thoughts?
My thoughts are you are on the team, who spectates a practice let alone a JGB practice, plus you say your a dad from apple valley? What dad names there account dirty dangles. For a "dad who spectates a team that his son doesn't play on" you sure know a lot about the kids on the team...way to talk up your team, hopefully it works...
I have the best trophy in my case

green4

Post by green4 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:18 pm

6ix wrote:
dirtydangles17 wrote:I was spectating a practice the other night and they looked like a competitive junior gold A team. They have 5 bantam A players from last year along with a couple b1 players. They do however have 1 or 2 players who looked pretty weak but every team will. However what really stuck out was the Holy Angels player who quit their program this year (i dont know the reason) he looks very good and by the looks of it this is a very strong team. Any thoughts?
My thoughts are you are on the team, who spectates a practice let alone a JGB practice, plus you say your a dad from apple valley? What dad names there account dirty dangles. For a "dad who spectates a team that his son doesn't play on" you sure know a lot about the kids on the team...way to talk up your team, hopefully it works...
Called out :lol:

tonkafan77

Post by tonkafan77 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:23 pm

Props to Edina Green today for using Edina White's goalie when they had a perfectly fine goalie on the bench. Classy, just classy.

green4

Post by green4 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:11 pm

tonkafan77 wrote:Props to Edina Green today for using Edina White's goalie when they had a perfectly fine goalie on the bench. Classy, just classy.
just about to make a comment on this, about how i hoped how the guy above was not talking up that minnetonka jr b team, i dont know if they have 1 or 2 but they lost 6-3... and they used the other teams goalie because the other goalie on the bench not in his gear has an eye infection so no he was not fine, and as a player in edina your probably lucky he had an eye infection because he is the best goalie of the 4 jr gold b goalies, the one they brought over is probably 3rd but classy just classy complaining about your loss

tonkafan77

Post by tonkafan77 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:20 am

There was a goalie suited up on the bench and there was another one standing with just his helmet on. The coaches discussed it after the game-they just didn't want to play their backup goalie so they took White's instead.

green4

Post by green4 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:43 am

tonkafan77 wrote:There was a goalie suited up on the bench and there was another one standing with just his helmet on. The coaches discussed it after the game-they just didn't want to play their backup goalie so they took White's instead.
the goalie suited up has diabetes and his blood sugar was kinda bouncing all over the place according to my friend on the team so thats why they asked the other goalie to play. not the best reason to ask him to play but they all made jg b so your basically gonna get around the same skill level from any of them

skipperswagg

Post by skipperswagg » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:33 pm

Easy there jack...