Little Falls vs. Marshall at Mariucci

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

rainier

Post by rainier » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:06 pm

Hockey North wrote:Sour grapes. The best team from 7A went. Breck was a tough draw. Little Falls game was tough with 4 D and sub par goaltending.
This team was picked to finish 3rd in 7A at the beginning of the year.

I really dont care what you think.
Successful programs attract players.
I look forward to next year. :D
Successful programs attract players? Then what happened during the last three years when Virginia went to state twice and Hibbing went once and Marshall never even made it to the 7A title game those years? Marshall just got done with their most successful stretch in history (as Marshall) yet they couldn't attract enough talent from a 90,000 person community to beat two small Range teams. Must be one heck of an attraction.

I also look forward to next year, because if Adam Johnson stays, I expect Hibbing to return to their 11th consecutive 7A title game. We'll see how well your attracted talent does without Peterson and co. next year. By the sounds of what they have been attracting, Marshall not winning 7A next year would be an even bigger disappointment than they were in the tourney this year.

Hockey North

Post by Hockey North » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:23 pm

Good Luck to you Rainier. DeCenzo wont be there to lead them.

1-6 in the last 7 Section Finals, wow!! :lol:

You are always amusing with your comments. You sound angry.

I look forward to the future.

I am not predicting anything but another good season for the Toppers!!

Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:28 pm

Hockey North wrote:Sour grapes. The best team from 7A went. Breck was a tough draw. Little Falls game was tough with 4 D and sub par goaltending.
This team was picked to finish 3rd in 7A at the beginning of the year.

I really dont care what you think.
Successful programs attract players.
I look forward to next year. :D
Seriously, if you were a top youth player in Duluth, why would you pick Marshall over East? To win an A title when you would have a chance to compete at the highest level on a traditional powerhouse? No brainer for me. I'd be a Greyhound.

rainier

Post by rainier » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:42 pm

Hockey North wrote:Good Luck to you Rainier. DeCenzo wont be there to lead them.

1-6 in the last 7 Section Finals, wow!! :lol:

You are always amusing with your comments. You sound angry.

I look forward to the future.

I am not predicting anything but another good season for the Toppers!!
Whoever we get will still be better than Flaherty. Maybe if he spent as much time developing his players as he did primping his hair Marshall would have more to show for all of the talent they have attracted.

Actually, it's 3-7 in the last 10 7A title games, but given that they were never the #1 seed and never got upset by a lower seeded team, that's pretty good. And they have 3rd, 4th, and 5th place finishes at state in those years, no two and outs. Maybe after another 30 years of recruiting your way to 7A titles your team can be mentioned in the same breath as Hibbing without people laughing.

You better look forward to the future, because the past aint so hot for Marshall and the present is even worse given the 2 and out by a top 5 team.

Enjoy your success, unless Hermantown gets moved back into 7A.

Hockey North

Post by Hockey North » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:05 pm

Seriously, if you were a top youth player in Duluth, why would you pick Marshall over East? To win an A title when you would have a chance to compete at the highest level on a traditional powerhouse? No brainer for me. I'd be a Greyhound
Mike Randolph

Hockey North

Post by Hockey North » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:18 pm

Like I said earlier you are a Duluth Marshall Basher. It clearly shows in your last few posts.

During the same time frame Marshall was 2nd Place 3 years in a row. Thats better than 3,4,5th place.

If Hermantown gets moved to 7A. you'll be crying that they should be an AA team because they draw talent from an AA population area.
You are just a whiner. All your posts. Whining.

See ya!!

rainier

Post by rainier » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:07 pm

Hockey North wrote:Like I said earlier you are a Duluth Marshall Basher. It clearly shows in your last few posts.

During the same time frame Marshall was 2nd Place 3 years in a row. Thats better than 3,4,5th place.

If Hermantown gets moved to 7A. you'll be crying that they should be an AA team because they draw talent from an AA population area.

See ya!!
Hermantown draws from Hermantown (well within single A), Marshall draws from Denfeld (one of the largest A schools) and East (AA school). I may not like losing to Hermantown every year if they were in 7A, but at least I would respect their program.

I am as much of a Marshall basher as you are a Hibbing basher.

The Toppers better win 7A next year, otherwise it will be just another letdown.

KICKED-IN-THE-PRIVATES

Post by KICKED-IN-THE-PRIVATES » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:45 pm

rainier wrote:
Hockey North wrote:Like I said earlier you are a Duluth Marshall Basher. It clearly shows in your last few posts.

See ya!!
Hermantown draws from Hermantown (well within single A), Marshall draws from Denfeld (one of the largest A schools) and East (AA school). I may not like losing to Hermantown every year if they were in 7A, but at least I would respect their program.

I am as much of a Marshall basher as you are a Hibbing basher.

The Toppers better win 7A next year, otherwise it will be just another letdown.
It was quite evident this year that blondes don't have more fun :lol: :lol: :lol: