Pioneer Press All Metro selections

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

almostashappy wrote:
The Best in the Bizz3 wrote:whats the difference between this and the Associated Press All State team

http://www.minnesota-high-school-hockey.blogspot.com/
AP has Coatta playing defense. :roll:

But AP doesn't think Eagan D1 recruit Sam Wolffe deserves honorable mention, just like PP. Guess they both know something that the Maine Bears don't. :roll: :roll:

No kidding.

Wolffe got completely snubbed.
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

Winning wrote:
Goldfishdude wrote:
BodyShots wrote: I think the same can be said for Anthony Zappa for WBL.
Body..... This is unbelievable......

According to Hockey Hub, Zappa played 350 minutes.. By my calculation of 51 min games, that is a total of 7 games played. His record was 4-3.

Gee... It must be nice that the head coach of WBL is married to a Zappa.
Goldfishdude...Jealousy does not be come you at all. Just because your kid did not make it at this level doesn't mean you should bash other kids. Since you are so caught up on facts. In one of Zappa's losses Schletty, "Mr. I will not be Shaken" gave up 3 of the goals against Hastings. It was Senior night and the goalies were splitting the game. The only goal Zappa gave up was in the overtime, which went in off a skate. In the Grand Rapids game he gave up 2 of the 4 goals, again in a game that was split between the two. Zappa was credited in the loss. Sager showed no favortism at all, if he had WBL would have had a few more wins and could have made it to the Section Finals again. Schletty got them to state last year and his whole season this year was based on his past performance. You can say all you want about last year and that Schletty had a team in front of him. The same could be said that that is the reason they made it to state...Not goaltending!! Good goalies come up big when they don't have a team in front of them ie. Johnson's goalie.
Please find a hobby and leave the kids alone, that includes you Bodyshots. I know who you guys are and you probably guessed who I am, so if you ever want to discuss this like men let me know but don't hide behind this forum...Be Men!!!![/quote

Winning, apparently you didn't read this very well, and I could give a rat's ass if you know who I am.

When Jared Schletty was given awards last year, on the day it was announced, I reached out both to Jared and his father to congratulate him on his success, and I would have done the same, and I would have been happy for him to get awards this year.

In fact, I was shocked that Jared was not on the All-metro team, and the FACT that Anthony Zappa played equivalent to 7 games, no matter how well he played, and made the team ahead of Jared is not right.

And oh, winning? It sure seems YOU are the one taking shots at kids - I hope Mr. Schletty knows you, and you can discuss with him face-to-face about how you know WBL would have won more games if Schletty was benched. Mr I WILL NOT BE SHAKEN? And then you tell us how he gave up three goals versus Hastings??? This, sir, may be the harshest words ever spoken about a High School on this forum, and YOU uttered it.

And oh...all l did last year was praise the kids for the team success despite the coach, and blamed the coach for the early exit this year. I never blame kids, and questioning how a kid made All-Metro with such little playing time is reasonable to ask.