Minnesota 2011-2012

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Irish

Minnesota 2011-2012

Post by Irish » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:10 pm

All Minnesota sports must be under some sort of curse. Who can we blame for all our sports teams suffering?

Nice effort tonight Gophers. Winning 3-0 at the end of the second and give up 6 straight goals.
The best was the announcers on the radio were talking about Minnesota defense doesn't give up goals. They even stated that in the past six weeks there's not one team in the country playing better defense.
In typical fashion the announcers went on to say how dominant Minnesota was playing in the first half of the game. This should carry over to the National tournament. :oops:

I'm not saying - I'm just saying. Did you see Hackstol call a time out when the score was 3-0? After that they never looked back. That folks is called coaching. No doubt Hackstol can turn on the switch and it works. This ranks up there with one of the worst defeats in Gopher hockey history. :oops:

We need change :wink: It worked for Obama...................

PuckU126

Re: Minnesota 2011-2012

Post by PuckU126 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:25 am

Irish wrote:Winning 3-0 at the end of the second and give up 6 straight goals.
The Rodents were winning 3-1 after the second, but you are right that MN gave up 6 straight.

8)
The Puck
LGW

Irish

Post by Irish » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:00 pm

PuckU126 wrote:
The Rodents were winning 3-1 after the second, but you are right that MN gave up 6 straight.

8)
Meant 3-0 when Hak called time out and flipped the switch. Like I said. There needs to be change.
How can you dominate a game in every category and then give up 6 goals? Typical Minnesota sports team.

It should be fun to watch all the 5 foot nothings coming in the next couple years.

Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:34 pm

Irish - Who do you blame more for that loss? Coaches or players. And, why?

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:16 pm

Irish wrote:
PuckU126 wrote:

8)
Meant 3-0 when Hak called time out and flipped the switch. Like I said. There needs to be change.
How can you dominate a game in every category and then give up 6 goals? Typical Minnesota sports team.

It should be fun to watch all the 5 foot nothings coming in the next couple years.

Just proves whatever you say here has very little validity. Or substance.

Irish

Post by Irish » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:49 pm

Tigers33 wrote:Irish - Who do you blame more for that loss? Coaches or players. And, why?
Tigers, Did you watch the game Friday night versus UND? Great example! Hak calls a time out towards the end of the second period.
How does UND react? Scores a goal within a minute or two and never looked back. They came into the 3rd period and completely took the game over. Sadly, I've watched the same outcome for years. It pains me to say this but I give all the credit to Hak. He made the decision to call a time out in the second period and team reacted in a positive manner. To me that's great coaching.
UND also had some fluke goals but my point is the team answered when called upon. Like I said. I hate to say this but Hak coached his team.

Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:17 pm

As always you side stepped the actual question. I asked...who do you blame more for the loss? The players or the coaching staff. And, why? If you blame the coach for the gophers giving up than you know very little about hockey.

That loss goes completely on the players! They stunk it up, and looked awful coming into the third.

However, what is the gophers record this year against North Dakota? I do believe its 3-2. Do you remember the Gophers beat them 6-2 in Grand Forks. No, you dont. Cause you are the type of person that complains and points blame all the time.

Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:15 pm

Irish wrote:
Tigers33 wrote:Irish - Who do you blame more for that loss? Coaches or players. And, why?
Tigers, Did you watch the game Friday night versus UND? Great example! Hak calls a time out towards the end of the second period.
How does UND react? Scores a goal within a minute or two and never looked back. They came into the 3rd period and completely took the game over. Sadly, I've watched the same outcome for years. It pains me to say this but I give all the credit to Hak. He made the decision to call a time out in the second period and team reacted in a positive manner. To me that's great coaching.
UND also had some fluke goals but my point is the team answered when called upon. Like I said. I hate to say this but Hak coached his team.
You give Hak all this credit for his team's rising to the occasion on Friday yet he has come up short in many of the major key games UND has had since he started at UND (i.e. Frozen Fours). If you are going to point out the occasions where it worked, it is only fair to point out the shortcomings in that respect as well.

Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:41 am

Irish -

Did you watch the game last night? :)

Enough said!