Apex Exposure Camp adds Div I Bemidji State assistant coach

Please post all discussion of these items to this forum.

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

Apex Camp

Apex Exposure Camp adds Div I Bemidji State assistant coach

Post by Apex Camp »

Bemidji State's Amber Fryklund added to Apex Exposure Camp staff

WINONA, Minn. — Ryan Egan, the Apex Exposure Camp Director, is extremely excited to announce that Amber Fryklund, Bemidji Sate University assistant women's hockey coach, will be joining the Apex staff for 2012 . Fryklund, is Bemidji State's all-time leading scorer, having tallied 122 points from 2000-03.

"Amber is a great addition to our staff," Egan said. "Many of our athletes have the desire to play NCAA Division I college hockey. Amber's knowledge of the game and her perspective from player to coach will be invaluable to our athletes attending. I couldn't be happier to have her on our 2012 staff.

Fryklund helped lay the groundwork for the Bemidji State women's hockey program in its infancy. She became the first women's player to surpass the 100-point milestone and remains the school's leader in both points and goals scored and is second all-time in assists. Fryklund was also BSU's first All-Western College Hockey Association selection with a second team nod following the 2001-02 season. As a senior, she was invited to try out for the US National Team. Following her collegiate career, Fryklund went on to play for the Minnesota Blue Jays Senior A Team and Duluth North Stars Senior A team before playing professionally in 2006-07 for the Minnesota Whitecaps of the Western Women's Hockey

Fryklund not only brings a familiarity with the Bemidji State University women's hockey program, but also a familiarity with high school hockey in the state of Minnesota. A native of Hibbing, Minn., Fryklund was once a Miss Minnesota Hockey Finalist in her prep playing days, was co-head coach of the Duluth Northern Stars from 2004-09 and an assistant coach for the Proctor-Hermantown-Marshall Mirage for the past two seasons. In addition, Fryklund has worked hockey camps across the state of Minnesota and also served as an evaluator for USA Hockey in Minnesota for girls ages 16 and 17.

In addition to coaching, Fryklund spent seven years teaching physical education to students grades five through eight at the Marshall School and Duluth Public Schools Academy, both in Duluth, Minn.

Fryklund received her Bachelor of Science degree in physical education teaching K-12 from Bemidji State in 2003. She received her Master's degree in educational leadership from University of Minnesota Duluth in 2007.

Click link below to see brochure containing camp details

[url]http://www.saintmaryssports.com/sports/ ... 15847.aspx[/url][/url]
Rocketwrister

Post by Rocketwrister »

I thought Amber was still teaching at Marshall. huh...good for her