Open ice for hockey lessons

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

warmskin

Open ice for hockey lessons

Post by warmskin »

Does anybody know of any open ice for private hockey skating lessons (stick and puck) evenings or weekends? The only place I can find is Eden Prairie Ice Center on some weekends. Thanks
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

Based on your previous post regarding the Vadnais Heights Sports Center, I would think you could find open ice there. :roll:
warmskin

Post by warmskin »

There are plenty of rinks with unused ice in the off season which doesn't mean the arena's try to make any money off them with public skating or open hockey. Most arena's have a hard time thinking outside the box when it comes to generating revenue in the offseason.
ripping1

Post by ripping1 »

Hat trick in st louis park would be a good place to try. Ice is less expensive than the larger rinks.
sorno82

Post by sorno82 »

Maple Grove has a deal that they will open the rink in the summer on hours they do not have rented. At least they used to. It was called something like dead ice and it varies day to day on what is available. They charge a nominal fee per person.
blindref

Post by blindref »

I saw a flier at a hockey shop today that said Monticello has ice available for $120.00 an hour.