How Minnesotans did in the draft

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

BBB

Post by BBB » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:10 pm

The argument about drafting a kid bound for college that doesn't have to be signed for 4-5 years is perfectly valid.
It sounds like be might be playing at the Xcel sooner than many of us may think!
Sansevere interview:
BS: Is there any chance of not playing for the Gophers if you have a big year in juniors?
LN: You mean going to the Wild (instead of playing for the Gophers)?
BS: Yeah.
LN: That's a little too rare, and I don't think there's any possibility of that.
BS: Can you be with the Gophers for four years, or do you think you might sign with the Wild after your freshman or sophomore year?
LN: I guess it all depends on how I develop. Now that I have some of this stuff set, I can be patient so I go in at the right time. I don't want to push my luck.
BS: What do you still need to work on?
LN: I guess I still need to work on my offensive play. That's why I'm going to British Columbia to play.

xy

Post by xy » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:45 pm

Since I have quit reading him, and don't subject myself to the KQ morning show, I had forgotten just what a complete moron Bob Sansevere is. Either he's dumb enough to think that was a reasonable question to ask, or he's intentionally trying to make the kid look bad; neither reflects well on him.

And it's really not fair to the kid that he has to answer questions like that. What's he supposed to say?

Neuuman

Post by Neuuman » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:11 pm

BBB wrote:
but the NHL types have always overrated the height variable.
Really. I think its underrated. I could personally care less about what pm Bouchard does in November during a 4-4 in ot. He is not built for the playoffs regardless of his skill.
Have you watched the playoffs the last few years? Do the names chara, lucic, carter, and penner ring a bell? The kings called up 2 younger guys who were 6-3 230 to go along with all their 6-3 and 6-4 players. We're you surprised no one could touch them.
Back to the main topic....what an embarrassing show of mn players at the draft. Nanne was the only metro player taken to go along with a few later round guys and only had one ushl/ntdp player taken...wow!
I thinks it's kinda funny that there was even discussion before the draft about Nanne being drafted vs being a free agent with more flexibility. Normally those discussions don't take place regarding 2nd and 3rd line guys in mn high school hockey who have yet to hit the ultra exclusive 30 pt club.
Outstanding post.