Bruce Olson

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Mr Hockey

Bruce Olson

Post by Mr Hockey »

I know I am late on this but I just found out he passed away reading the current Let's Play Hockey.

I was working for a radio station in the Twin Cities in the late 90's and covered the state tournament.

Many of the coaches were great guys but I believe Bruce was the finest one in the field. He remembered my name every day of the tournament and I only told it to him the first day.

I also had a chance to see him while doing the PA for the WCHA Womens hockey tournaments a few years while coached Bemidji State.

I remember a funny thing happened when I interviewed him before a game in the HS tournament he stated he forgot the pucks for the pre-game (apparently the teams had to supply their own pre-game pucks at the time. I don't know if they still do). So I made a plea on the air that all fans need to bring a puck to the game and we both laughed at that.

I never knew you personally but I remember you from the few times I had a chance to talk to you before, during, and after the games of the tournament. And you were a good man to me. I am sure you were to many more as well.

Rest in Peace
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006