Two Harbors and Silver Bay Combine

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

greenway1969

Two Harbors and Silver Bay Combine

Post by greenway1969 »

Two Harbors and Silver Bay are combinng their boys high school hockey teams. Will this result in Hermantown and Proctor eventually being reassigned to Section 7A?
rainier

Post by rainier »

Good to see this. These two programs have sadly been doormats in 7A, hopefully the kids can now be on a more competitive team.

Being a Hibbing fan, of course I don't want to see Hermantown in 7A, but it is strange that they are in 5A.

Here is a short article on the Two Habors-Silver Bay merger:
http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/ ... /homepage/
GordonBombay99

Post by GordonBombay99 »

rainier wrote:Good to see this. These two programs have sadly been doormats in 7A, hopefully the kids can now be on a more competitive team.

Being a Hibbing fan, of course I don't want to see Hermantown in 7A, but it is strange that they are in 5A.

Here is a short article on the Two Habors-Silver Bay merger:
http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/ ... /homepage/
It would make 7A quite a bit more competitive than it already is, the downside to that would be 5A taking the hit, a team like Rogers or Cathedral would like it quite a bit though if that did ever happen.
hockeydad

Post by hockeydad »

Based on past practice, if Hermantown would move to 7A, it wouldn't be until 13-14. The league will announce new section assignments for 13-14 and 14-15 in February or early March.
GordonBombay99

Post by GordonBombay99 »

hockeydad wrote:Based on past practice, if Hermantown would move to 7A, it wouldn't be until 13-14. The league will announce new section assignments for 13-14 and 14-15 in February or early March.
I believe its every 2 years in which they redo the sections or make changes to them.
hockeydad

Post by hockeydad »

GordonBombay99 wrote:
hockeydad wrote:Based on past practice, if Hermantown would move to 7A, it wouldn't be until 13-14. The league will announce new section assignments for 13-14 and 14-15 in February or early March.
I believe its every 2 years in which they redo the sections or make changes to them.
Exactly.... and the upcoming year is the second year of the cycle.