Upper Midwest HS Elite Hockey League new uniforms

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Reggie

Post by Reggie »

hockeyfan893 wrote:These jerseys distract from what the Elite League is supposed to be all about, exposing kids and their talents to higher level coaches, scouts, etc. I don't envy any scout or coach trying to keep track of players in these things. All players should be wearing solid color jerseys with nothing but a number on the front and back. Clean, effective, simple.
Agreed, but Russo must need more $
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

The parents of the sextuplets must be really proud that all their boys made it this far.
wogggieee

Post by wogggieee »

If it werent for the socks I could get on board. They look a lot like bike jerseys with the sponsors and all the colors.
blueblood

New uni's

Post by blueblood »

Agree with woogggieee, the sox are obnoxious
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

I witnessed these lovely jerseys at Mars Arena for the first time today. (The first set of Elite League games I've ever gone to, actually.) They were actually less bothersome than I expected them to be, and I didn't have any trouble identifying players, though I was spared the Southeast and Southwest jerseys, as they're not in Duluth this weekend.

All in all, a fun day of hockey, aside from the injury off a cheap shot late in the second game. Both were pretty even, and there was a healthy crowd on hand, including some scouts. I was impressed by a few players I hadn't heard much about before. I won't be at the night games tonight, but I'll definitely be back for more tomorrow.
Puck76

Post by Puck76 »

Curious to hear who impressed you that was an unknown.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Puck76 wrote:Curious to hear who impressed you that was an unknown.
Slattery from Hill looked great in the one game I saw him play. I didn't realize he'd come from Shattuck until I looked him up afterwards. Zach Yon from Roseau isn't exactly an unknown, but this was my first time seeing him in person, and he was a force. I also hadn't seen the two Blake-to-Benilde transfers, and Naas was pretty sharp. Non-northerners might not have heard much about Grand Rapids goalie Hunter Shepard; if he keeps on making some of the saves he made this past weekend, they're going to learn pretty quickly.

Team North looked to be the deepest of the four squads in Duluth, with 3 very steady lines and a capable fourth line. But they were also the only team not missing anyone, so maybe that isn't unexpected. Northeast was missing a lot and struggled to generate much offense beyond the Wahlin-Moore line. Great Plains was missing the Moorhead players; given that, I thought they had a pretty strong weekend, even though their goalies seemed to be a step behind the rest. Northwest was about as anticipated, with the big names playing as expected.
observer

Post by observer »

Thanks!

Now back on topic. The uniforms. They're atrocious. The worst uniforms I've ever seen by a very wide margin. Embarrassing for the players and the sponsors.
Shinbone_News

Post by Shinbone_News »

observer wrote:Thanks!

Now back on topic. The uniforms. They're atrocious. The worst uniforms I've ever seen by a very wide margin. Embarrassing for the players and the sponsors.
Prediction: We'll see a lot more of these sublimated atrocities this winter on teams from Squirts up to High Schools and beyond throughout MN.

I know they're cheap to produce in China, and you occasionally see a nice design, but by and large they scream "EURO-TRASH" to me.

On the other hand, there's definitely been a kind of crazy arms race in producing pro-level jerseys at the youth level in the past 10 years ($100-180 for one set of uniforms????!), so maybe it's time for a correction.