New team at Vadnais

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

huville

Post by huville » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:01 am

I know that Hudson in the MNJHL has former players on the teams at U-W River Falls, U-W Superior, U-W Stevens Pt and Plattsburgh State. Those are all top notch programs.

Certain Tier III teams do a good job at developing and preparing players for the D-3 level.

Koosmann

Post by Koosmann » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:05 pm

This is my first and final post:

It amazes me that there are so many "experts" on junior hockey out there. You continue to post so much "useful?" information????

All I have to say is that Most everyone I have met that is actually involved in junior hockey is extremely passionate about 2 things,
a. Hockey
b. Helping young people achieve their highest potential both on and off
the ice.

It is true there are some self serving individuals out there just like in any other environment.

Bottom line is there are success stories through Tier 3 juniors and we should focus on those.

Last but not least, I can't help but notice that the people that spit the most vile things on these message boards dont have the courage to post their real names. Wonder why that is?

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:35 am

Maybe some kids dream of Just making a Junior team.....

:idea:

youngblood08

Post by youngblood08 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:05 pm

huville, Steel 3 - Lumberjacks 0 in St Cloud.

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:08 pm

huville wrote:Well here is your proof that the new Vadnais team is the same old Wildcats. They have 4 former Wildcats in Blake Koosman, Gavin Runberg, Shane Fabian and Tony Folk. They recruited some of the bottom players in the MNJHL in Evan Weiss (a 3rd string goalie from the lakers 2 yrs ago) and Ike Smith (who played in 33 of 45 games for the lakers last year).

Their coach is none other than Stu Ronsberg. 2 of his assistants are Jim Stejskal and Paul Gibson who all at one time coached the Wildcats.

I can see this team losing by 10-15 to Granite City who has a very solid group of vets and rookies coming in.

](*,) :cry: :oops:

hockeyfanak

Twin City Steel win the 3HL Showcase in Chicago

Post by hockeyfanak » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:49 am

Interesting turn of events as the Twin City Steel take home the title and go 4-0 in the 3HL Showcase in Chicago this weekend, including a win against the #1 team in the league. Oh, and 2 shutouts by that "3rd string goalie from the lakers".

http://na3hl.com/news/story.cfm?id=4009

Hmmmmmm...

Same old Wildcats, huh?

youngblood08

Post by youngblood08 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:26 am

beat me to it.

They beat Cleveland 1-0. Cleveland goalie L Dworak (former IceHawk)played an awesome game stopping 40 Steel shots.

huville

Post by huville » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:35 am

You're right. I guess they aren't the same old wildcats. I was completely wrong. You take 7 former wildcats (8th place), add in 4 Lakers (4th place) and that gives you a top end team in the na3hl. I was assuming that the other teams in this league would do a good job of putting a quality product on the ice but I was mistaken.

If you want a little proof that the mnjhl is better than the na3hl this year, just look at the steels own nick coltrain. He played 10 games for Hudson this season and in the few games I watched was on the 3rd line. He had 0 pts. I repeat, 0 pts for Hudson. Now he plays for the steel and has 5 pts in 9 games. Granite city has had a player of the week 6 times. The players from the mnjhl are dominating.

Also, where are all the call ups these na3hl teams promised? Granite city has the best goalie and some of the best players in the league. None of them have gotten a chance in the nahl. Twin cities has 0 calls ups and neither does little falls. I think we are seeing the true reason these teams went to the na3hl and that's to prey on kids hopes that they'll move up but really all we are seeing is that this is a one way street. Nahl to na3hl.

youngblood08

Post by youngblood08 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:14 am

God give it up huville. Get your boys at MNJHL to invite the Steel and Granite City down for thier little showcase next week, you have a couple of opening, and we will put this issue to rest.

hockeyfanak

Post by hockeyfanak » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:41 am

Thank goodness we have huville to keep us straight on all things junior hockey. Not sure what we would do without him here to interpret all of the stats for us in his own skewed way.

Thanks for keeping the rest of us on track...

Pardon me (and everyone non-huville) for coming to our own conclusions.

](*,) ](*,) =D>

observer

Post by observer » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:52 am

Also, where are all the call ups these na3hl teams promised?
Can't. They already have 25 players on their rosters. If they adjusted the NAHL rosters down to 18 skater max maybe they could.

oldguy39

Post by oldguy39 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:44 pm

I have noticed a couple call-up's from the na3hl to the nahl, all thou not many. But, I have not seen one call up from the mj, I do know that. I believe the na3hl and the mj are both tier 3, are they not? West coast vs East coast, all tier 3 hockey is just that, tier 3 hockey. There are alot of very good hockey player's out there, enough to make alot of good hockey league's. Just kick back and watch your favorite. The kid from Hudson , now with the Steel, maybe it's a better fit, maybe it's better chemistry with new line mate's. Bottom line, who care's, the kid is producing for his new team and I am sure HE is having more fun. I have watched both league's and my son has played in both. He like's the new na3hl over the mj. The na3hl will better prepare you for the nahl because of it's travel. Thats about the biggest difference that I can see. Just my 2 cents. Go wild \:D/

huville

Post by huville » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:55 am

The northern lights have had Ben Henne, Eric Shand and Alex O'Leary play games in the NAHL this year after they were playing for the lights. Hudson's Eric Loasby was moved up to Coulee Region 2 months ago and is still there.

The fact is the mnjhl is providing players the opportunity to move up to the nahl while the na3hl is a one way street. The lumberjacks, steel or flying aces have not moved 1 player up for 1 game in the nahl. That really sounds like a development league to me :/

youngblood08

Post by youngblood08 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:32 am

http://www.na3hl.com/news/story.cfm?id=4027

Congrats to Tyler. I am sure there will be a couple of more in the near future.

Hope for a quick recovery for Ezra McPhail also.

huville, Some NA3HL call ups slip right by the Tier 2 level..............
http://www.na3hl.com/news/story.cfm?id=3986

The Lights boys went on a field trip, Good for them, too bad they are back. Good for Eric, nice to see kids moved on from any league. Juniors is a back stabbing, cut throat business no need for bashing either league. There are many kids that deserve to be at higher levels unfortunately there aren't that many spots and the politics are even worse. You don't think the Lights players moving has anything to do with the Head Coach being from the league last season?

huville

Post by huville » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:04 pm

Period 2
Twin City - Blake Koosmann - (Delay of Game), 2 min, 2:52
Peoria - Michael Melka - (Delay of Game), 2 min, 2:52
Twin City - Marvin Powell - (Delay of Game), 2 min, 3:17
Peoria - Ben Krause - (Delay of Game), 2 min, 3:17
Twin City - Isaac Smith - (Holding), 2 min, 3:31
Peoria - Alexander Turin - (Roughing Double Minor), 4 min, 6:39
Twin City - Adam Slagle - (Holding), 2 min, 6:39
Twin City - Tony Folk - (Facemask), 2 min, 6:39
Twin City - Adam Slagle - (Roughing Double Minor), 4 min, 6:40
Peoria - Dylan Canoy - (Fighting Major), 5 min, 8:05
Peoria - Dylan Canoy - (Fighting (Stoppage) Game Misconduct), 10 min, 8:05
Peoria - Darren Schlueter - (Roughing), 2 min, 8:05
Peoria - Darren Schlueter - (Fighting Major), 5 min, 8:05
Peoria - Darren Schlueter - (Fighting (Stoppage) Game Misconduct), 10 min, 8:05
Peoria - Michael Melka - (Abuse of Officials Misconduct), 10 min, 8:05
Twin City - Blake Koosmann - (Charging Major), 5 min, 8:05
Twin City - Blake Koosmann - (Charging Game Misconduct), 10 min, 8:05
Twin City - Kyle Kuntz - (Fighting Major), 5 min, 8:05
Twin City - Kyle Kuntz - (Fighting (Stoppage) Game Misconduct), 10 min, 8:05
Twin City - Blake Koosmann - (Fighting Major), 5 min, 8:05
Peoria - Connor Millard - (Fighting Major), 5 min, 8:07
Peoria - Ben Krause - (Fighting Major), 5 min, 8:07
Peoria - Ben Krause - (Fighting (Stoppage) Game Misconduct), 10 min, 8:07
Peoria - Byron Lomow - (Fighting Major), 5 min, 8:07
Peoria - Byron Lomow - (Fighting (Stoppage) Game Misconduct), 10 min, 8:07
Twin City - Isaac Smith - (Fighting Major), 5 min, 8:07
Twin City - Tony Folk - (Fighting Major), 5 min, 8:07
Twin City - Tony Folk - (Fighting (Stoppage) Game Misconduct), 10 min, 8:07
Twin City - Clayton Ludlum - (Fighting Major), 5 min, 8:07
Twin City - Clayton Ludlum - (Fighting (Stoppage) Game Misconduct), 10 min, 8:07
Peoria - Dillon Philipps - (Checking from Behind), 2 min, 9:59
Peoria - Dillon Philipps - (Tripping), 2 min, 15:13
Peoria - Alexander Turin - (Interference), 2 min, 19:18

Yea, they definitely aren't gongshow anymore......

BBgunner

Post by BBgunner » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:05 am

Point is that kids who want to still play can play and The Steel did move Two kids up last year. And I know for a fact have 2 more tendered kids in NAHL tryout camps right now. Stu is no longer with the team, and the team is looking to move kids up again. And yes some of these kids will get no higher than D3 hockey and some may never play after this. And yes it is more expensive than the Mj but keep your eyes on the kids from this league I guarantee they move on more than the Mj and the way the league is run is better for the development and business of the league than the Mj. Thus the departure of Mj teams to NA3.

crash

Post by crash » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:21 pm

From what I've been hearing two or three NA3HL teams looking to come and comeback to the MNJHL next year! :shock: :lol: :lol: