HighSchoolHockeyForums.com
The Largest Prep Hockey Message Board Community on the Web
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where are all of the Holiday Tournaments listed?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> Minnesota High School Hockey (Older Topics)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
oldschoolpuckster



Joined: 09 Mar 2011
Posts: 159

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Where are all of the Holiday Tournaments listed? Reply with quote

I know about the Schwan's Cup...is there a listing somewhere that shows all of the other Holiday Tournaments in MN? (and who is playing)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hshockeyfan8



Joined: 05 Feb 2012
Posts: 215

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The three tournaments that I know of with the top teams are Schwans Cup, Edina Holiday Classic, and St. Louis Park tournament.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UpNorthMom



Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 105

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roseau hosts a holiday tournament every year after Christmas. This year, the teams coming up to play are Alexandria, LOW, Coon Rapids, Hopkins, Mandan, Minot, Chisago Lakes, and of course Roseau. The tournament is December 27 - 29.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
clutterbuck22



Joined: 26 Dec 2009
Posts: 659

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EARLY article on the likely teams in the Kiwanis Tournament in Rochester, MN

http://postbulletin.typepad.com/faceoff/2012/06/hs-hockey-some-notes-and-changes-to-kiwanis-festival-lineup.html

Scroll about halfway down.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hockeydad



Joined: 05 Mar 2002
Posts: 1374

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From South St Paul's schedule: SSP Premiere tourney

North,
Hastings,
New Prague,
Woodbury,
Hermantown,
Anoka,
Eagan

and, I would assume, South St. Paul
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
almostashappy



Joined: 17 Jan 2012
Posts: 930

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hockeydad wrote:
From South St Paul's schedule: SSP Premiere tourney

North,
Hastings,
New Prague,
Woodbury,
Hermantown,
Anoka,
Eagan

and, I would assume, South St. Paul


While I would still rather see Eagan playing in Schwan's or out in SLP, I like the additions of Anoka, H-town and New Prague to the line-up. Definite upgrade. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BP



Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 651

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redhawk Holiday Hockey Classic at Minnehaha Academy:

Faribault vs. Prairie Centre
Austin vs. Minnehaha Academy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HockeySLP



Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 86

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SLP is heading up to Duluth again this year for Denfield's Heritage Holiday Tournament December 27-29. I think they are still looking for one more team. Last year they had a Canadian team fill the last spot, and the Canadian team took a few more penalty's than the Minnesota teams, and they did not like the officiating either (imagine that).

Cloquet High School,
Detroit Lakes,
Saint Louis Park H.S.,
Bemidji,
Buffalo,
Rosemount,
Owatonna


Last edited by HockeySLP on Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
karl(east)



Joined: 18 Jul 2007
Posts: 5644

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HockeySLP wrote:
SLP is heading up to Duluth again this year for Denfield's Heritage Holiday Tournament December 27-29. I think they are still looking for one more team. Last year they had a Canadian team fill the last spot, and the Canadian team took a few more penalty's than the Minnesota teams, and they did not like the officiating either (image that).

Cloquet High School,
Detroit Lakes,
Saint Louis Park H.S.,
Bemidji,
Buffalo,
Rosemount,
Owatonna


Presumably Denfeld would be the 8th team?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
east hockey
Site Admin


Joined: 11 Dec 2002
Posts: 6507
Location: Proctor, MN

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karl(east) wrote:
HockeySLP wrote:
SLP is heading up to Duluth again this year for Denfield's Heritage Holiday Tournament December 27-29. I think they are still looking for one more team. Last year they had a Canadian team fill the last spot, and the Canadian team took a few more penalty's than the Minnesota teams, and they did not like the officiating either (image that).

Cloquet High School,
Detroit Lakes,
Saint Louis Park H.S.,
Bemidji,
Buffalo,
Rosemount,
Owatonna


Presumably Denfeld would be the 8th team?


Considering it's their tournament, that would be my guess. Mr. Green

Lee
_________________
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
blueliner5



Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Posts: 258

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UpNorthMom wrote:
Roseau hosts a holiday tournament every year after Christmas. This year, the teams coming up to play are Alexandria, LOW, Coon Rapids, Hopkins, Mandan, Minot, Chisago Lakes, and of course Roseau. The tournament is December 27 - 29.


UpNorthMom....What were the results of this tournament last year?
What teams participated? Your thoughts on the teams participating this year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HockeySLP



Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 86

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

east hockey wrote:
karl(east) wrote:
HockeySLP wrote:
SLP is heading up to Duluth again this year for Denfield's Heritage Holiday Tournament December 27-29. I think they are still looking for one more team. Last year they had a Canadian team fill the last spot, and the Canadian team took a few more penalty's than the Minnesota teams, and they did not like the officiating either (image that).

Cloquet High School,
Detroit Lakes,
Saint Louis Park H.S.,
Bemidji,
Buffalo,
Rosemount,
Owatonna


Presumably Denfeld would be the 8th team?


Considering it's their tournament, that would be my guess. Mr. Green

Lee


Thanks guys, I guess I was brain dead when I posted this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
grandmeadowhockeyfan



Joined: 04 Feb 2010
Posts: 726

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Rochester Kiwanis tourney. Reply with quote

Does anyone have the list for the rochester tourney
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UpNorthMom



Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 105

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Blueliner - just saw your message. The teams participating in Roseau's holiday tourney last year were Roseau, Holy Family, Alexandria, Minot, Mandan, LOW, Chisago Lakes, and Robbinsdale Armstrong. Roseau won the championship last year, defeating Alex 5-1 (you can see all the results at this link: http://www.roseauhockeyonline.com/page/show/439709-roseau-holiday-hockey-classic?subseason=46241

Certainly, it would be nice to compete in a metro tourney like the Schwan Cup and see, from an early standpoint, how our boys measure up with the city boys (our PeeWee and Bantam teams have the luxury of competing against metro teams in a number of tournaments up Roseau). But $ is always an issue and our own Holiday Tournament is a much-needed fundraiser. And, we are fortunate to schedule some metro teams each season.

So, we do the best we can. There you have it - one mom's thoughts Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
grandmeadowhockeyfan



Joined: 04 Feb 2010
Posts: 726

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:24 am    Post subject: Bump it up Reply with quote

Bump up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scorekeeper



Joined: 25 Oct 2011
Posts: 569

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hockeydad wrote:
From South St Paul's schedule: SSP Premiere tourney

North,
Hastings,
New Prague,
Woodbury,
Hermantown,
Anoka,
Eagan

and, I would assume, South St. Paul


Does anyone know the dates on this event?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
almostashappy



Joined: 17 Jan 2012
Posts: 930

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scorekeeper wrote:
hockeydad wrote:
From South St Paul's schedule: SSP Premiere tourney

North,
Hastings,
New Prague,
Woodbury,
Hermantown,
Anoka,
Eagan

and, I would assume, South St. Paul


Does anyone know the dates on this event?


Dec 26 to 28th.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
clutterbuck22



Joined: 26 Dec 2009
Posts: 659

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Rochester Kiwanis tourney. Reply with quote

grandmeadowhockeyfan wrote:
Does anyone have the list for the rochester tourney


List for Rochester Tourney

AA
Century
JM
Mayo
Eau Claire
New Richmond
Fargo South
No clue on 7th and 8th teams right now.

A
Lourdes
Dodge County
New Ulm
Ashwaubenon
Verona
WSFLG
Northland Pines
Kansas City
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pioneers



Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Posts: 883
Location: St Paul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/page/show/665260-holiday-tournaments
_________________
Pioneers 1983, 1991 and 2008 State Champions
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> Minnesota High School Hockey (Older Topics) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Forum Rules/Reporting Offensive Posts (Updated 3/16/05)

National HS Hockey Rankings

State by State HS Hockey Profiles

USHighSchoolHockey.com

MidgetAAAHockey.com

Statewide High School Hockey Links (By State)

High School Hockey Team Links (By State)

Minnesota High School Hockey Scores (by team) Minnesota High School Hockey Scores (by date)

Minnesota High School Hockey Rankings (USHSHO) Minnesota High School Hockey Rankings (MinnHock)

Nationwide HS Hockey Scores

Midget AAA Hockey Scores

Midget AAA Hockey National Rankings

NCAA D1 Men's Hockey Rankings

New England Prep School Hockey Rankings

Prep School Hockey Links

Friends of USHSHO and the Forums:

MinnHock

WisconsinPrepHockey.Net

Sponsored Links:

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group