2012-2013 Bantam B1 Scores

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

the_juiceman

Re: More BB1 Scores

Post by the_juiceman »

hockeyfan87 wrote:Armstrong Cooper
6-2 over St. Louis Park
9-0 over Brainerd

Blake
7-0 over St. Louis Park

Wayzata Navy
2-2 tie vs Wayzata Blue
Blake has a bantam team?
hockeyfan87

Post by hockeyfan87 »

Yes, they appear to. Take a look at the D3 site: http://www.d3hockey.org/page/show/16424-standings
Community Based

Post by Community Based »

Blake has a bantam team?
They should not have. In fact, a few years ago there was a vote that decided to limit youth hockey teams to youth hockey associations so I don't know what happened after that vote. MN Hockey could have had a clean slate of only youth hockey associations hosting youth hockey teams.

This may be a Hopkins registered youth team flying the Blake flag but that is wrong too. If it's a co-op'd team with Hopkins, including Hopkins players, call them Hopkins as they are a youth association and Blake is not. I say Hopkins because Blake is located in Hopkins. It has been mentioned that Blake HS is actually in Minneapolis. If it's a team made up entirely of Blake students then it shouldn't be allowed by Hopkins, D3 or MN Hockey and needs to be corrected.
Bleed Maroon and Gold

Post by Bleed Maroon and Gold »

Community Based wrote:
Blake has a bantam team?
They should not have. In fact, a few years ago there was a vote that decided to limit youth hockey teams to youth hockey associations so I don't know what happened after that vote. MN Hockey could have had a clean slate of only youth hockey associations hosting youth hockey teams.

This may be a Hopkins registered youth team flying the Blake flag but that is wrong too. If it's a co-op'd team with Hopkins, including Hopkins players, call them Hopkins as they are a youth association and Blake is not. I say Hopkins because Blake is located in Hopkins. It has been mentioned that Blake HS is actually in Minneapolis. If it's a team made up entirely of Blake students then it shouldn't be allowed by Hopkins, D3 or MN Hockey and needs to be corrected.
Get over it this is the 2nd or 3rd year they have had a team.

:cry:
VicKevlar

Post by VicKevlar »

Community Based wrote:
Blake has a bantam team?

As noted above....this comes up EVERY year. See my post from about a year ago and links to the when Blake won state at B1 in 2008.

http://www.ushsho.com/forums/viewtopic. ... ht=#567478
Snoopdog007

Post by Snoopdog007 »

Rosemount
3-1 over WBL Black
8-2 over Prior Lake

Blaine
6-3 over Irondale

Tonka
8-0 over Prior Lake
0-5 Loss to Roseville

Duluth Denfeld
4-3 over Cloquet
9-1 over Duluth East
8-6 over Moose Lake
Monsterbuck1

Post by Monsterbuck1 »

Tartan

7-2 over Centennial
3-3 Sibley
5-3 over Mahtomedi
8-0 over Crow River
7-0 over Coon Rapids
3-2 over WBL Orange (Tournamnet Championship)
Ilovehockey88

Post by Ilovehockey88 »

Chaska has a Bantam AA team. Burnsville has a AA team and so does White Bear Lake and Jefferson.

Chaska 1 White Bear Lake Orange 1
Chaska 3 Bursnville 1
Chaska 5 Jefferson 4
Hhoocckkeeyy

Blake in D3

Post by Hhoocckkeeyy »

If you dig and ask around you will find out that a few boys on the D3 roster are now on the JV/varsity roster. Without them they are very weak.
Snoopdog007

Bantam B1 EP Tournament

Post by Snoopdog007 »

Stillwater Red - 3
STMA - 1

OMG - 3
Edina - 2

Stillwater Red vs OMG in EP Bantam B1 Championship
Hhoocckkeeyy

Post by Hhoocckkeeyy »

Minneapolis B1 tournament
Wayzata Navy 7
Forest lake 0

Wayzata Navy 7
Burnsville 4

MSP 12
Waconia 0

MSP 3
Chasms/chann 2

Championship game
Wayzata Navy vs Minneapolis park
SWPrez

Post by SWPrez »

Hhoocckkeeyy wrote:Minneapolis B1 tournament
Wayzata Navy 7
Forest lake 0

Wayzata Navy 7
Burnsville 4

MSP 12
Waconia 0

MSP 3
Chasms/chann 2

Championship game
Wayzata Navy vs Minneapolis park
Just to clarify....it is Minneapolis....not Minneapolis Park....Saint Louis Park was part of the MP co-op but left three years ago. Minneapolis is the folding/merging in of Southwest, Washburn, & South over the last decade (for old-timers, it also includes Roosevelt and West).

Youth Hockey Hub did a nice story on the change in Minneapolis:
http://youthhockeyhub.com/everyone-recr ... is-hockey/
Snoopdog007

Post by Snoopdog007 »

Edina - 3 (3rd place game of EP Tourney)
STMA - 0

Stillwater - 4 (Championship of EP Tourney)
OMG - 1
Hhoocckkeeyy

Post by Hhoocckkeeyy »

Minneapolis bantam b1 tournament
Championship game
Wayzata Navy 8
Minneapolis 0

3rd place
Burnsville 2
Chaska /chan 1
Toomuchtoosoon

Post by Toomuchtoosoon »

Navy outscores 22-4 in three games. Heard this group is solid, but number one at every level is absurd. HS coaches should be licking there chops.
Hhoocckkeeyy

Post by Hhoocckkeeyy »

Wayzata...bantams
I hear there are a few on each team headed already attending providence and BSM. Not sure how many, but this has been a problem for them for years.
Toomuchtoosoon

Post by Toomuchtoosoon »

I never said which high school.
Hhoocckkeeyy

Post by Hhoocckkeeyy »

Clever....I guess it pays to read between the lines
gorilla1

Post by gorilla1 »

Minneapolis bb1 2

Chaska/Chan 4

Both teams have BBAA teams.
Snoopdog007

Post by Snoopdog007 »

Tartan 4
Woodbury 4

Tartan 3
Rogers 0

North Metro 4
Wayzata Blue 2

Stillwater Red 7
Forest Lake 1

Wayzata Navy 5
OMG 4

Wayzata Navy 7
Bloomington Jefferson 2
gorilla1

Post by gorilla1 »

Chaska/Chan 5

Burnsville 3

Chaska/Chan is getting going--7-2-1 over last 10 games.
SauceHockey

Post by SauceHockey »

Lakeville south-4

Rosemount-2
SauceHockey

Post by SauceHockey »

Any state predictions? Or top 10 teams at the end of the year?
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

I don't have my Region Card in front of me, but the East will be tough (it has D6, D8 and D2 all in the same Region). Stillwater Red and the two White Bears are tough, then factor in the teams in D8 and D6....wow, the winner will have scars heading into the state tourney.

But the two teams that come out of District 3 in the North Region (Wayzata Navy, North Metro, OMG, Armstrong Cooper, Wayzata Blue, etc) will be tough to beat, too.

And then you gotta factor in some oddball associations that don't field AA or A teams at all (Denfeld had a great run last year at the end)....they weren't on my radar until late January and they won state.

Short answer long: way too early to tell. Wayzata Navy is the clear #1 right now, with Stillwater Red very close behind.
MNpuckBlog

Post by MNpuckBlog »

Bleed Maroon and Gold wrote:
Community Based wrote:
Blake has a bantam team?

Get over it this is the 2nd or 3rd year they have had a team.

:cry:
Since the 05'-06' season they have had a Bantam B1 team. I believe 06-07 or 07-08 STA also had one. Somehow it works out but they have to play at the B1 level.