Scores and updates, Nov 30th

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

TTpuckster

Scores and updates, Nov 30th

Post by TTpuckster »

Let the good games continue....
rainier

Post by rainier »

2-0 Tonka after 1. Hibbing had a lot of pp time, but couldn't do anything with it. Shots 14-4 tonka.
PuckRanger

Post by PuckRanger »

Virginia 1
Little Falls 1
After 1

Shots 8-7 Virginia. Voss with Virginia's goal, Fenske with the goal for the Flyers.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Roseau 3
Blaine 0

After 1. Listening to the radio feed. Blaine's had some penalty trouble (2 PP goals), but Roseau's top line is on fire. Shots are 12-6 Blaine; Roseau goalie playing well.

3-1 early second now.
rainier

Post by rainier »

3-0 Tonka after 2. Tonka dominating, but Hibbing hanging in there.
PuckRanger

Post by PuckRanger »

Little Falls 3
Virginia 1
After 2

Flyers with a goal on a major powerplay and a shorty.
Shots 18-13 Virginia
longrebound

Post by longrebound »

Forest Lake 1
Grand Rapids 0

After 2 periods. GR will start 3rd with a minute and a half of PP time.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Still 3-1 Roseau after 2. Roseau radio has Dustin Byfuglien in the booth between periods. :)
rainier

Post by rainier »

6-1 Tonka final. Adam Johnson with the lone Hibbing goal.
PuckRanger

Post by PuckRanger »

Little Falls 6
Virginia 1
Final

Shots 25-23 for Virginia
rainier

Post by rainier »

Flake beats Grand Rapids 2-0. Neither Bischoff played for GR.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Blaine 3
Roseau 3

Final/OT

An entertaining game. Blaine, being the deeper squad, took over after a ragged first period to their season. They tied it with two in the 3rd and threw over 50 shots on net, but Roseau seems to have found themselves a goalie in Anderson--that had been an issue in recent years. Good signs for both teams in this one, though Roseau needs to develop some depth to be able to run with the top teams, and Blaine has to prove that first period was a fluke.
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

EGF 4
SCC 0
Granttenn

Roseau vs Blaine

Post by Granttenn »

Roseau 3 - Blaine 3

Great game. First period, teams looked about even with a slight edge to Blaine (more depth). Roseau of to quick 3-0 start but 2nd period Blaine's depth was on display even more so. They remind me somewhat of Wayzata with small, quick forwards but their D bringing the puck out quickly set up those forwards much better than Wayzata's and they had dozens of nice rushes.. Third period was all Blaine but still entertaining as Roseau was trying to hang on. Reminded me of a heavy-weight fight where the guy is just trying to hang in there until the bell goes. It was like a Blaine power play for the period - seriously. Couple of posts for Blaine and one for Roseau in last minute of game and in OT..Roseau had a couple of chances ion OT but dodged an assault rifle of bullets to earn the tie..

One of the most entertaining games I've been to in a long time but shots were like 52-22.. Great job by Roseau goalie but D were having trouble even getting to loose pucks in their own end that were their's for the effort/legs (in 3rd & OT)... I was pulling for Roseau but was satisfied with the tie - I don't think Blaine felt the same.. If their goalie was better (not saying he's bad but 3 goals on 22 shots?), they would be a top 5 team in my opinion..