Poll ---- Hill Murray at Eagan ******

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who will Win Hill Murray vs Eagan game ****

Hill Muray
92%
Eagan
8%

Total votes: 13

Granttenn

Poll ---- Hill Murray at Eagan ******

Post by Granttenn » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:17 pm

Who wil win this contest. Eagan struggled a bit against Eastview but talked to Roseau fan and Eagan beat them pretty solidly in scrimmage up north. SDiad they are deep and pretty talented... Hill looked tentative against a mediocre Burnsville team who only managed 20 shots... Should be interesting if nothing else..

scorekeeper

Post by scorekeeper » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:07 pm

1-0 Eagan after one. Shots are 11-5 favoring the Wildcats

scorekeeper

Post by scorekeeper » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:03 pm

2-1 Eagan after 2. Eagan killed 9 minutes in 2nd including a 5 on 3

scorekeeper

Post by scorekeeper » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:45 pm

game was won 3 to 2 in overtime by Hill Murray shots on goal hill-murray 27 Eagan 25

Granttenn

Hill pulls it out

Post by Granttenn » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:15 pm

This was a strange game. Eagan owned the first period and things didn't look very good for the pioneers. Still without D Becker who had a weak checking from behind misconduct against burnsville and already thin enough at D.. Second period Hill looked like a different team and carried the play though still not lopsided. Then in the third it was all Hill though there was a scare as Slattery took a stupid penalty with a minute left in the game.. Hill killed that off then as Willie Brown missed the first shift of OT because of a late game leg injury his replacement at wing popped in a rebound from the side of the net and it capped Hill's comeback. Hill looked very sharp in the second and third.. I would say Edina is best team I've seen this year and Blaine and Hill right behind them.. Cloquet, Roseau, Wayzata, Maple Grove, Burnsville, - Not so much... Hill should be top 5 in new polls.. Blaine looked really sharp though putting up 50 shots on Roseau so that's a toss up...

BodyShots

Post by BodyShots » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:25 pm

#-o :wink:

scorekeeper

Post by scorekeeper » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:25 am

This game played out pretty much as expected. To quote an old Denis Green expression "they are who we thought they were". Both teams

The return of Cullen Willox certainly sparked the Wildcats and they played through the first period like they did in the opening 7 minutes against East Ridge. They really had the look of a top 4 team and a title contender in out playing, outshooting and outscoring a very strong Pioneer team. Shots were 11-5 and quality scoring chances were 3-1 for Eagan.

The Wildcats were still without the services of one of their top forwards, gritty Josh Loew and 6' junior defenseman Nick Gray. These absences would hurt them considerably as the team found plenty of penalty trouble in the second period. The Wildcat penalty killers were worn down, bent, but did not break in the 2nd. The man advantage definitely gave Hill the possession advantage but a lot of credit to the Eagan PK and Andrew Lindgren for keeping the Wildcat advantage through this period. Still, Eagan's starting 5 logged a ton of ice on the PK and their legs had to be feeling some spaghetti effect after this period. Guys like Loew and Gray would have helped take the load off.

The spaghetti legs continued in the 3rd for Eagan, as they found themselves right back on their heels, and really looked desperate for about a 5 minute stretch where they would just blindly fire the puck into the neutral zone where an opportunistic Pioneer squad would re-enter the Wildcat zone and keep the pressure on.

Kudos to the Cats though, they did respond and turn the tide and had the Pioneers on their heels for a good stretch in the latter half of the period and this game ended in the regulation time as it had started. Dead even at 2-2 and 25 shots apiece through 3 periods of action in a dead even matchup.

Matt Littler's lunged for a rebound in OT and his second effort paid off as he got an outstretched stick on a loose puck past Lindgren.

Hill Murray had a stretch of about 5 or 6 minutes in the 3rd period and a few shifts in the 1st and second where they looked like a top 4 team and a title contender. At their best, they were electric, finding each other in stride on the breakout and had the fans on the edge of their seats with guys like LaValle, Slattery and Brown on the rush. I was also impressed with Willie Brown's playmaking abilities and Tyler Funk was also very dangerous throughout the game.

Eagan had another great start and this time for the full first period instead of just the 6 minutes they began the East Ridge game with. They also finished strong, dominating the latter parts of the 3rd period. As the Cats get healthy and as they find more consistency in their effort they will solidify as a top 4 team and be a legitimate threat in March. When they play as they did in the early portion of either of their games they are going to be difficult for any team in the State to hang with.

Eagan certainly flexed it's collective muscle in dominant 7-1 and 4-1 scrimmage wins over Roseau and Moorhead in Fargo, out-played Blaine 5-on-5 in Eden Prairie, dominated Hill Murray for half of a game.

I think after December 1 games, rankings would be something like 1.) Edina 2.) BSM 3.) Minnetonka 4.) Duluth East 5.) Hill Murray 6.) Eagan 7.) Eden Prairie 8.) Jefferson 9.) Cloquet 10.) Blaine

On the bubble and looking in, Grand Rapids, Wayzata, Forest Lake, Roseau

First rankings out on Wednesday

gardetto

Post by gardetto » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:45 pm

Does anyone know what Tv station recorded the game last night? I was told it would be replayed later this week ( I MISSED THE GAME) had ta work

scorekeeper

Post by scorekeeper » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:56 pm

gardetto wrote:Does anyone know what Tv station recorded the game last night? I was told it would be replayed later this week ( I MISSED THE GAME) had ta work
Burnesville/Eagan TV. It's channel 20 (public access) in Eagan. I'm watching the Eagan girls on TV right (vs Lakeville North). Channel 20. It says ETV Sports in the corner

almostashappy

Post by almostashappy » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:05 pm

gardetto wrote:Does anyone know what Tv station recorded the game last night? I was told it would be replayed later this week ( I MISSED THE GAME) had ta work
Burnsville-Eagan community access/cable tv production. Game will be shown on local channel 20...they'll have it in heavy rotation beginning in 10 days-2weeks or so. If you don't live in the area (or have a friend there that can record the games for you), you can order a DVD for $25 from this website (once they're done with post-production and have started to air it).

http://www.eagan-tv.com/index.php?optio ... &Itemid=60

Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:20 pm

Scorekeeper continues to be near sighted with the blue and green glasses. Missing Loew hurts this team but the other injury you're using as an excuse is a #6 D that won't play unless he's now a forward. I agree that Eagan is in the top 8 or 9 but they seem to lack discipline similar to past years. Goalie played better then in the opener and will take some time to settle in. Overall pretty sound defensively as a team. A couple of bad Eagan penalties including a major lead to a 5 on 3 PP goal was the beginning of the shift in tide to HM. Lechner clearly had the upper hand in working the refs. What I thought was odd was Eagan taking there TO in the 2nd to discuss a penalty kill (the 5 on 3 I think). Did I see this right and was it to rest the PK unit?

scorekeeper

Post by scorekeeper » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:59 pm

Nuts&Bolts wrote:Scorekeeper continues to be near sighted with the blue and green glasses. Missing Loew hurts this team but the other injury you're using as an excuse is a #6 D that won't play unless he's now a forward. I agree that Eagan is in the top 8 or 9 but they seem to lack discipline similar to past years. Goalie played better then in the opener and will take some time to settle in. Overall pretty sound defensively as a team. A couple of bad Eagan penalties including a major lead to a 5 on 3 PP goal was the beginning of the shift in tide to HM. Lechner clearly had the upper hand in working the refs. What I thought was odd was Eagan taking there TO in the 2nd to discuss a penalty kill (the 5 on 3 I think). Did I see this right and was it to rest the PK unit?
You saw that right. I think he was resting the PK guys. I dont disagree with you on the discipline. Can't speak for past years but Ita fair to say we had some discipline issues in the scrimmages and some self inflicted wounds yesterday. The good news is - that is all correctable. When they do play disciplined , as they did in the first frame, they are a tough team to hang with.

BodyShots

Post by BodyShots » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:00 pm

Wasn't HM missing one of its top defensemen for this game due to a game misconduct in their last one?

almostashappy

Post by almostashappy » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:29 pm

BodyShots wrote:Wasn't HM missing one of its top defensemen for this game due to a game misconduct in their last one?
:-$

Granttenn

See my Post above - D Becker was out

Post by Granttenn » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:39 pm

BodyShots wrote:Wasn't HM missing one of its top defensemen for this game due to a game misconduct in their last one?
As I mentioned above, D Becker was out because of his Misconduct penalty against B'ville. A very weak call at that - it was more of a push check..

scorekeeper

Post by scorekeeper » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:50 pm

Yes. Both teams missing a key player

almostashappy

Post by almostashappy » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:14 pm

scorekeeper wrote:
:roll:

Most teams have 1 or 2 key players. You must think that the Wildcats have a very crowded key chain. :)

gardetto

Post by gardetto » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:16 pm

almostashappy wrote:
Burnsville-Eagan community access/cable tv production. Game will be shown on local channel 20...they'll have it in heavy rotation beginning in 10 days-2weeks or so. If you don't live in the area (or have a friend there that can record the games for you), you can order a DVD for $25 from this website (once they're done with post-production and have started to air it).

http://www.eagan-tv.com/index.php?optio ... &Itemid=60
Thank you

brandy38

Re: See my Post above - D Becker was out

Post by brandy38 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:30 pm

Granttenn wrote:
As I mentioned above, D Becker was out because of his Misconduct penalty against B'ville. A very weak call at that - it was more of a push check.
Sounds like a check to me.

scorekeeper

Post by scorekeeper » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:30 pm

almostashappy wrote: Most teams have 1 or 2 key players. You must think that the Wildcats have a very crowded key chain. :)
I dont think they do. I KNOW they do

UntouchableFlow

Post by UntouchableFlow » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:45 pm

Chalk another one up for Hill. Another good result against a top 10 team, despite having their best defenseman sitting in the stands. Looking for a win against South, and looking forward to a big game on Saturday.

BodyShots

Post by BodyShots » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:36 pm

almostashappy wrote:
scorekeeper wrote:
:roll:

Most teams have 1 or 2 key players. You must think that the Wildcats have a very crowded key chain. :)
:lol: =D> :lol: