MSHSL Major Penalty Changes take effect 1/16

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

observer

Post by observer »

Poor call by the ref.

Where'd the kid get the Jabby 13 sticker on his helmet?
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

PuckRanger wrote:
MyFOXHockey wrote:What I am most concerned about is consistent calls. Agree or not, the prior link to video was called a 5 & 10. I don't personally agree, but will point to STA vs. Breck from Saturday. The link below shows a clear check from behind after the whistle. STA picked up a 2 minute rough.

http://www.foxpreps.com/dpp/video_archi ... ed-a-Rough
I find this one very disturbing given the current circumstances. This is a perfect example of what should be a 5 and a game. Blatant with intent and after the whistle. The Breck player never saw it coming. No excuse for the hit and no excuse for calling a rough on that in my opinion.
This kind of thing is quite embarrassing, to me at least. But, what's the biggest issue in this video? To me it's that the call wasn't made. The player should've been in the box for 5 minutes, period. I wouldn't go as far as to say after the whistle, as the hit started as the whistle started.

What constitutes 5/game vs just 5?

PuckRanger, I knew we could find something to agree on 8)
BodyShots

Re: girls rules

Post by BodyShots »

rudy wrote:why should boys hockey not be subjected to the same checking restrictions as girls hockey?
I got two words for you.... Tiddly Winks. :wink:
Haute hockeymom

Re: girls rules

Post by Haute hockeymom »

rudy wrote:
why should boys hockey not be subjected to the same checking restrictions as girls hockey?
Its genetic - Those with XX chromosome can't check - everybody knows that.
Everytime I think I'm out, they pull me back in
rudy

stiffer penalties

Post by rudy »

Get ready for Minnesota Hockey to reverse itself today and do away with the 5-and-10 punishment for checking from behind, boarding, etc.

Now, what will the MSHSL do?
DKS1962

Post by DKS1962 »

The way the penalty is implemented now is inconsistant and to big of a game changer.

I suggest giving the violater a 2 minute penalty which penalizes the team 2 minutes and add on an additional 5 which only penalizes the skater.