You can't make it up...

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

YouthHockeyHub

You can't make it up...

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

We wrote a story today on a topic that just baffles me (video of games)...

http://youthhockeyhub.com/when-you-thou ... rd-it-all/
JSR

Post by JSR »

No offense Tony but isn't this sort of like the pot calling the kettle black..... I mean you take the time to post articles about youth hockey, you highlight "featured players of the week" from all age groups, and your blog takes the time to RANK Squirt and Pee Wee teams etc... etc... but then you say that this is over the top etc.... Sorry but I have a hard time seeing how one is any better or any worse than the other, they both seem to be feeding the same animal if you ask me.... JMHO :?:
IHEA

Post by IHEA »

Different strokes for different folks. Coaches do all kinds of things whether you agree with them or not. Some yell, some don't, some work the refs, some play head games with their players or the other coaches, and so on.

JSR is right on. Why this would baffle you is ironic. While I don't subscribe to a lot of the tactics coaches use at the younger ages when they should be focusing internally 90% of their time on moulding their kids to get them ready for their next level of hockey, I also think its ridiculous to be writing stories and ranking kids at these age groups...which is why I won't read YHH.
Towelie

Post by Towelie »

......you may still be able to keep your dignity by removing this topic from your website.

Also, IMHO props to these coaches...in a time where teams/players/associations are getting better why wouldn't you want to see what is happening? Least they have the respect to ask.

If a coach came and asked me if they can tape my team I'd say go ahead and hope you have a lot of ink and paper :)...take it as a compliment and move on.
Did somebody say they needed a Towel ??
Bleed Maroon and Gold

Post by Bleed Maroon and Gold »

The other part of this is maybe this coach is not looking at playing any of these teams at regionals or state. Maybe the coach isn't even going to use this for video sessions with his players. Rather he is trying to become a better coach and learn new things and maybe that is what he is using the videos for. Maybe he is video taping the power house programs to get new insight on how to get his team to that level. How about you let the coaches coach and you keep writing your stories that are an opinion of yours and leave it at that.
loveitorleaveit

Post by loveitorleaveit »

Just make sure you don't show the wrong video in the team meeting.
:shock:
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

JSR wrote:No offense Tony but isn't this sort of like the pot calling the kettle black..... I mean you take the time to post articles about youth hockey, you highlight "featured players of the week" from all age groups, and your blog takes the time to RANK Squirt and Pee Wee teams etc... etc... but then you say that this is over the top etc.... Sorry but I have a hard time seeing how one is any better or any worse than the other, they both seem to be feeding the same animal if you ask me.... JMHO :?:
Big Difference between my pot (reporting to a loyal group of readers) and their kettle (videotaping in order to win). Call it what you want.

Like I've said a bunch on this message board. Once in a while we issue an opinion, but for the most part we just report. Sometimes our opinion may be unpopular.

Appreciate the feedback, though.

TS
edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 »

I like YHH!! I appreciate the work and passion that goes into it. Obviously the site is gaining traction and has an audience that cares to read it, for those who don't care to read it that option is yours. But please get off soapbox. I might be going out on a limb but I don't think anyone cares whether you read it or not and the reasons for this. I don't presume that anyone gives a crap that I like it so I will spare you the reason's why.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

I like YHH !!! Don't like it-Don't read it.
OGEE OGELTHORPE

Post by OGEE OGELTHORPE »

Send the tape to frederick 61.

He might get the game article close to factual.

:wink:

Post by 2112 »

Tony, if you are so outraged man up and tell us who the coaches are and what team they are associated with.You are taking the easy way out by not identifying who you are talking about. You making a big deal out of nothing, but it get traffic to your website, i got suckered.
Olgie, alot of truth to your words. :lol: :lol:
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

Making the association or the team public isn't important to the story (or my manliness).

For the record, we don't post these stories for "hits" or to "sucker" you into our site. One story does not make or break our site, its a collection of them. By now we've figured out what readers read and what readers want. Trust me, it's NOT our opinion.

We posted this story because it was out of the norm and worth a discussion.

Mission accomplished.
JSR

Post by JSR »

I like YHH, I like to read alot of what they write and report on. It doesn't mean they aren't being hypocrites in this instance because it's pretty clear that is the case in this instance. It doesn't make the site evil or unreadable. Just pointing out a point of fact is all....
Hard water fan

Post by Hard water fan »

I knew it. That guy sitting in the stands with a hoodie looked too much like Bill Belichick to be a coincidence...