Eagan Vs Burnsville

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins ??

Poll ended at Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:48 pm

Blaze
55%
Wildcats
45%

Total votes: 11

HappyHockeyFan

Eagan Vs Burnsville

Post by HappyHockeyFan » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:48 pm

Big conference game Tuesday night...who ya got ??
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB

BlueLineSpecial

Re: Eagan Vs Burnsville

Post by BlueLineSpecial » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:02 am

HappyHockeyFan wrote:Big conference game Tuesday night...who ya got ??
Eagan 5
Burnsville 3

HockeyGuy952

Post by HockeyGuy952 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:13 am

Burnsville 6-3

almostashappy

Post by almostashappy » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:15 am

HockeyGuy952 wrote:Burnsville 6-3
Eagan is averaging 5 goals per game, and the fewest they've scored in a game is 3 (against both HM and Tonka). Burnsville has a 2.8 GAA, and gave up 4 against Rosemount. No way that Eagan only scores 3 tonight.

That said, Cats might need to do better than their goal scoring average, with Blaze 47% on PP. Could see another Hub Spotlight game where the update guy risks carpal tunnel keeping track of all of the scoring.

7 - 5 Cats

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:42 am

Eagan 6-4. Burnsville too inconsistent. LN had em on the ropes sat but couldn't put them away. Eagan should.

pioneers

Post by pioneers » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:24 pm

almostashappy wrote:
Eagan is averaging 5 goals per game, and the fewest they've scored in a game is 3 (against both HM and Tonka). Burnsville has a 2.8 GAA, and gave up 4 against Rosemount. No way that Eagan only scores 3 tonight.

That said, Cats might need to do better than their goal scoring average, with Blaze 47% on PP. Could see another Hub Spotlight game where the update guy risks carpal tunnel keeping track of all of the scoring.

7 - 5 Cats
Actually only scored 2 against H-M
Pioneers 1983, 1991 and 2008 State Champions

starmvp

Post by starmvp » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:50 pm

Eagan 3-2

keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:34 pm

Hey Sats, I thought the same thing. North should have won. B'ville has some defensive issues they need to get worked out to be a top team. I was there and missed you again!

hondo98

Post by hondo98 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:50 pm

Burnsville 5 Eagan 2

Look for Bville to open this up in the 3rd as Eagan is down to only 3 starting D (due to a fighting DQ vs Jeffrrson on Sat).

green4

Post by green4 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:57 pm

almostashappy wrote:

7 - 5 Cats
Glad a guy can pick against your team and not be criticized....

4-3 Blaze

Ogie

Post by Ogie » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:28 pm

Great game....Both fast skating teams.

Looked to me like the Eagan defensemen carried this one.
Buy ya a soda after the game!

Ogie

Post by Ogie » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:31 pm

hondo98 wrote:Burnsville 5 Eagan 2

Look for Bville to open this up in the 3rd as Eagan is down to only 3 starting D (due to a fighting DQ vs Jeffrrson on Sat).
Didn't see none of that.

In fact, I saw Tommy Muck go out there and rip it up.

If that's what being down a defenseman looks like, I can't wait until February.

hondo98

Post by hondo98 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:07 am

So I guess "rip it up" means watching Tyler Sheehy blow by you in 3rd and spend 2 minutes alone for Tripping, then Yes he did just that.

Overall the consensus from the scouts there and anyone in attendance was Eagan physically handed it to Burnsville in every way possible. If Burnsville ever figures out how to pass and not try to go end-to-end solo they'll be a good team. But as of right now they will continue to lose to teams that play as a unit not as individuals.

Statement win by the Wildcats.

Ogie

Post by Ogie » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:48 am

One penalty does not an entire game make.

And it appeared to me that when the Burnsville players were doing some passing, it was mostly to players that weren't there when the puck arrived.

How do ya 'splain that one?

Carl Racki

Post by Carl Racki » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:14 am

hondo98 wrote:So I guess "rip it up" means watching Tyler Sheehy blow by you in 3rd and spend 2 minutes alone for Tripping, then Yes he did just that.

Overall the consensus from the scouts there and anyone in attendance was Eagan physically handed it to Burnsville in every way possible. If Burnsville ever figures out how to pass and not try to go end-to-end solo they'll be a good team. But as of right now they will continue to lose to teams that play as a unit not as individuals.

Statement win by the Wildcats.
How can beating Burnsville be a statement win? They were a 4-2 team going in that barelly beat LN and has lost to everyone else except an EP team that has serious issues.

I am intrigued by the team that Eagan could be...

almostashappy

Post by almostashappy » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:22 am

I thought that it'd be a high-scoring game, knowing that Cats would be down a dman. Also thought that it would be January before Eagan's team defense came together. I am more than almost happy to have been proven wrong on both counts last night. Burnsville was 0/3 on PP...and the fact that they only had 3 PP's was itself a positive, given how physical Eagan played. Lots of blocked shots, excellent back-checking, and a third line that stood tall and shut down Sheehy's line whenever the home team matched them up. Lindgren picked a great night to have his best game of the young season between the pipes...lots to love if you're an Eagan fan. :D
"How can beating Burnsville be a statement win? They were a 4-2 team going in that barelly beat LN and has lost to everyone else except an EP team that has serious issues."
Your math is curious (how can B'ville be 4-2 if they beat LN and EP but "has lost to everyone else"?). That said, LPH had Blaze ranked #7 and Cats #10. A lot of other folks had the two joined at the hip in the rankings. This clarifies both points. And that they won despite being down a dman, on B'ville's home ice and in their home opener (hey Blaze, next time save the light show for your dance team), throw in the fact that Burnsville is probably Eagan's most competitive rivalry....

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:38 am

Thought Eagan looked very good last night. I think this group is out to prove they are not a bunch of "leftovers" after all the talent they lost last year. Glienke is a very complete hockey player and reminds me a lot of Will Merchant. Burnsville has very little depth and after that 1st line they struggle. Kivihalme was by far best player on the Ice last night. Very impressed with him. I would definitely say it will be very difficult to dethrone Eagan in their section this yr.

Carl Racki

Post by Carl Racki » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:45 pm

"How can beating Burnsville be a statement win? They were a 4-2 team going in that barelly beat LN and has lost to everyone else except an EP team that has serious issues."
Your math is curious (how can B'ville be 4-2 if they beat LN and EP but "has lost to everyone else"?). That said, LPH had Blaze ranked #7 and Cats #10. A lot of other folks had the two joined at the hip in the rankings. This clarifies both points. And that they won despite being down a dman, on B'ville's home ice and in their home opener (hey Blaze, next time save the light show for your dance team), throw in the fact that Burnsville is probably Eagan's most competitive rivalry....[/quote]

Seriously dude do I have to include the stellar wins over Eastview and Rosemount for you to get my point?
Don't get me wrong it was a great win for Eagan. If the teams are joined at the hip in the rankings it's just is not a big enough win against a good enough team to be called a statement win. Call it a big rivalry win if you want then.

almostashappy

Post by almostashappy » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:11 pm

duplicate
Last edited by almostashappy on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

almostashappy

Post by almostashappy » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:14 pm

Carl Racki wrote: Seriously dude do I have to include the stellar wins over Eastview and Rosemount for you to get my point?
Don't get me wrong it was a great win for Eagan. If the teams are joined at the hip in the rankings it's just is not a big enough win against a good enough team to be called a statement win. Call it a big rivalry win if you want then.
First off, I wasn't the one calling it a statement game. Although I think that if that boot doesn't quite fit, that Karl will at least identify this as a "significant win" when he does his pre-section rankings in February.

Second, it's hard to take your quibbles seriously when you yourself have done such an outstanding job of shading the truth. Yeah, yeah...Burnsville barely beat LN, racked up "stellar wins" against Rsmt and EV, and beat a struggling EP team.

But other than that, they've "lost to everyone else."

And who exactly is "everyone else?"

Oh, just some run of the mill squads currently ranked #2 and #4 by LPH. :roll:

scorekeeper

Post by scorekeeper » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:25 pm

MNHockeyRankings initial rankings are out ... they are joined at the hip

Boys HS Class AA
1. Edina
2. Hill Murray
3. Benilde St Margarets
4. Minnetonka
5. Eagan
6. Burnsville
7. Blaine
8. Prior Lake
9. Bloomington Jefferson
10. Grand Rapids
11. Wayzata
12. Lakeville South
13. Centennial
14. Holy Family Catholic
15. Mounds View
16. Elk River
17. Duluth East
18. Lakeville North
19. Eastview
20. Roseau

http://mnhockeyrankings.com/

starmvp

Post by starmvp » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:57 pm

scorekeeper wrote:MNHockeyRankings initial rankings are out ... they are joined at the hip

Boys HS Class AA
1. Edina
2. Hill Murray
3. Benilde St Margarets
4. Minnetonka
5. Eagan
6. Burnsville
7. Blaine
8. Prior Lake
9. Bloomington Jefferson
10. Grand Rapids
11. Wayzata
12. Lakeville South
13. Centennial
14. Holy Family Catholic
15. Mounds View
16. Elk River
17. Duluth East
18. Lakeville North
19. Eastview
20. Roseau

Prior Lake 8?

scorekeeper

Post by scorekeeper » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:05 pm

starmvp wrote:
scorekeeper wrote:MNHockeyRankings initial rankings are out ... they are joined at the hip

Boys HS Class AA
1. Edina
2. Hill Murray
3. Benilde St Margarets
4. Minnetonka
5. Eagan
6. Burnsville
7. Blaine
8. Prior Lake
9. Bloomington Jefferson
10. Grand Rapids
11. Wayzata
12. Lakeville South
13. Centennial
14. Holy Family Catholic
15. Mounds View
16. Elk River
17. Duluth East
18. Lakeville North
19. Eastview
20. Roseau

Prior Lake 8?
I think they are the only team to skate within a goal of Edina and they just come off a sound 8-0 beating of Conference rival Rosemount. Should be a good game in Eagan on Friday

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:07 pm

These particular rankings definitely seem off.

Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:46 pm

Different thread on the rankings. Eagan goalie played well with a mediocore save percentage going in and Eagan rotated what looked to be 3.5 defensemen that were very solid. Final shots were surprising (and Eagan blocked several like no other team I've seen) but the home town minor official must have been giving the 2 for 1 to the Blaze at least in the 2nd. Nice thing for Eagan being down the one D was he didn't end up in the penalty box - lots of penalty minutes showing on the Hub. Eagan's downfall is discipline and sometimes a lack of passion (and the powerplay is simply awful).

BTW - Sheehey looked to be the best player on the ice from my view. Eagan is a legitimate top 6-7 but expect a let down coming up. Shame they opt not to play in the Schwans Cup and focus on winning the Packer Cow Chip for what, the 4th year in a row?