Eagan Vs Burnsville

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins ??

Poll ended at Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:48 pm

Blaze
55%
Wildcats
45%

Total votes: 11

HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:27 am

Nuts&Bolts wrote:Different thread on the rankings. Eagan goalie played well with a mediocore save percentage going in and Eagan rotated what looked to be 3.5 defensemen that were very solid. Final shots were surprising (and Eagan blocked several like no other team I've seen) but the home town minor official must have been giving the 2 for 1 to the Blaze at least in the 2nd. Nice thing for Eagan being down the one D was he didn't end up in the penalty box - lots of penalty minutes showing on the Hub. Eagan's downfall is discipline and sometimes a lack of passion (and the powerplay is simply awful).

BTW - Sheehey looked to be the best player on the ice from my view. Eagan is a legitimate top 6-7 but expect a let down coming up. Shame they opt not to play in the Schwans Cup and focus on winning the Packer Cow Chip for what, the 4th year in a row?
First I would like to know what leads you to believe there will be a let down coming soon ? And second of all, its not the tournament in December that matters, its the one in March... :wink:
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:45 am

Nuts&Bolts wrote:Different thread on the rankings. Eagan goalie played well with a mediocore save percentage going in and Eagan rotated what looked to be 3.5 defensemen that were very solid. Final shots were surprising (and Eagan blocked several like no other team I've seen) but the home town minor official must have been giving the 2 for 1 to the Blaze at least in the 2nd. Nice thing for Eagan being down the one D was he didn't end up in the penalty box - lots of penalty minutes showing on the Hub. Eagan's downfall is discipline and sometimes a lack of passion (and the powerplay is simply awful).

BTW - Sheehey looked to be the best player on the ice from my view. Eagan is a legitimate top 6-7 but expect a let down coming up. Shame they opt not to play in the Schwans Cup and focus on winning the Packer Cow Chip for what, the 4th year in a row?
Definitely have to disagree with you on Sheehy being the best player on the ice. Kivihalme was hands down the best player out there. Who do you think all the NHL scouts were there watching? I think Glienke was even better than Sheehy was in this one.

scorekeeper

Post by scorekeeper » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:15 am

Nuts&Bolts wrote:Eagan's downfall is discipline and sometimes a lack of passion (and the powerplay is simply awful).

Eagan is a legitimate top 6-7 but expect a let down coming up.
Unfortunately, you are correct about lapses in discipline and a god-awful power play. Thank God it's early ...

For sure 6-7 and maybe even 4-5. Only for sure behind Minnetonka and Edina. On par with Hill Murray. Verdict still out on BSM ... and ahead of the rest.

Also - no let down coming. Quite the contrary

scorekeeper

Post by scorekeeper » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:17 am

Sats81 wrote:

Definitely have to disagree with you on Sheehy being the best player on the ice. Kivihalme was hands down the best player out there. Who do you think all the NHL scouts were there watching? I think Glienke was even better than Sheehy was in this one.
I agree Glienke outshined Sheehy and Teemu, but Willox was the best player on the ice in this one, IMO

Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:30 pm

HHF - don't want to stray from the topic but would you agree teams that play a more challenging season are better off come March? Eagan won't play another top 6 team again unless they make it to the X compared to BSM and Duluth East playing independent schedules and others like Tonka, Edina and Eden Prairie that load up in tourneys, non-conference and play in a tough conference. I'd take a handful of regular season losses to top teams in spot light games over wins in SSP in front of a crowd consisting of friends and family.

scorekeeper

Post by scorekeeper » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:31 pm

Nuts&Bolts wrote:HHF - don't want to stray from the topic but would you agree teams that play a more challenging season are better off come March? Eagan won't play another top 6 team again unless they make it to the X compared to BSM and Duluth East playing independent schedules and others like Tonka, Edina and Eden Prairie that load up in tourneys, non-conference and play in a tough conference. I'd take a handful of regular season losses to top teams in spot light games over wins in SSP in front of a crowd consisting of friends and family.
??? Eagan has played 6 of the top 12 AA teams in the State so far and with 7 of the top- 19 teams in the State all in the SSC, they are guaranteed to play a steady diet of top 20 teams all season long, preparing them well for post season play.

Not to mention Hermantown (#6 in the State in a combined AA/A ranking) is also at the SSP Tournament. Could set up for a nice 5 vs 6 final (or 6 v 7)

HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:23 am

Nuts&Bolts wrote:HHF - don't want to stray from the topic but would you agree teams that play a more challenging season are better off come March? Eagan won't play another top 6 team again unless they make it to the X compared to BSM and Duluth East playing independent schedules and others like Tonka, Edina and Eden Prairie that load up in tourneys, non-conference and play in a tough conference. I'd take a handful of regular season losses to top teams in spot light games over wins in SSP in front of a crowd consisting of friends and family.
I guess I would say the jury is out on that, but I for sure know that 3 games in December (SSP Tourney) wont make a speck of difference come March and the State Tournament.
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB