Blaine (6-0-1) vs Burnsville (5-3) 12-26-12 2:30pm

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:21 am

Bengals
61%
Blaze
39%

Total votes: 23

HShockeywatcher

Blaine (6-0-1) vs Burnsville (5-3) 12-26-12 2:30pm

Post by HShockeywatcher » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:21 am

Two top 15 teams in the state meeting for the first time in more than 5 years. Blaine has played a weaker schedule and has only one notable opponent on their schedule thus far, but it is a win over BSM who gave Burnsville one of their three losses.

Should be a great game and very few would be surprised to see either team win.

joris016

Post by joris016 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:22 am

Bengals 5-3 on an empty netter

blueblood

Blaine v Bville

Post by blueblood » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:58 am

Bengals top Blaze 5-2

scorekeeper

Post by scorekeeper » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:27 pm

Having watched our Eagan team go undefeated against these teams in the past 4 weeks, I'll take Burnsville 4-2

Bengals have a GREAT power play, but 5-on-5 Burnsville top line will be the best on the ice in this one

Hscout000

Post by Hscout000 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:23 pm

Having watched our Eagan team go undefeated against these teams in the past 4 weeks, I'll take Burnsville 4-2

Bengals have a GREAT power play, but 5-on-5 Burnsville top line will be the best on the ice in this one
Umm, Eagan has not played Blaine and Blaine has yet to lose so I guess Eagan is undefeated against these teams but they only played one so...

Bigcat99

Post by Bigcat99 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:07 pm

Hscout000 wrote:

Umm, Eagan has not played Blaine and Blaine has yet to lose so I guess Eagan is undefeated against these teams but they only played one so...
Yeah...and Edina (while ranked #1) has no more games against higher ranked teams (paraphrasing the keeper)?!?!? Interesting how some people interpret various factual information.
It is what it is!

scorekeeper

Post by scorekeeper » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:54 pm

Hscout000 wrote:

was refering to the scrimmage on Thanksgiving weekend where Eagan and Blaine played

scorekeeper

Post by scorekeeper » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:56 pm

Bigcat99 wrote:
Hscout000 wrote:

Yeah...and Edina (while ranked #1) has no more games against higher ranked teams (paraphrasing the keeper)?!?!? Interesting how some people interpret various factual information.
that was kinda my point. its tough to play teams ahead of you when there aren't many (or any).

Bigcat99

Post by Bigcat99 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:22 pm

scorekeeper wrote:
Hscout000 wrote:

was refering to the scrimmage on Thanksgiving weekend where Eagan and Blaine played
Scrimmages count?

Merry Christmas everyone!
It is what it is!

HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:58 pm

scorekeeper wrote:
Hscout000 wrote:

Neither teams "wins" a scrimmage. They are an opportunity for both teams to work on different things before the season starts.

scorekeeper

Post by scorekeeper » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:10 am

Bigcat99 wrote: Scrimmages count?
Counts for what? It counts to me in forming my opinion that Burnsville has the upper hand. You form your opinion based on your own criteria. I'll do the same

Bigcat99

Post by Bigcat99 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:57 am

scorekeeper wrote:
Bigcat99 wrote: Scrimmages count?
Counts for what? It counts to me in forming my opinion that Burnsville has the upper hand. You form your opinion based on your own criteria. I'll do the same
My criteria is about the same as the MSHSL, coaches, people who are involved in state rankings, and probably most players on scrimmages counting... they don't. Like the 'watcher mentioned above, coaches use them to figure out numerous things about their team, ie. who is going to actually make the varsities, line combinations, PP/PK units, etc. This may not happen in Eagan, but some teams will actually SIT some of their better players during some of these practices so the kids on the bubble can have more ice time to be evaluated. Until the MSHSL starts including the outcomes in the records, I guess we'll agree to disagree on how much these "scored practices" count.

Good luck to your Wildcats, and I look forward to seeing them live on Pokegama in mid January.
It is what it is!

BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:57 am

While Blaine seems to have momentum, I'm leaning towards Burnsville in this game. Should be a good game, maybe not as high scoring as folks might think. I'll take Blaze 3-2

starmvp

Post by starmvp » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:40 pm

Blaine 5-2

D3Referee

Post by D3Referee » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:58 pm

Bengals are in trouble here. After struggling against second tier teams like Centennial and East, they will finally see what a Top team looks like in this one - and they won't like it.

Burnsville 7, Blaine 3

HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:20 pm

D3Referee wrote:Bengals are in trouble here. After struggling against second tier teams like Centennial and East, they will finally see what a Top team looks like in this one - and they won't like it.

Burnsville 7, Blaine 3
#-o =D>

Wallyworld

Blaine

Post by Wallyworld » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:26 pm

I've been high on Blaine since seeing them drop 52 shots on Roseau to start the season. They have wave after wave of small, talented forwards and the D work the puck up to them very quickly & efficiently.. The question had been in G/D but they seem to be doing fine..

I saw Hill play Burnsville first game of year and give up 1 goal on 18 (?) shots.. Burnsville also lost to BSM while Blaine didn't and the Blaze have a loss to Eagan in their as well.. What I saw in the opener (and watching their 2 best players in about a dozen Elite League games) Is that Sheehy and Def. Teemu are very talented but quality depth is an issue.. 5-2 Blaine.. I figure Sheehy gets a couple so maybe 5-3 but definitely no closer than that...

Tenoverpar

b

Post by Tenoverpar » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:50 am

We've been waiting for Burnsville to breakout for years...every season it's the same "the Blaze have all the pieces"..yet nothing. The same continues..very close game but not over the hump yet
BLAINE 3
Burnsville 2

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:40 am

Blaine 5-3

D3Referee

Post by D3Referee » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:56 pm

Honestly, this shouldn't be close. Burnsville may even opt to give their backup goalie some ice in this one and save Mallon for the semis and championship games.

Blaze could win by as many as 4 or 5 in this one.

Burnsville 5, Blaine 1

almostashappy

Post by almostashappy » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:13 pm

Early in 2nd....
Burnsville 2
Blaine 0

live webstream of game:

http://www.nscsports.org/page/show/475116-gamecast-tv

MNpuckBlog

Post by MNpuckBlog » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:09 pm

D3Referee wrote:Honestly, this shouldn't be close. Burnsville may even opt to give their backup goalie some ice in this one and save Mallon for the semis and championship games.

Burnsville 5, Blaine 1
3-1 Blaze Final! Blaine's D looked a bit rough. Sheehy stuck out but aside from him it didn't seem they had any real standouts up front, but they broke the puck out very cleanly and quickly. Sheehy will be a good player at the next level, good speed and great at creating scoring chances. Blaine needs to create better shots. They took a lot of their shots from far out and weren't legitimate threats to score on many rushes.

WendyClark

Post by WendyClark » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:18 pm

MNpuckBlog wrote:
D3Referee wrote:Honestly, this shouldn't be close. Burnsville may even opt to give their backup goalie some ice in this one and save Mallon for the semis and championship games.

Burnsville 5, Blaine 1
3-1 Blaze Final! Blaine's D looked a bit rough. Sheehy stuck out but aside from him it didn't seem they had any real standouts up front, but they broke the puck out very cleanly and quickly. Sheehy will be a good player at the next level, good speed and great at creating scoring chances. Blaine needs to create better shots. They took a lot of their shots from far out and weren't legitimate threats to score on many rushes.

Super Soph Brock Boeser didn't stand out to you with his 2 goals? :roll:

MNpuckBlog

Post by MNpuckBlog » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:13 pm

WendyClark wrote:
MNpuckBlog wrote:

Burnsville 5, Blaine 1

Super Soph Brock Boeser didn't stand out to you with his 2 goals? :roll:
Two goals doesn't mean he is a standout...stats are nice but don't always reflect a player's talent (playing with good players). Not selling the kid short, that PP goal in the 3rd was a beauty, just saying from watching the game Burnsville seemed solid, but Sheehy was a clear and definite standout. My post wasn't discrediting anyone for the Blaze, but in this particular game which is the first I've seen of Burnsville, that Sheehy was the one creating the most opportunities.

scorekeeper

Post by scorekeeper » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:04 am

scorekeeper wrote:Having watched our Eagan team go undefeated against these teams in the past 4 weeks, I'll take Burnsville 4-2
Watched it online. Played out almost exactly as I expected with the 2 goal Blaze advantage. After watching both teams share the ice with our Wildcats it was pretty apparent to me that Blaine is a good team, but Burnsville is better.