Matt Pilot

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

UntouchableFlow

Matt Pilot

Post by UntouchableFlow » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:20 pm

Does anybody know where this kid ended up? I know that he left from South St. Paul early to play for the Austin Bruins in the NAHL, but I've had trouble finding anything for him lately. Can anybody help me out?

flatontheice

Re: Matt Pilot

Post by flatontheice » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:57 am

UntouchableFlow wrote:Does anybody know where this kid ended up? I know that he left from South St. Paul early to play for the Austin Bruins in the NAHL, but I've had trouble finding anything for him lately. Can anybody help me out?
Dropped out. Last I heard working in the SSP stock yards.

fourthlinegrinder

Matt the Hammer Pilot

Post by fourthlinegrinder » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:43 pm

Pilot wanted to fight twice a game he really was nuts. Pilot had a hard time showing up to his classes as a junior in Austin. He was given multiple chances and could not wuite figure it out. Austin did not protect him over the summer so he was a free agent. he played 1 game with the New Mexico Mustangs in the NAHL and was released. He than played a couple games at the Tier 3 level but who wants to pay 8000 dollars to play in a PLEASE BAN ME league????

Pilot jumped too early, I think once Green Bay drafted him he got excited and thought screw HS hockey.

Bad choice :(

UntouchableFlow

Post by UntouchableFlow » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:01 pm

I hope he can get picked up by someone and that he an continue his hockey career. I saw him play when he was at South St. Paul and I thought he had a lot of potential. Good size, good skating ability, and good hockey intelligence.

fourthlinegrinder

I agree with untouchable flow

Post by fourthlinegrinder » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:17 am

He is just a 94 bithdate, I cant remember how it worked but the Portland Winter Hawks had his rights at one point, his brother is a great guy and was an excellent hockey player (i belive he hurt his knee and had to hang them up)

beimg a 94 i think he is still workable

Reality???

this kid would outwork his opponents every single shift, the kid had a bomb for a shot even in the NAHL, I am an old schooler,I admire a guy that is willing to knock some teeth out along the way, nothing wrong with playing with some jam.

I think Matt Pilot should go to the SIJHL and play for the Iron Rangers or the Wilderness, maybe even the Clydsdales of Duluth. he could play there this year and next year, Than go to the NAHL and join an expansion his final year.

Lets here it boys

HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:06 am

I know his family, he's done with hockey and working with his brother at the stockyards selling cattle.
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB