The "dogs" of the SSC

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

How many SSC underdogs will win today?

None
20%
50%
20%
No votes
No votes
10%

Total votes: 10

almostashappy

The "dogs" of the SSC

Post by almostashappy » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:48 am

Aside from scorekeeper’s posts, there’s not been a lot of love shown lately on these boards for the strength of schedule of any team playing in the South Suburban Conference (particularly when compared against the “elite” schedules of teams like Duluth East, Lake Conference, BSM, HM, etc., etc…..). Which makes today a great day for hockey…and a great opportunity for the SSC underdogs to build on B’ville’s win yesterday and to show their stuff.

So how many of these SSC “dogs” will have their day today?

12:00pm Jefferson vs. Wayzata (Sports Authority Quarters , webstreamed by mnhockeycenter.com)

5:00pm Lakeville North vs. Benilde (Sports Authority Quarters , webstreamed by mnhockeycenter.com)

5:30pm Burnsville vs. Hill (Schwans Gold Semi, webstream nscsports.org)

6:30pm Prior Lake vs. Andover (Schwans Silver Semi, Hub spotlight)

8:30pm Lakeville South vs. Centennial (Schwans Silver Semi, Hub spotlight)

I’ll go out on a medium-sized limb and say that the SSC teams win at least 2 of these 5 games.

BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:12 am

Should be interesting. I don't see Lakeville North beating BSM but the other games could go either way. Personally, I think the only SSC win from these games will be Prior Lake over Andover.

scorekeeper

Post by scorekeeper » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:21 pm

After Burnsville handled Blaine easily on Wednesday, 6 out of 10 SSC teams won on Thursday, including Lakeville South beating Centennial and Prior Lake beating Andover.

Jefferson begins the day for SSC beating Eden Prairie as well.

Mark my words - most under-rated conference in the State in the SSC with as many as 7 Top 20 teams and possibly 4 in the Top 10

BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:58 pm

scorekeeper wrote:After Burnsville handled Blaine easily on Wednesday, 6 out of 10 SSC teams won on Thursday, including Lakeville South beating Centennial and Prior Lake beating Andover.

Mark my words - most under-rated conference in the State in the SSC with as many as 7 Top 20 teams and possibly 4 in the Top 10
You won't get any disagreement from me. It seems to me many in the conference are above average but are having trouble taking the next step. Recent games:

Burnsville loses by 5 to HM
Lakeville North loses by 6 to BSM
Bloomingon Jefferson loses by 4 to Wayzata

That said, top to bottom its arguably the best overall conference. Lake is of course very good, Eden Prairie's poor performance to start the year notwithstanding. Classic with HM and STA is top heavy but doesn't have the consistency. So I'd probably give the nod to the SSC

scorekeeper

Post by scorekeeper » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:25 pm

BlueLineSpecial wrote:
scorekeeper wrote:After Burnsville handled Blaine easily on Wednesday, 6 out of 10 SSC teams won on Thursday, including Lakeville South beating Centennial and Prior Lake beating Andover.

You won't get any disagreement from me. It seems to me many in the conference are above average but are having trouble taking the next step. Recent games:

That said, top to bottom its arguably the best overall conference. Lake is of course very good, Eden Prairie's poor performance to start the year notwithstanding. Classic with HM and STA is top heavy but doesn't have the consistency. So I'd probably give the nod to the SSC
I think at this point it's safe to say HM & BSM are 1-2 in the State or 2-1. Also a nice win for Wayzata, lending some credibility to their high ranking - although I'm not sold on #3. More like #6 for now, IMO

In any event, those 3 losses are justifyable even by Top 10 or 20 teams, considering the opponent.

BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:38 pm

scorekeeper wrote:
BlueLineSpecial wrote:

I think at this point it's safe to say HM & BSM are 1-2 in the State or 2-1. Also a nice win for Wayzata, lending some credibility to their high ranking - although I'm not sold on #3. More like #6 for now, IMO

In any event, those 3 losses are justifyable even by Top 10 or 20 teams, considering the opponent.
Agreed. Just the lopsided scores raised my unibrow. But yes, understandable losses.