EAST GRAND FORKS.....

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Will east grand forks stay undefeated the whole regular season????

Yes
21%
No
79%

Total votes: 29

Prowlerhockey

EAST GRAND FORKS.....

Post by Prowlerhockey »

Can east grand forks stay undefeated the whole regular season?
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

Barely won tonight
HShockeywatcher

Re: EAST GRAND FORKS.....

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Prowlerhockey wrote:Can east grand forks stay undefeated the whole regular season?
They still play Moorhead, Warroad again, Roseau x2, TRF x2 and Grand Forks Central [who they just went to OT with] a third time.

It's a great story and it would be cool to see it happen, but my money's on no...
Air Force 1

Re: EAST GRAND FORKS.....

Post by Air Force 1 »

HShockeywatcher wrote:
Prowlerhockey wrote:Can east grand forks stay undefeated the whole regular season?
They still play Moorhead, Warroad again, Roseau x2, TRF x2 and Grand Forks Central [who they just went to OT with] a third time.

It's a great story and it would be cool to see it happen, but my money's on no...
AND Grand Forks Red River 3 times!
Crimson Live

Post by Crimson Live »

EGF will go at best 19-5-1 with losses to RR Roseau TRF Warroad and Moorhead
Prowlerhockey

Post by Prowlerhockey »

Crimson Live wrote:EGF will go at best 19-5-1 with losses to RR Roseau TRF Warroad and Moorhead
you think TRF will beat EGF?...who do you think will come out of 8a and move on to state??
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

Crimson Live wrote:EGF will go at best 19-5-1 with losses to RR Roseau TRF Warroad and Moorhead
I don't believe they will lose to TRF or War.
But RR, Moor, and Roseau are a different story.

So, I believe they will be 21 - 3 - 1.

My 2 1/2 cents.
Crimson Live

Post by Crimson Live »

TTpuckster wrote:

My 2 1/2 cents.
What makes you think they wont lose to TRF or Warroad?

Warroad played them tough in EGF, playing the 2nd and 3rd without their best defenseman and their best goal scorer playing D in his spot and TRF is a tough place to play
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

Crimson Live wrote:
TTpuckster wrote:

My 2 1/2 cents.

Warroad played them tough in EGF, playing the 2nd and 3rd without their best defenseman and their best goal scorer playing D in his spot and TRF is a tough place to play
Just my humble opinion looking at what has happened so far.
As I said, my 2 1/2 cents
Deathblow

Post by Deathblow »

I can't really see EGF losing a game in sections...frankly, the game against Warroad wasn't as close as the score said...
Warrior18

Post by Warrior18 »

They have had a great start but i dont see it happening. Red River is too tough of a team to beat them 3 times. Moorhead and Roseau are tough as well. I see them ending the season with 4 losses and a section 8 title.
Prowlerhockey

Post by Prowlerhockey »

I don't know why I feel this way, but I have a weird feeling that trf will beat EGF for the section title, call me crazy but that's what I feel.( I know it's a weird feeling)
Crimson Live

Post by Crimson Live »

TTpuckster wrote:
Crimson Live wrote:
TTpuckster wrote: I don't believe they will lose to TRF or War.

My 2 1/2 cents.

I was in no way saying your opinion is wrong i was just curious as to what you have seen to make you feel this way
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

Crimson Live wrote:
TTpuckster wrote:
Crimson Live wrote: What makes you think they wont lose to TRF or Warroad?

I was in no way saying your opinion is wrong i was just curious as to what you have seen to make you feel this way
OK,

1. Runner up to Edina in the Bantam A state tournament last year with several of those kids contributing to the varsity already this year.
2. Combined with a mix of upper classmen that have strong talent, such as Hajicek and others to balance the team.
3. A strong goaltender in Lindstrom.
4. A more disciplined team on and off the ice. No offense, (at least not too much), to the previous coach, but Palmo, with the support of Oliver, seem to be keeping the team together better than the previous regime.
5. Higher confidence that they can win, because of the succes of the Bantam A players. (Very important IMHO)

Both TRF and Warroad are relying more so on underclassmen.
And, I believe that, with the new coaching that EGF has, they are in the same class as both TRF and War in the coaching aspect.

By the way, I wouldn't be surprised to see EGF lose to Crookston in the next game.
For both Crox and EGF, that is as big a rivalry as the Grand Forks Schools.
Deathblow

Post by Deathblow »

OK,

1. Runner up to Edina in the Bantam A state tournament last year with several of those kids contributing to the varsity already this year.
2. Combined with a mix of upper classmen that have strong talent, such as Hajicek and others to balance the team.
4. A more disciplined team on and off the ice. No offense, (at least not too much), to the previous coach, but Palmo, with the support of Oliver, seem to be keeping the team together better than the previous regime.
5. Higher confidence that they can win, because of the succes of the Bantam A players. (Very important IMHO)

And, I believe that, with the new coaching that EGF has, they are in the same class as both TRF and War in the coaching aspect.

By the way, I wouldn't be surprised to see EGF lose to Crookston in the next game.

I agree with the premise of your post, but I disagree with some of the points...Lindstrom seems like he's goalie by default, as two sophomores are behind him, both of which were on the Bantam A runner up last year. Lindstrom has been the beneficiary of great dman play in Ausmus, Brierley, and Poolman. Lindstrom looked shaky, at times, against Warroad and Red River. Also, you say that War and TRF are relying on underclassmen more than EGF...I cannot agree with this, at all...Bowen, Ausmus, Brierley, Tweten, Grant Loven, Corbid...all are sophomores or freshman...heck Bowen leads the team in points and Tweten leads in goals...Finally, there is no way EGF loses to Crookston. Crookston has a decent group of Freshman, but other than that, numbers/talent are very thin.[/quote]
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

Deathblow wrote:
OK,

I agree with the premise of your post, but I disagree with some of the points...Lindstrom seems like he's goalie by default, as two sophomores are behind him, both of which were on the Bantam A runner up last year. Lindstrom has been the beneficiary of great dman play in Ausmus, Brierley, and Poolman. Lindstrom looked shaky, at times, against Warroad and Red River. Also, you say that War and TRF are relying on underclassmen more than EGF...I cannot agree with this, at all...Bowen, Ausmus, Brierley, Tweten, Grant Loven, Corbid...all are sophomores or freshman...heck Bowen leads the team in points and Tweten leads in goals...Finally, there is no way EGF loses to Crookston. Crookston has a decent group of Freshman, but other than that, numbers/talent are very thin.
[/quote]

Good points DB.

But what I am saying is that I believe that TRF and War are relying more on younger players than EGF. I believe EGF has a better mix of young and older players. TRF has some returning players from a very good team last year but not as strong as the players they lost. War has Sylvester, but is then relying on a couple of very good sophomores.
By the way, Hajicek is now leading EGF in scoring.

I disagree on Lindstrom.
He has had some shaky moments, but what goalie doesn't?
He has been very strong, especially when killing off major penalties.
He is a great goalie.
Palmo is just mixing in younger goalies as he should, for the future.

And, I did not say that Crox would defeat EGF, I just said that, given the rivalry, I would not be surprised if it happened.

I am still predicting 3 loses for EGF on the season.
Deathblow

Post by Deathblow »

Gotcha, TT. :D Haven't watched TRF this year, but I've been able to watch these EGF soph and frosh since they were peewees...and the depth is ridiculous. They have three other D playing JV, that could play up with no problem.
DekeDangler

The East Grand Forks situation.

Post by DekeDangler »

Goalies & Defense:

It appears that their Goalie situation is under control. I've heard that both have been doing a fantastic job. I have also heard about weakness with some of their D that's causing problems for the Goalies. Some skill levels and consistency of play? They're said to be very strong but have some that could benefit from some more JV time. Some weak links? On that same note, It sounds like they have a couple JV kids that have some size and skill that aren't being used yet. Could be a development thing.

I don't know about going undefeated, but I do believe they could have a pretty good run at it if they are willing to make some adjustments and tweek a few things/roles.
Prowlerhockey

Post by Prowlerhockey »

Anyone know how EGF did against red river tonight?(jan 3rd)
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

Prowlerhockey wrote:Anyone know how EGF did against red river tonight?(jan 3rd)
They won 3-2 in OT
CitiesSpudsGuy

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy »

Prowlerhockey wrote:Anyone know how EGF did against red river tonight?(jan 3rd)
Hockey Hub says EGF won 3-2.
50+ years of Spuds Hockey