Can anyone beat Warroad???

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

yeahokaypal

Can anyone beat Warroad???

Post by yeahokaypal » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:50 pm

I was wondering if anyone thinks that Warroad can be beaten? Now yes you can say Minnetonka did, but any other team? Especially a team in class A? Will they have an almost guarantee state title??

Racki2016

Post by Racki2016 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:33 pm

You heard it here fisrt, Warroad is going to go 24-1. Then walk all over everyone to win the state "A" title.

JohnnyBuck

Post by JohnnyBuck » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:41 pm

Sad but true! It is a shame that they are not playing in the AA bracket this year. I would think that Class A would be pretty anti climatic this year. :cry:

capitalist

Post by capitalist » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:45 pm

I don't think you have to be a swami to figure that.
But I'll say that Red Wing will at least be able to score vs. Warroad. It's hard to tell about RW though because they play such a crappy schedule--we won't see them really tested until Dec 15 against Blake. And why doesn't RW play Chaska if they're in the same conference? Or is that just an omission in the HockeyHub schedule?

fishfreak11

Post by fishfreak11 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:57 pm

any team can be beaten at any time. just remember this "HOT GOALIE"
never take it for granted.

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:07 pm

No doubt that Warroad is the "class" of Class A. But I wouldn't give them all of their remaining games just yet. They still play Thief River Falls (twice) and could stumble in either of those. They also play Buffalo, and I think you'll see that they have the capability to hang with them. Blake has surprised this year, and that's not a given either. The only other potentially dangerous team on their schedule during the regular season would appear to be rival Roseau, but the Rams are down a little bit and I might give Warroad that one.

Looking back, Edina tied them 1-1 and, judging by the shots (39-19 in the Hornet's favor), probably should have beat them.

Hill-Murray lost to them 2-3, but was leading 2-0 going into the 3rd, when they ended up surrendering 3 goals and lost.

But to come away with a tie and a win against these two very solid AA teams and lose to Minnetonka by just one shows that Warroad is very strong once again. If they are going to lose another one the rest of the way I would agree that that other team will need to be at their best and maybe catch Warroad off-guard a little.

Just saying that it could happen.

yeahokaypal

Post by yeahokaypal » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:01 pm

capitalist wrote:I don't think you have to be a swami to figure that.
But I'll say that Red Wing will at least be able to score vs. Warroad. It's hard to tell about RW though because they play such a crappy schedule--we won't see them really tested until Dec 15 against Blake. And why doesn't RW play Chaska if they're in the same conference? Or is that just an omission in the HockeyHub schedule?
Chaska is no longer in RW's conference. RW is the only team i see even giving them a run for their money. They have a couple really good scorers..

MinnGirlsHockey

Post by MinnGirlsHockey » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:48 pm

yeahokaypal wrote:
capitalist wrote:I don't think you have to be a swami to figure that.
Chaska is no longer in RW's conference. RW is the only team i see even giving them a run for their money. They have a couple really good scorers..
What conference is Chaska/Chanhassen in now? Hockey Hub has them in the Missota. I agree, that doesn't seem correct as it looks like they only play Farmington and Shakopee from that conference (albeit twice each).

QuackerTracker

Post by QuackerTracker » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:22 am

MinnGirlsHockey wrote:What conference is Chaska/Chanhassen in now? Hockey Hub has them in the Missota. I agree, that doesn't seem correct as it looks like they only play Farmington and Shakopee from that conference (albeit twice each).
Chaska/Chan is in their 2nd year of playing and independent schedule.

Knight7

Post by Knight7 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:26 pm

Yes. Have been beat already. Play up.

hometown warrior

Post by hometown warrior » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:57 pm

MNHockeyFan wrote:No doubt that Warroad is the "class"less of Class A. .
Wont be long and this program will be on the decline since coach will probably move on and recruiting will stop. Probably will pick up on th HS boys side then.

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:23 pm

hometown warrior wrote:
Wont be long and this program will be on the decline since coach will probably move on and recruiting will stop. Probably will pick up on th HS boys side then.
Just want to point out that I never referred to Warroad as being "class less" - in quoting what I had posted earlier hometown warrior added the "less" to my post! :roll:

#2 Hockey Mom

Post by #2 Hockey Mom » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:30 pm

Correction, Hometown.....Recruiting has already begun on the boys side....Daddy's making sure of that!!! :roll:

nungitchida

Post by nungitchida » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:59 am

[quote="MNHockeyFan"][quote="hometown warrior"][quote="MNHockeyFan"]No doubt that Warroad is the "class"less of Class A. .[/quote]

Wont be long and this program will be on the decline since coach will probably move on and recruiting will stop. Probably will pick up on th HS boys side then.[/quote]

Just want to point out that I never referred to Warroad as being "class less" - in quoting what I had posted earlier hometown warrior added the "less" to my post! :roll:[/quote]

getting off the subject now boys... :D do I think warroad can be beaten. any team can be beaten.. hot goalie ..bored team anything can happen sounds like a couple of sour apples on here what your daughter loss her spot to someone up there..as for the the coach moving to the boys that's not going to happen. the coach the boys team has now is doing a great job.got a bunch of bad apples so he's making a pie as for recruiting every time in the state has done it everyone that is competative that is.. get over it hometown warrior you probably never laced them up have you :shock: quit fighting your daughters battles

Sue's a girls name

Post by Sue's a girls name » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:09 pm

nungitchida wrote:
MNHockeyFan wrote:
hometown warrior wrote:
Just want to point out that I never referred to Warroad as being "class less" - in quoting what I had posted earlier hometown warrior added the "less" to my post! :roll:
getting off the subject now boys... :D do I think warroad can be beaten. any team can be beaten.. hot goalie ..bored team anything can happen sounds like a couple of sour apples on here what your daughter loss her spot to someone up there..as for the the coach moving to the boys that's not going to happen. the coach the boys team has now is doing a great job.got a bunch of bad apples so he's making a pie as for recruiting every time in the state has done it everyone that is competative that is.. get over it hometown warrior you probably never laced them up have you :shock: quit fighting your daughters battles
Blanket statement of the year:

" recruiting every time in the state has done it"

I think you meant 'team', not 'time'.

And, no, every team doesn't do it. You're trying to justify that every team does it, and therefore, because the warriors do it too, it's still ok.

MNHockeyFan

Re: Can anyone beat Warroad???

Post by MNHockeyFan » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:23 am

yeahokaypal wrote:I was wondering if anyone thinks that Warroad can be beaten? Now yes you can say Minnetonka did, but any other team?
January 18, 2013
Buffalo 2, Warroad 1

Bighead

Post by Bighead » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:53 am

:lol:

Racki2016

Post by Racki2016 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:55 am

No comment from yeahokaypal ?

allhoc11

Re: Can anyone beat Warroad???

Post by allhoc11 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:32 am

yeahokaypal wrote:I was wondering if anyone thinks that Warroad can be beaten? Now yes you can say Minnetonka did, but any other team? Especially a team in class A? Will they have an almost guarantee state title??
With the players they get every year I don't think it matters how good they are until they are willing to step up and play AA hockey.

sinbin

Post by sinbin » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:43 pm

It's currently a perfect set up for both Warroad and Roseau in that they each get relatively free passes to the state tournament each year. At least Roseau has the common decency to play AA.

chix_w_stix

Post by chix_w_stix » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:42 am

January 18, 2013
Buffalo 2, Warroad 1

January 19, 2013
TRF 6, Buffalo, 1.

Cant wait to see that young Thief River Falls team beat Warroad at sections, Now THAT would be classic!!

chix_w_stix

Post by chix_w_stix » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:45 am

Racki2016 wrote:You heard it here fisrt, Warroad is going to go 24-1. Then walk all over everyone to win the state "A" title.

:?

Racki2016

Post by Racki2016 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:00 am

January 15 2013
Warroad 3, TRF 1

Good luck !

Silent But Deadly

TRF

Post by Silent But Deadly » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:37 am

chix_w_stix wrote:January 18, 2013
Buffalo 2, Warroad 1

January 19, 2013
TRF 6, Buffalo, 1.

Cant wait to see that young Thief River Falls team beat Warroad at sections, Now THAT would be classic!!
No fan of Warroad here...but if that TRF team plans to win they better make sure they don't forget to bring the refs they had when they played Buffalo!! :wink:

moose jaw

Post by moose jaw » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:39 pm

forget the refs,they need to leave the clown on the bench they call a co head coach what embarrassment to this program.trf has a goalie who can certainly steal a game but dont think its going to happens against warroad.comparing who did what against buffalo is meaningless,with this genius on the bench i predict a meltdown in the semis.