Jared Christen

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

MrBoDangles

Jared Christen

Post by MrBoDangles »

Quietly leading the state in scoring at Apollo against decent competition.

Any knowledge on this kid out there?
northern_guy

Re: Jared Christen

Post by northern_guy »

MrBoDangles wrote:Quietly leading the state in scoring at Apollo against decent competition.

Decent competition? they are class A and play a tiny handful of teams with a respectable program.
Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

50 points is pretty impressive...but gotta go with northern guy. Their schedule is pretty soft!
northern_guy

Post by northern_guy »

Tigers33 wrote:50 points is pretty impressive...but gotta go with northern guy. Their schedule is pretty soft!

according to followthepuck.com he has 41 points and is tied...i am sure he is a good player...but he is not agreat player and should not even be mentioned in the same webpage as any mr. hockey finalist. i would be curious to know if he is generating any interest from colleges..and by that i mean official visits..not rumors someone makes up or thinks they heard. he seems like a player that if he grinds it out for 3 years of juniors he could crack a michigan tech or alabama hunstville squad. if he played any team besides cathedral or little falls that was ranked this year i would give him more credit...sorry...just saying.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

northern_guy wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:Quietly leading the state in scoring at Apollo against decent competition.

Decent competition? they are class A and play a tiny handful of teams with a respectable program.
I'm not claiming Bill and Ted's era "Decent!" :wink:
in2hockey

Post by in2hockey »

I have seen this kid play and he knows how to put the puck in the net and deserves more credit than he is getting. Also apollos schedule is not that bad. They have 2 games on their schedule that were blowouts but the rest of their games are teams comparable to them including games against solid teams including 2 with brainerd and Alexandria and tech (who beat cathedral), Bemidji,and Princeton. Not just little falls and cathedral northern guy.
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

northern_guy wrote:

The age old question of how good players are from stats alone.
Bad players can't get points against any team.

The thing I like about him is that he has one less assist than he does goal. He isn't simply skating around all the "bad competition" he is playing against and hogging the puck, he is getting his teammates involved as well.
RRubberbeeskit

Post by RRubberbeeskit »

Looks like he ranks right up there with Picht and Beyer from Morris and Schneider from Willmar. Dont let me forget Swanson from Wadena.
:wink:
Tenoverpar

s

Post by Tenoverpar »

Say what you want, but if putting up points were east everyone would be doing it....kudos to this kid for a great season
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

He's scoring against good teams too. He obviously has some talent.
BobSaget

Post by BobSaget »

Some people judge without seeing people play. Not a great schedule but there are worse ones out there. The kid can play...him and Paul Kenney both are talented players that would be given more credit if they played at Cathedral. It's unfortunate.