Lake Conference

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who will win the conference?

Eden Prairie
6%
Edina
50%
Hopkins
No votes
Minnetonka
33%
Wayzata
11%

Total votes: 18

Metrohockeyfan

Lake Conference

Post by Metrohockeyfan »

Conference play starts this week, who do you guys got winning the best conference in the state?
tonkafan77

Post by tonkafan77 »

Each and every Lake Conference game among the 4 powerful teams have been absolutely unbelievable to watch and experience. I don't think anyone was expecting any team to be undefeated at this stage in LC play. That being said, this is one of those years that any one of them (Tonka, Ep, Edina, Wayzata) can beat one another on any given night; there isn't one clear front-runner.

Once Minnetonka beats Hopkins on Thursday, they are guaranteed at least a share of the title. Then, they can go 1-1 against Wayzata and EP and still win it outright.

Thanks to all teams for providing us with amazing play-off like games these past couple weeks! I especially look forward to seeing the Wayzata/Edina tilt at Braemar coming up.
green4

Post by green4 »

tonkafan77 wrote:Each and every Lake Conference game among the 4 powerful teams have been absolutely unbelievable to watch and experience. I don't think anyone was expecting any team to be undefeated at this stage in LC play. That being said, this is one of those years that any one of them (Tonka, Ep, Edina, Wayzata) can beat one another on any given night; there isn't one clear front-runner.

Once Minnetonka beats Hopkins on Thursday, they are guaranteed at least a share of the title. Then, they can go 1-1 against Wayzata and EP and still win it outright.

Thanks to all teams for providing us with amazing play-off like games these past couple weeks! I especially look forward to seeing the Wayzata/Edina tilt at Braemar coming up.
The thing with the lake i feel like the teams bring a different style of play each year that is capable of beating one team but not another. I have noticed this in years past to the year nobody could beat the tonka team besides edina, to when Rau's senior year Ep team would beat wayzata but cound't beat edina but edina could never beat wayzata going 0-3 against them that year. and this year it seems Tonka just has edina's number while i think Edina has wayzata's. Maybe its just me but this is what i seem to observe