Section 8A

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hawkhockey

Post by hawkhockey » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:59 am

Prowlerhockey wrote:
bardown27 wrote:Prowlerhockey,

by no means was it a cheap or dirty hit. it was a 2 on 2 coming into the zone, and the weak side D, LIKE THEY ARE TAUGHT, crossed with the strong side D and played the body. They teach this is peewees (when checking was still legal in peewees). it was shoulder to chest, not elbow to head or whatever your eyes saw. clean hit, very nice step up by Mr. Nelson.
clearly we were watching a different game then one another, and it was shoulder to HEAD not chest I was right at ice level I seen the whole play, not saying it was illegal hit at all, I'm saying that that was his intent to hurt him and take him out of the game! Hope he gets what's coming to him against east grand forks!
when you say it was a hit to the head you are insisting that it was illegal as that would be head contact. How do you know his intentions. And you just wished an injury on a high school student. Congratulations.

Prowlerhockey

Post by Prowlerhockey » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:13 am

defense wrote:Hope the best for the TRF kid...always hate people getting hurt.
but..
come on TRF guy who is calling Warroad out...I mean really? All u teams up north play a " different" style.. same as IR...not saying it's good, bad, whatever...just saying
warroad takes that "different" style to a whole new level sometimes, and it's usually when their team isn't good enough to win in a legit way

warriors41

Post by warriors41 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:18 am

Prowlerhockey wrote:
but..
come on TRF guy who is calling Warroad out...I mean really? All u teams up north play a " different" style.. same as IR...not saying it's good, bad, whatever...just saying
warroad takes that "different" style to a whole new level sometimes, and it's usually when their team isn't good enough to win in a legit way
These two teams split their games regular season. Did Warroad head hunt in the game they won? Did they purposely take out half the team? Quit talking like TRF was a far superior team that should have beaten them by 10 goals. These were two evenly matched teams. One won a close game, the other lost a close game. That's how these things work.

25 sheet power

Post by 25 sheet power » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:19 am

Prowlerhockey wrote:
CreaseMonkey wrote:So you are saying it is just fine to run the goalie, but not ok when one of your guys takes a "legal" hit? If the Warroad goalie had been knocked out of the game on that hit, would you be on here calling your team cheap? I doubt it.
im not disputing the fact of a legal hit or not, I'm saying they were out to get that one guy on trf and the kid that made the hit did it with the intent to hurt him, so legal hit or not, that's not right! If you have to do something like that to win a game,maybe they shouldn't be playing at all!! And as far as the goalie incident goes, if it were a cheap intentional trip on the goalie then yes I would admit that it was a cheap play.
The hit happened 7 mins into the game? In 7 mins you could tell they were trying to hurt him? If Nelson can really just knock people out of the game just because he wants to why not take Forney also? I've only been to one game that I really thought a team was trying to hurt a player and that was Brock Nelson in TRF in 2010. And when you are the best player you should expect extra attention. What would you like Warroad to do when the TRF player tries to cross into the slot? You have said it was a legal hit. so whats the problem? Warroad should have just let him go in on the net? If anything the Trf player forced Nelson to make the hit.

defense

Post by defense » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:32 am

I bet no TRF player has ever hurt anyone... no TRF coach has ever told his players to finish the hit on anyone in particular .... ALL HOCKEY PLAYERS HAVE, ALL HOCKEY COACHES HAVE. This is hockey, not basketball tennis or swimming ..

defense

Post by defense » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:34 am

BTW TRF GUY: how's Mr. Berglund doing? Most people here in FF hated when he left.

Prowlerhockey

Post by Prowlerhockey » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:35 am

25 sheet power wrote:
Prowlerhockey wrote:
CreaseMonkey wrote:So you are saying it is just fine to run the goalie, but not ok when one of your guys takes a "legal" hit? If the Warroad goalie had been knocked out of the game on that hit, would you be on here calling your team cheap? I doubt it.
im not disputing the fact of a legal hit or not, I'm saying they were out to get that one guy on trf and the kid that made the hit did it with the intent to hurt him, so legal hit or not, that's not right! If you have to do something like that to win a game,maybe they shouldn't be playing at all!! And as far as the goalie incident goes, if it were a cheap intentional trip on the goalie then yes I would admit that it was a cheap play.
The hit happened 7 mins into the game? In 7 mins you could tell they were trying to hurt him? If Nelson can really just knock people out of the game just because he wants to why not take Forney also? I've only been to one game that I really thought a team was trying to hurt a player and that was Brock Nelson in TRF in 2010. And when you are the best player you should expect extra attention. What would you like Warroad to do when the TRF player tries to cross into the slot? You have said it was a legal hit. so whats the problem? Warroad should have just let him go in on the net? If anything the Trf player forced Nelson to make the hit.
the problem I have is the contact to the head. Obviously he is supposed to make the hit. The contact to the head is the problem I have with the hit. I'm not talking about this anymore it's done and over with. You guys seen it how you seen it and I saw it how I saw it.

riverman

Sec 8a

Post by riverman » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:48 am

So is there no one from either team that has the hit on video? Maybe it could be posted on here and all of us sideline refs could decide. Ask you friends see if someone has the video.

mn miracle man

Post by mn miracle man » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:50 am

Prowlerhockey wrote:
but..
Warroad just plays a physical game as does every northern team. It was unfortunate that a player got hurt but its part of the game. What is typical is not Warroad being called "thugs" yet a TRF fan claiming they are the better team and never in the wrong. Keep in mind that Warroad has still won 7 of the last 10 section titles so they must be doing a lot of winning in a NON legit way, right? Get over the conspiracy theory and go down and watch a nice title game with Warroad and EGF with the Green Wave looking to make their first trip to St. Paul since 2002.

25 sheet power

Post by 25 sheet power » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:20 pm

Any word on how the kid is doing?

Hockeylogger

Post by Hockeylogger » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:23 pm

I was at the game last night and it looked like a clean hit. Unfortunate that he got hurt but it happens sometimes.

I don't think the Warroad player had an intent to injure or head hunt as prowler has said. As the guy next to me said at the game "That's why you don't cut to the middle of the ice with your head down"

Hope he is ok, and looking forward to a good game on Thursday.

Air Force 1

Post by Air Force 1 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:42 pm

From KROX radio, Crookston Coach John Bittner annouced resignation after the game last night:

"After the game coach Bittner announced he has resigned as the head hockey coach at Crookston High School. "I told the kids after the game that I had given my resignation back in August. It's just time and I want to make it clear it's not just because Ryan (Bittner) is graduating,” said Bittner. “I've been doing this for a long time and I love the sport and coaching it, but I'm just the caretaker of Pirate hockey and it's time to pass it along to someone else."

TO HEAR COACH BITTNER'S COACHING RETIREMENT ANNOUNCEMENT ON KROX http://kroxam.com/Bittnerretirement.mp3

TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:20 pm

Air Force 1 wrote:From KROX radio, Crookston Coach John Bittner annouced resignation after the game last night:

"After the game coach Bittner announced he has resigned as the head hockey coach at Crookston High School. "I told the kids after the game that I had given my resignation back in August. It's just time and I want to make it clear it's not just because Ryan (Bittner) is graduating,” said Bittner. “I've been doing this for a long time and I love the sport and coaching it, but I'm just the caretaker of Pirate hockey and it's time to pass it along to someone else."

TO HEAR COACH BITTNER'S COACHING RETIREMENT ANNOUNCEMENT ON KROX http://kroxam.com/Bittnerretirement.mp3
Best wishes to a good man

SS729

Post by SS729 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:31 pm

I am from egf, I was 10ft from that hit. It was a legal hit ,one that the trf player was off balance and shooting and not ready for. They had it on the wdaz sports on the 10 o'clock . You can watch it.. I watched over and over. It is a violent hit, but I believe it wasn't with intent to injure.. I pray for the players recovery... It was 2 great games of hockey..

northfan

Post by northfan » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:31 pm

So than you are saying the blow to the head came from the ice? He was knocked out cold and has a concussion. He got out of the hospital at 2Am.

Prowlerhockey

Post by Prowlerhockey » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:25 pm

northfan wrote:So than you are saying the blow to the head came from the ice? He was knocked out cold and has a concussion. He got out of the hospital at 2Am.
that must of been what it was, warroad has never been known for doing anything dirty on the ice. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Prowlerhockey

Post by Prowlerhockey » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:52 pm

hawkhockey wrote:
Prowlerhockey wrote:
bardown27 wrote:Prowlerhockey,

by no means was it a cheap or dirty hit. it was a 2 on 2 coming into the zone, and the weak side D, LIKE THEY ARE TAUGHT, crossed with the strong side D and played the body. They teach this is peewees (when checking was still legal in peewees). it was shoulder to chest, not elbow to head or whatever your eyes saw. clean hit, very nice step up by Mr. Nelson.
clearly we were watching a different game then one another, and it was shoulder to HEAD not chest I was right at ice level I seen the whole play, not saying it was illegal hit at all, I'm saying that that was his intent to hurt him and take him out of the game! Hope he gets what's coming to him against east grand forks!
when you say it was a hit to the head you are insisting that it was illegal as that would be head contact. How do you know his intentions. And you just wished an injury on a high school student. Congratulations.
shouldn't you be talking about hermantown somewhere on a different post???

warriors41

Post by warriors41 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:53 pm

Prowlerhockey wrote:
northfan wrote:So than you are saying the blow to the head came from the ice? He was knocked out cold and has a concussion. He got out of the hospital at 2Am.
that must of been what it was, warroad has never been known for doing anything dirty on the ice. :roll: :roll: :roll:
That must have been what it was. He's not the first person to play hockey who got a concussion from his head hitting the ice. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Not sure if you've ever skated, but frozen water doesn't give very much.

Prowlerhockey

Post by Prowlerhockey » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:03 pm

warriors41 wrote:
Prowlerhockey wrote:
That must have been what it was. He's not the first person to play hockey who got a concussion from his head hitting the ice. :roll: :roll: :roll:

neither do shoulders to the head.

warriors41

Post by warriors41 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:31 pm

Prowlerhockey wrote:
warriors41 wrote:
Prowlerhockey wrote:

I just through all the posts. Of all the people who commented about the hit, you are the only who saw head contact. You may want to except the possibility that you are wrong.

Prowlerhockey

Post by Prowlerhockey » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:19 pm

warriors41 wrote:
Prowlerhockey wrote:
warriors41 wrote:
Prowlerhockey wrote:

I just through all the posts. Of all the people who commented about the hit, you are the only who saw head contact. You may want to except the possibility that you are wrong.
well I guess I was the only one watching closely at that moment then.

Hockeylogger

Post by Hockeylogger » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:29 pm

Prowler

If a player has his head down how is someone supposed to avoid contact with it? It is one thing if someone has there head up and the opposing player throws a flying elbow but this was clearly not the case. The TRF player had his head completely focused on the puck and cut through the middle. What was the Warroad player supposed to do, not make contact because the guy couldn't see it coming? If you want to watch no contact hockey the girls tournament was last weekend.

Obviously it doesn't matter how many different people give their honest opinions here. Prowler has made up their mind that it was Warroad's game plan to head hunt and hurt players to win and that is what they always do according to him.

I don't know why we even acknowledge his posts because they are irrational and biased to say the least.

groundpoundinggrunt

Post by groundpoundinggrunt » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:30 pm

WDAZ News at 10 video, clearly shows a very vicious hit. The Warroad player is tracking on the TRF kid, drops down(loads) and then drives up and through the check. It's the scary part of hockey that happens and makes our stomaches turn. The TRF kid was coming in at a bad angle, he was leaning and head was slanted down. He was an easy target, vulnerable. There are players that are going to take advantage of that and others that will simply do a bump and break up the play. This was obviously no attempt at a bump.

groundpoundinggrunt

Post by groundpoundinggrunt » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:49 pm

Hockeylogger wrote:Prowler

If a player has his head down how is someone supposed to avoid contact with it? It is one thing if someone has there head up and the opposing player throws a flying elbow but this was clearly not the case. The TRF player had his head completely focused on the puck and cut through the middle. What was the Warroad player supposed to do, not make contact because the guy couldn't see it coming? If you want to watch no contact hockey the girls tournament was last weekend.

Obviously it doesn't matter how many different people give their honest opinions here. Prowler has made up their mind that it was Warroad's game plan to head hunt and hurt players to win and that is what they always do according to him.

I don't know why we even acknowledge his posts because they are irrational and biased to say the least.

So what do suggest? I agree that you can't just let the player skate in untouched, but it is irresponsible of you to lead us to believe that you are okay with a hit like that on a player in a vulnerable position. There is the responsiblitiy of the puck handler to keep their head up and be aware of what's coming. There is just as much responsibility of the attacker to protect the player that isn't looking. How is a player expected to protect themself when they get checked in the back? What happens to the attacker? The attacker knows to try and stop or back off to prevent injury. Many players are aware of this when other skaters have their head down and back off a little out of respect. Most know they wouldn't want it done to them, so they don't do it to others.

Prowlerhockey

Post by Prowlerhockey » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:54 pm

groundpoundinggrunt wrote:
Hockeylogger wrote:Prowler

So what do suggest? I agree that you can't just let the player skate in untouched, but it is irresponsible of you to lead us to believe that you are okay with a hit like that on a player in a vulnerable position. There is the responsiblitiy of the puck handler to keep their head up and be aware of what's coming. There is just as much responsibility of the attacker to protect the player that isn't looking. How is a player expected to protect themself when they get checked in the back? What happens to the attacker? The attacker knows to try and stop or back off to prevent injury. Many players are aware of this when other skaters have their head down and back off a little out of respect. Most know they wouldn't want it done to them, so they don't do it to others.
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> very well put. I think the attacker knew exactly what he was doing, and what his intent was with that hit.