Section 8A

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

northfan

Post by northfan » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:10 pm

How many strides did he take before he drilled him?

HawkeyPower

Post by HawkeyPower » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:34 pm

northfan wrote:So than you are saying the blow to the head came from the ice? He was knocked out cold and has a concussion. He got out of the hospital at 2Am.
I didnt see this hit, but I have seen kids get concussions without being hit in the head. It is very possible just by the jarring motion.

groundpoundinggrunt

Post by groundpoundinggrunt » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:16 pm

northfan wrote:How many strides did he take before he drilled him?
I don't recall how many strides, but he glided a good 10 feet before the hit.

mn miracle man

Section 8 Title Game

Post by mn miracle man » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:07 pm

Before this gets locked up, how about back to the Section 8 title game! Any predictions on the game? EGF should be tough to beat in their own barn, and do have a win against Warroad there once already this season. However, an interesting fact is that since 1994, only 2 different teams have advanced to state from the section title game played in EGF:

2010: Warroad
2007: Warroad
2004: Warroad
2001: EGF
1998: EGF
1995: Warroad

So luck has been on Warroad's side recently on that rink, but anything can happen in a matchup with a trip to the X on the line!

Prediction:
Warroad 3
EGF 2

Prowlerhockey

Re: Section 8 Title Game

Post by Prowlerhockey » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:16 pm

mn miracle man wrote:Before this gets locked up, how about back to the Section 8 title game! Any predictions on the game? EGF should be tough to beat in their own barn, and do have a win against Warroad there once already this season. However, an interesting fact is that since 1994, only 2 different teams have advanced to state from the section title game played in EGF:

So luck has been on Warroad's side recently on that rink, but anything can happen in a matchup with a trip to the X on the line!

Prediction:
Warroad 3
EGF 2
EGF 7
Warroad 3

groundpoundinggrunt

Post by groundpoundinggrunt » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:30 pm

mn miracle man wrote:Before this gets locked up, how about back to the Section 8 title game! Any predictions on the game? EGF should be tough to beat in their own barn, and do have a win against Warroad there once already this season. However, an interesting fact is that since 1994, only 2 different teams have advanced to state from the section title game played in EGF:

Prediction:
Warroad 3
EGF 2
There's been a lot of trash talk about both of these teams recently. I choose not to go there. To much garbage for my bin and I'm going to leave it at that. I'm thinking EGF is going to play it's best hockey of the season that night. Warroad will no doubt bring their A game but it won't be enough. EGF will be more physical, have 3 solid periods and generate more of an offensive assult.
EGF 5
Warroad 2

No matter what, it will be a game that you don't want to miss.

25 sheet power

Post by 25 sheet power » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:26 pm

Last edited by 25 sheet power on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

25 sheet power

Post by 25 sheet power » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:29 pm

Prediction:
Warroad 3
EGF 2
Thats not Luck. Warroad 0 EGF 5

25 sheet power

Post by 25 sheet power » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:49 pm

DekeDangler wrote:Wow, Warriors41 and moose jaw, you two must be brothers. You can slow it down all you want......but you're still speaking nonsense. If you truly believe that it's every players responsibility to keep there head up and always be prepared for every hit, you are insinuating that they have what's coming to them if someone is lining them up. This is not a realistic expectation. Players are vulnerable at many different points during a game. We teach to not hit a player from behind because they are vulnerable, in order to protect them. We teach not to board because of the devastating injuries, in order to protect them. Coaches do teach restraint and to hold back on other players that are in vulnerable positions, in order to protect them. This is done out of respect for the player and the game. Not every player is going to have their head up. We see players, on a continual basis, demonstrate restraint and good judgment when they notice a player with their head down. It is clearly obvious that you two missed that lesson or just don't care.
Am I really reading this? If you are playing Hockey and have the puck on your stick it is absolutely your responsibility. D-FAQ?

Mailman

Post by Mailman » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:45 am

groundpoundinggrunt wrote:Now I wish I really would have stayed for the game rather than have to be the after game taxi service. Mailman, I saw the video too and it's so hard to see a really evident head shot. The Warroad player just gave a really hard check. It looks like the follow through, that raises the question. There appears to be unintentional head contact because of the follow through of the check. The video was on WDAY Channel 6 out of Fargo. I'm sure it's been replaced already with last nights 10:00 news. Interesting points about heads-up/heads-down checks. Both sides have valid points. It's disappointing that the "emotions" get so involved and these conversations turn ugly. I think there could be some really good discussions about this if both sides could remain civil.
Thanks for the video info.

RG_hockey

Post by RG_hockey » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:01 pm

With the way EGF has been playing and the way that warroad played in the semifinal game if both teams played like they did in the semis EGF will win without a doubt. Warroads goalie looked very shakey at many different points in the TRF game but only having 13 shots doesnt exactly show very much.

EGF 4
WAR 1
with a egf empty netter

mn miracle man

Post by mn miracle man » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:41 pm

25 sheet power wrote:

Prediction:
Warroad 3
EGF 2
Thats not Luck. Warroad 0 EGF 5
Care to elaborate? If Warroad has been so good there then why the change of heart by choosing a Green Wave blowout?

Bauer Hockey

Post by Bauer Hockey » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:54 pm

Can we get the link

25 sheet power

Post by 25 sheet power » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:40 pm

RG_hockey wrote:With the way EGF has been playing and the way that warroad played in the semifinal game if both teams played like they did in the semis EGF will win without a doubt. Warroads goalie looked very shakey at many different points in the TRF game but only having 13 shots doesnt exactly show very much.

EGF 4
WAR 1
with a egf empty netter
I don't understand? warroad player the much better team and gave up only 13 shots? I thought they played lock down D.

Red Ice

Post by Red Ice » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:11 pm

DekeDangler wrote:
moose jaw wrote:If he's cutting to the net with the puck Absolutely!clear enough for you,not sure what candy --- league you played in.
Thank you. Your response speaks volumes about you as an individual. I can see that we are waisting our time on you, being that you have clearly identified yourself as being from the Goon league. No respectable, well coached player will make a hit of that intensity. No experienced, respectable and moral coach will let such a hit happen without adressing it and make it a teaching moment.

Didn't even see the hit but even my little sister would never say something like this. Maybe you played ringette growing up? You want to hit a guy hard coming down the slot so next time he will think twice. Sucks an impotrtant guy got hurt in a big game. Stuff happens. Geez I bet the kid that got hurt is blaming himself more than the player that hit him.

DekeDangler

Post by DekeDangler » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:22 pm

[quote="Red Ice"][quote="DekeDangler"][quote="moose jaw"]If he's cutting to the net with the puck Absolutely!clear enough for you,not sure what candy --- league you played in.[/quote]

Thank you. Your response speaks volumes about you as an individual. I can see that we are waisting our time on you, being that you have clearly identified yourself as being from the Goon league. [b] No respectable, well coached player will make a hit of that intensity. [/b] No experienced, respectable and moral coach will let such a hit happen without adressing it and make it a teaching moment.[/quote]

Didn't even see the hit but even my little sister would never say something like this. Maybe you played ringette growing up? You want to hit a guy hard coming down the slot so next time he will think twice. Sucks an impotrtant guy got hurt in a big game. Stuff happens. Geez I bet the kid that got hurt is blaming himself more than the player that hit him.[/quote]

You didn't even see the hit? Well, I can't see how you can even provide any realistic insight to this specific topic. This isn't a general topic. It is in regard to a specific type of hit. By the way, is that where you get your information from, your little sister? It's time to grow up little boy and reallize that there's more to hockey than being a goon. Yes, hockey is physical and there are going to be big hits. Yes, the slot is a dangerous area. Yes, players CAN control the intensity of their hits to protect a player from the other team. It's called Respect and Good Sportsmanship. Also, you seem to be well versed in Ringette. What position did you play?

Red Ice

Post by Red Ice » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:32 pm

Deke you are supposed to say Bazinga! at the end of your statement.

Air Force 1

Post by Air Force 1 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:12 pm

The Section 8A All-Section team that was released yesterday. The players were selected on a vote from the Section Coaches

Goalie:
Tanner Holmes (Jr) Thief River Falls
Tanner Lindstrom (Sr) East Grand Forks
Kyle Olson (Sr) Lake of the Woods

Defense:
Ryan Bittner (Sr) Crookston
Chris Forney (Sr) Thief River Falls
Colton Poolman (Jr) East Grand Forks
Eddie Eades (Jr) East Grand Forks
Nick Jaycox (Jr) Warroad
Adam Pancoast (Jr) Thief River Falls

Forwards:
Tommy Hajicek (Sr) East Grand Forks
Logan Engelstad (Sr)Thief River Falls
Jared Bethune (Soph) Warroad
Ryan Edevold (Sr) Crookston
Dixon Bowen (Soph) East Grand Forks
Brady Heppner (Jr) Crookston
Isak Bergland (Jr) Thief River Falls
Kobe Roth (Soph) Warroad
Kolton Aubol (Sr) East Grand Forks

Coach of the Year: Tyler Palmiscno East Grand Forks
Assistant Coach of the Year: Scott Oliver East Grand Forks

Congratulations to all players and coaches!