Outdoor Game

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

BodyShots

Outdoor Game

Post by BodyShots » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:39 am

Why would the Gophers agree to a conference game outdoors? I think they just threw away any chance that they had for the WCHA regular season championship.

Lets face it. There is a reason the Badgers are 3-0 in outdoor games. The outdoor ice takes away any speed or creativity that the better teams possess. This game was very similar to the BSM vs GR game.

mulefarm

Re: Outdoor Game

Post by mulefarm » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:14 am

BodyShots wrote:Why would the Gophers agree to a conference game outdoors? I think they just threw away any chance that they had for the WCHA regular season championship.

Lets face it. There is a reason the Badgers are 3-0 in outdoor games. The outdoor ice takes away any speed or creativity that the better teams possess. This game was very similar to the BSM vs GR game.
Pretty simple-$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

JSR

Re: Outdoor Game

Post by JSR » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:32 pm

BodyShots wrote:Why would the Gophers agree to a conference game outdoors? I think they just threw away any chance that they had for the WCHA regular season championship.

LOL... what a homer you are... these set ups are decided long in advance, usually a couple of years ahead of time and at worst atleast one year ahead, long before teams know what type of team they really have. The Badgers are a year in and year out top end D1 team with as much talent in any given year as anyone in the country, it's beyond idiotic to believe the Badgers want an outdoor game because they don't think they can compete otherwise, seriously that might be the dumbest thing I have read on here in a long time