Housley commentating again?

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Nostalgic Nerd

Housley commentating again?

Post by Nostalgic Nerd »

If so, gotta have the annual goofs. :oops: :lol:
I can splash in the rink puddles!
clojacks1

Post by clojacks1 »

Who is the brutal guy with the little round glasses for the past 30 years that has been on the broadcast team and who does he have pictures of??
clojacks1

Post by clojacks1 »

Just saw him...Mike McGraw... How is he picked every year to do this broadcast??
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

clojacks1 wrote:Just saw him...Mike McGraw... How is he picked every year to do this broadcast??
He is the worst..hands down!

One of these years Stillwater is gonna get in so we don't have to listen to Phil do the commentary. Oh wait, NO ONE is gonna get past HM. Ever.
SEMNHOCKEYFAN

Post by SEMNHOCKEYFAN »

While showing the graphic for breck high school - which est 1886
"you see theyve been around since 1986 thats along time"
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

The whole group for the most part is brutal, the Bloomington kid(??) is okay.
stmartin123

Post by stmartin123 »

SEMNHOCKEYFAN wrote:While showing the graphic for breck high school - which est 1886
"you see theyve been around since 1986 thats along time"
Don't hate STA. I wouldn't want to lose either.
Ogie

Post by Ogie »

Just thank your lucky stars Paul Allen isn't involved. :lol:
Buy ya a soda after the game!
Nostalgic Nerd

Post by Nostalgic Nerd »

I liked in the first game when Phil said "yanno". :lol:
I can splash in the rink puddles!
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

Ogie wrote:Just thank your lucky stars Paul Allen isn't involved. :lol:
Or Gorg, LaPanta or that goofball who does the U...
Ogie

Post by Ogie »

I like LaPanta...Allen, not at all.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Gorg is the man. Knows his hockey well. Takes a lot of pride in his job. Good Goalie for Burnsville in the 80s too.
celly93

Post by celly93 »

Anyone know when 45's contract is up?
paulsonj72

Post by paulsonj72 »

celly93 wrote:Anyone know when 45's contract is up?
2021. And being the only true independent station in the twin cities makes it easier for them to do tournaments. I truly believe the days of network stations pre-empting regular programs for tourneys is over. And besides the MSHSL noe bundles all tournament TV rights into deal. Much easier than negotiating deals for each individual sport
celly93

Post by celly93 »

paulsonj72 wrote:2021. And being the only true independent station in the twin cities makes it easier for them to do tournaments. I truly believe the days of network stations pre-empting regular programs for tourneys is over. And besides the MSHSL noe bundles all tournament TV rights into deal. Much easier than negotiating deals for each individual sport
Yeah, I understand that 45 is probably the best option for the MSHSL, but it's definitely not for viewers. Oh well.
CitiesSpudsGuy

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy »

Ogie wrote:Just thank your lucky stars Paul Allen isn't involved. :lol:
:lol: Paul Allen could never call a hockey game. I'm sure with his ego, he thinks he could though. He knows even less about hockey than he does about football. He should stay right where he is - on the radio. He has the perfect face for it.
50+ years of Spuds Hockey
north_bear

Post by north_bear »

I love listening to P.A. announce the Vikings games, if the tv and his broadcast were matched up I'd definitely mute the tv and turn on the radio. He is electric and doesn't sugar coat things.
Thunderhawk Fanatic!!
Tenoverpar

f

Post by Tenoverpar »

At least Housley knows he's going to state every year...regardless of his teams performance on the ice
Ogie

Post by Ogie »

north_bear wrote:I love listening to P.A. announce the Vikings games, if the tv and his broadcast were matched up I'd definitely mute the tv and turn on the radio. He is electric and doesn't sugar coat things.
He's an overbearing loudmouth homer, who talks about players as though they're all his drinking buddies....You want to root for a team, buy a ticket.

And for years I thought Ken Harrelson was the most horrible PBP guy on the planet.

God, how I miss guys like Al Shaver and Ray Scott.
joris016

Post by joris016 »

Ogie wrote:
north_bear wrote:I love listening to P.A. announce the Vikings games, if the tv and his broadcast were matched up I'd definitely mute the tv and turn on the radio. He is electric and doesn't sugar coat things.
He's an overbearing loudmouth homer, who talks about players as though they're all his drinking buddies....You want to root for a team, buy a ticket.

And for years I thought Ken Harrelson was the most horrible PBP guy on the planet.

Paul Allen broadcasts for VIKINGS fans on a Minnesota radio station!! By definition alone, he is a homer and is supposed to be! Do you watch twins games on FSN North hoping Bert will talk about how he hopes the Yankees beat the twins or hopes that it will be a good game? NO! Because they broadcast FOR Minnesota teams. And by the way Paul Allen does a very nice job, I suggest if you want unbiased Paul Allen then go to Cantebury and watch the horse races.
GopherRock

Post by GopherRock »

Ogie wrote:

The hockey guys (except LaPanta and Matvick for the tournament) are the only good PBP guys in this town. It's a sad state of affairs when Mike Grimm is an upgrade for both football and basketball.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

celly93 wrote:
paulsonj72 wrote:2021. And being the only true independent station in the twin cities makes it easier for them to do tournaments. I truly believe the days of network stations pre-empting regular programs for tourneys is over. And besides the MSHSL noe bundles all tournament TV rights into deal. Much easier than negotiating deals for each individual sport
Yeah, I understand that 45 is probably the best option for the MSHSL, but it's definitely not for viewers. Oh well.
Very low grade coverage! There used to be a time when you'd almost look forward to the stories (school videos etc) as much as the Hockey.

The "this is our time" channel is a disgrace to what it once was.
jeffpv

Post by jeffpv »

I do wish they would vary the theme music a bit; that song they play over and over sounds like a second-rate Maroon 5 cover (and THAT'S saying something).

Perhaps throw in a little "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" as an homage to Housley's announcing skills?
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Dan Terhaar instead of Clay Matvick for AA? I've never been a fan of Terhaar, but I'd still consider it an upgrade at least.
SEMNHOCKEYFAN

Post by SEMNHOCKEYFAN »

Doc Holliday wrote:Dan Terhaar instead of Clay Matvick for AA? I've never been a fan of Terhaar, but I'd still consider it an upgrade at least.
Who is he??? Im kind of bummed because over the past few years i think Matvicks kind of turned into "the voice of the tourney" regarding great tournament moments