2013 A.P. All State Teams

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

north_bear

2013 A.P. All State Teams

Post by north_bear » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:04 am

Players were selected from a statewide vote from choosen media members.

Player of the Year: Grant Besse, BSM

1st Team
F Grant Besse, BSM
F Zach Lavalle, Hill Murray
F Zach Glienke, Eagan
D Jake Bischoff, Grand Rapids
D Tommy Vannelli, Minnetonka
G David Zevnik, St. Thomas Academy

2nd Team
F Connor Hurley, Edina
F Max Coatta, Minnetonka
F Matt Colford, Breck
D Teemu Kivihalme, Burnsville
D Meirs Moore, Duluth East
G John Dugas, Hill Murray

3rd Team
F Chris Benson, Hermantown
F T.J. Roo, Totino Grace
F Adam Johnson, Hibbing/Chisholm
D Parker Reno, Edina
D Jack Dougherty, St. Thomas Academy
G Adam Smith, Hermantown

Congrats to all the selected players! I think this is a very good list representing some of the best talent in the state. Too bad they can't play a few games with this roster. 8)
Thunderhawk Fanatic!!

northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:36 am

How did Avery Peterson not make the list? Only carried that Rapids team all season! Good thing there are no politics in hockey.... :D :D :D

InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:41 am

northwoods oldtimer wrote:How did Avery Peterson not make the list? Only carried that Rapids team all season! Good thing there are no politics in hockey.... :D :D :D
Who would you take off the list for forwards?

northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:52 am

InYourFace09 wrote:
northwoods oldtimer wrote:How did Avery Peterson not make the list? Only carried that Rapids team all season! Good thing there are no politics in hockey.... :D :D :D
F Connor Hurley, Edina
F Matt Colford, Breck
F Max Coatta, Minnetonka

He is better than all 3.

InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:05 am

northwoods oldtimer wrote:
InYourFace09 wrote:
F Connor Hurley, Edina
F Matt Colford, Breck
F Max Coatta, Minnetonka

He is better than all 3.
Clearly better than Hurley, who is only ranked top 35 in this years draft! :lol:

DubCHAGuy

Post by DubCHAGuy » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:13 am

InYourFace09 wrote:
F Connor Hurley, Edina
F Matt Colford, Breck
F Max Coatta, Minnetonka

He is better than all 3.
[-(

Nobodyonya

Re: 2013 A.P. All State Teams

Post by Nobodyonya » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:24 am

north_bear wrote:Players were selected from a statewide vote from choosen media members.

1st Team
F Grant Besse, BSM
F Zach Glienke, Eagan

2nd Team
F Connor Hurley, Edina
F Max Coatta, Minnetonka
F Matt Colford, Breck

3rd Team
F T.J. Roo, Totino Grace
D Parker Reno, Edina
G Adam Smith, Hermantown

Congrats to all the selected players! I think this is a very good list representing some of the best talent in the state. Too bad they can't play a few games with this roster. 8)
Comparing season schedules the toughness that 1 team plays and the other does not Avery could of definitely made the 3rd team

InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:37 am

And good thing there is no politics as for Bischoff making it on 1st team D also missing half of the season.

northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:06 am

InYourFace09 wrote:

And good thing there is no politics as for Bischoff making it on 1st team D also missing half of the season.
Hurley is the benefactor of the Edina PR machine and that is that. Same one Lou Nanne used to turn the game into girls hockey.

Has no business being on the list but being a golden gopher gets you clout in this state which puts the list in question. That is my opinion! :wink:

bemused

Post by bemused » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:47 am

InYourFace09 wrote:

Hurley is the benefactor of the Edina PR machine and that is that. Same one Lou Nanne used to turn the game into girls hockey.

Has no business being on the list but being a golden gopher gets you clout in this state which puts the list in question. That is my opinion! :wink:
Ya think? i don't see "i don't care who his Dad is he's good"
Jack Ramsey on these teams..and he has already gotten his ticket to Lucialand...

nahc

Post by nahc » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:56 am

Anthony Walsh from Edina is one heck of a forward.........would place him ahead of a lot of the forwards listed...........but just my opinion

GPGT

Re: 2013 A.P. All State Teams

Post by GPGT » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:11 am

north_bear wrote:Players were selected from a statewide vote from choosen media members.

1st Team
F Grant Besse, BSM
F Zach Glienke, Eagan

2nd Team
F Connor Hurley, Edina
F Max Coatta, Minnetonka
F Matt Colford, Breck

3rd Team
F T.J. Roo, Totino Grace
D Parker Reno, Edina
G Adam Smith, Hermantown

Well there ya go privates, theres your recruiting list for next year ;)

Wow, would that be a fun team to watch!! Could only imagine the dominance if they were to practice all summer then play Shattucks schedule, Of could we cant forget the "4th" line with Avery Peterson :) Who else would fill up the 4th line in your opinions?

EHSHack

Post by EHSHack » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:30 am

Meirs should have won the Defensemen of the year award and he should have been first team on this list. Bischoff (nothing against him) never impressed at all this year. Plus he was gone for half of it! Im sure he is a fine defenseman if the Gophers are picking him up but there are more deserving kids for these awards.
Go Hounds.

O-townClown

Post by O-townClown » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:03 pm

Oldtimer:

When I looked at this list I never thought, "yeah, let's get rid of the top Forward for the team that just won it all."

Grand Rapids had a very nice season. So did Edina and I don't think that happens without some players worthy of post-season accolades.
Be kind. Rewind.

north_bear

Post by north_bear » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:40 pm

I was a little suprised Avery didn't make the cut, but there are so many good players out there, not everyone can make it.

As for a "4th" line, maybe:
F A. Peterson
F L. Debenedet
F D. Labosky
D D. Dincau
D J. Zeleznikar
G Z. Driscoll
Thunderhawk Fanatic!!

mnmouth

Post by mnmouth » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:29 pm

EHSHack wrote:Meirs should have won the Defensemen of the year award and he should have been first team on this list. Bischoff (nothing against him) never impressed at all this year. Plus he was gone for half of it! Im sure he is a fine defenseman if the Gophers are picking him up but there are more deserving kids for these awards.
Agree. Moore clearly more dangerous, with greater presence and he was so all season.

hshckylvr

Post by hshckylvr » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:33 pm

north_bear wrote:I was a little suprised Avery didn't make the cut, but there are so many good players out there, not everyone can make it.

F A. Peterson
F L. Debenedet
F D. Labosky
D D. Dincau
D J. Zeleznikar
G Z. Driscoll
What, no love for Shepard north_bear? Surprised not to see him, Parker, Stumpf, or Denfeld's Thompson. Like Driscoll, these goalies were difference makers most of the season for their respective teams.

north_bear

Post by north_bear » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:08 pm

Oh no I got lots of love for Sheppard, he is a stud! I just didn't wanna upset anybody from the south with a mostly northern team haha.
Thunderhawk Fanatic!!

meridian90

Post by meridian90 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:25 pm

north_bear wrote:I was a little suprised Avery didn't make the cut, but there are so many good players out there, not everyone can make it.

F A. Peterson
F L. Debenedet
F D. Labosky
D D. Dincau
D J. Zeleznikar
G Z. Driscoll
Any discussion of a "4th line" should probably include wahlin and malmquist.

BodyShots

Post by BodyShots » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:14 am

EHSHack wrote:Meirs should have won the Defensemen of the year award and he should have been first team on this list. Bischoff (nothing against him) never impressed at all this year. Plus he was gone for half of it! Im sure he is a fine defenseman if the Gophers are picking him up but there are more deserving kids for these awards.
I never saw Edina play before the state tournament, but in the three tournament games that I saw Parker Reno, he was the most dominate player on the ice. He controlled everything when he was out there. Offensive rushes, defensive shut downs. If his season was anything like this, he should have been on the AP 1st team, and possibly even MR. HOCKEY. I wish the Gopher's would have gotten him.

observer

Post by observer » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:53 am

I never saw Edina play before the state tournament, but in the three tournament games that I saw Parker Reno, he was the most dominate player on the ice. He controlled everything when he was out there. Offensive rushes, defensive shut downs. If his season was anything like this, he should have been on the AP 1st team, and possibly even MR. HOCKEY. I wish the Gopher's would have gotten him.
I did watch Edina and didn't see any of that.

starmvp

Post by starmvp » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:30 am

BodyShots wrote:
I might have to disagree with you on this one

Mailman

Post by Mailman » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:35 am

observer wrote:
I did watch Edina and didn't see any of that.
Me neither.

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:43 am

BodyShots wrote:
Parker Reno was best dman in the state this year OTHER than Tommy Vannelli. Have to agree strongly with you on this. Kid can skate and does everything right in his own zone. RPI got a steal with this kid.

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:45 am

InYourFace09 wrote:
F Connor Hurley, Edina
F Matt Colford, Breck
F Max Coatta, Minnetonka

He is better than all 3.
I would take Avery Peterson over Coatta, and Colford. Not Hurley. Although, Hurley for all the incredible physical gifts he possesses, needs to be on the scoresheet more IMHO.