Gophers Womens Hockey team back to back and undefeated

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

greybeard58

Gophers Womens Hockey team back to back and undefeated

Post by greybeard58 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:12 pm

Conflagrations to the Gophers Women's hockey team on winning back to back NCAA Championships and also going undefeated the entire season.

BodyShots

Post by BodyShots » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:38 am

Congrats Gopher Women. I watched the 2nd and 3rd period on the internete yesterday and was impressed with how well they skated and moved the puck. Now lets see if we can double up with the men.

Defensive Zone

Post by Defensive Zone » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:54 pm

Congratulations to the U of M Women's Hockey Team! What a season! All capped off with the National Championship win. I wish I only could have seen it. My guess, many people are thinking the same way. My question is how can we have high school sports on TV (which is great), but we cannot not have the National Championship Hockey Game on TV? Not a very good decision by the NCAA and/or the University. Congratulations once again!

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:08 pm

Incredible run. Awesome. Something we will probably never see again.

C-dad

Post by C-dad » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:21 am

Defensive Zone wrote:Congratulations to the U of M Women's Hockey Team! What a season! All capped off with the National Championship win. I wish I only could have seen it. My guess, many people are thinking the same way. My question is how can we have high school sports on TV (which is great), but we cannot not have the National Championship Hockey Game on TV? Not a very good decision by the NCAA and/or the University. Congratulations once again!
It was the NCAA, not the U. NCAA had set the rights with on-line only. the Big 10 network tried to get rights to carry the final but it was not possible contractually.

mulefarm

Post by mulefarm » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:13 pm

Glad the NCAA puts the student athletes before the almighty dollar!

Defensive Zone

Post by Defensive Zone » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:35 pm

C-dad wrote:
Defensive Zone wrote:Congratulations to the U of M Women's Hockey Team! What a season! All capped off with the National Championship win. I wish I only could have seen it. My guess, many people are thinking the same way. My question is how can we have high school sports on TV (which is great), but we cannot not have the National Championship Hockey Game on TV? Not a very good decision by the NCAA and/or the University. Congratulations once again!
It was the NCAA, not the U. NCAA had set the rights with on-line only. the Big 10 network tried to get rights to carry the final but it was not possible contractually.
Thanks for the info. As for the NCAA, you can't fix stupid!