Reebok HP 17 Final Rosters

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

RRubberbeeskit

Reebok HP 17 Final Rosters

Post by RRubberbeeskit »

Does anyone have the Sec. 6 roster for the HP 17 tryouts that concluded today? I would appreciate it if someone would post it along with any other final Section rosters.

Thanks!
RUKidding

Post by RUKidding »

ONLY QUESTION...
How did Jack Walker make it back into the mix???

Boys 17 Section 2A-2AA (ORANGE)
FIRST LAST POS. SCHOOL
2 Will LeNeave D Orono Varsity
15 Tyler Nanne D Edina Varsity
17 Dylan Weigel D Burnsville Varsity
38 Ryan Gazich D Holy Angels Varsity
40 Tyler Lindstrom D Breck Varsity
41 Jack Walker D Edina

6 Michael Orke F Breck Varsity
9 Parker Mismash F Edina JV
18 Mark Lyman F Blake Varsity
19 Gavin Payne F Orono Varsity
21 Dylan Malmquist F Edina Varsity
23 Jack Murphy F Prior Lake Varsity
24 Mark Sharp F Breck Varsity
31 Joey Luedtke F Orono Varsity
33 Miguel Fidler F Edina Varsity
34 Cole Borchardt F Burnsville Varsity
46 Cullen Munson F Edina Varsity
47 Anthony Rikberg F Burnsville Varsity
64 Dyllan Lubesmyr G Burnsville JV
66 Erik Anderson G Chanhassen Varsity
buttend

Post by buttend »

RUKidding wrote:ONLY QUESTION...

FIRST LAST POS. SCHOOL
41 Jack Walker D Edina

What HS coach selected him?
I thought you had to play in the section where you go to school, Does Walker go to school in Section 2?
Isnt WHL considered Pro by the NCAA?
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

buttend wrote:Isnt WHL considered Pro by the NCAA?
Yes, but that has no bearing on this program.

According to the NCAA, if you're playing in a league/event where players are paid to play, you're officially a pro and are ineligible. In events like this, nobody is paid to play, so each individual's status is irrelevant. The same goes for the WJC, the U18, Junior A leagues, the USHL, or the Olympics.
Mailman

Post by Mailman »

Well, as usual, looks like a few national camp "spots" can be scratched from the "spot open" list already.... :P
Mailman

Post by Mailman »

buttend wrote:
RUKidding wrote:ONLY QUESTION...

FIRST LAST POS. SCHOOL
41 Jack Walker D Edina

What HS coach selected him?
I thought you had to play in the section where you go to school, Does Walker go to school in Section 2?
Isnt WHL considered Pro by the NCAA?
Wow......seems like he wants his cake and eat it too.

Doesn't seem right, program seems to get more sketchy each year.
preferhockey

Post by preferhockey »

Definitely not right, why would MN hockey allow this? Players for tryouts per MN hockey are nominated by HS coach.
CasseauCougar

Post by CasseauCougar »

preferhockey wrote:Definitely not right, why would MN hockey allow this? Players for tryouts per MN hockey are nominated by HS coach.
I know if I was a defenseman from Edina, let alone Section 2, I'd be pretty PO'd. Wonder what Giles thinks of it. BTW, wonder how that 'growth spurt' is coming?

:roll:
Mailman

Post by Mailman »

CasseauCougar wrote:
preferhockey wrote:Definitely not right, why would MN hockey allow this? Players for tryouts per MN hockey are nominated by HS coach.
I know if I was a defenseman from Edina, let alone Section 2, I'd be pretty PO'd. Wonder what Giles thinks of it. BTW, wonder how that 'growth spurt' is coming?

:roll:
I'd make that statewide; you just know he's going to the national camp too, so there's one spot already unavailable to any other d in the state, for that and the 54.
Lazy Scout

Post by Lazy Scout »

I don't see how Minnesota Hockey can allow a player who is considered semi-pro and gets paid to play hockey participate in this. This does get sketchier by the minute. I suppose if he is willing to pay the fee they will take him, or maybe Minnesota hockey is paying him to participate! :wink:
Lazy Scout

Post by Lazy Scout »

Minnesota high performance states that it is for high school eligible players. Since when are WHL players eligible for high school teams?
agreatdayforhockey

Post by agreatdayforhockey »

Jack is a great player, and if we want Minnesota's best to be represented in New York at National Camp, why wouldn't we allow him to do this?
Mailman

Post by Mailman »

agreatdayforhockey wrote:Jack is a great player, and if we want Minnesota's best to be represented in New York at National Camp, why wouldn't we allow him to do this?

I'm still trying to figure out how his hs coach nominated him for tryout, per the written rules, since he didn't go to any Mn high school last year, nor play in any section.

Would seem difficult to even have a hs coach in such a case.
rockcrusher

Post by rockcrusher »

Because he doesn't PLAY in Minnesota anymore. I would imagine Keegsn Iverson and Paul Bittner will also take spots as well. How about the 2 Dmen from Benilde at NDTP, will they take up 2 more spots? This isn't right.
agreatdayforhockey

Post by agreatdayforhockey »

We forget that this is an opportunity to move on and play in the Ivan Hlinka tournament in front of tons of scouts in August. Even for a kid that played in the WHL last season that is a great opportunity.
Mailman

Post by Mailman »

agreatdayforhockey wrote:We forget that this is an opportunity to move on and play in the Ivan Hlinka tournament in front of tons of scouts in August. Even for a kid that played in the WHL last season that is a great opportunity.
Fine. Then he can go with an WHL alloted format, team, whatever.

I see no mention of the tournament in the USA stated purpose of the 16/17 program.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

My guess is USA hockey is throwing their weight around because they want the best players attending their camps. I doubt in reality they really care about Mn Hs hockey.
Mailman

Post by Mailman »

mulefarm wrote:My guess is USA hockey is throwing their weight around because they want the best players attending their camps. I doubt in reality they really care about Mn Hs hockey.
Nope, but I bet they love all the USA hockey subsidies, er, registration, etc. fees.... :P
RRubberbeeskit

Re: Reebok HP 17 Final Rosters

Post by RRubberbeeskit »

RRubberbeeskit wrote:Does anyone have the Sec. 6 roster for the HP 17 tryouts that concluded today? I would appreciate it if someone would post it along with any other final Section rosters.

Thanks!
I understand that JW is one hell of a player after seeing him play many times.
I really do find it more than out of line that USA H would welcome back a player with open arms after leaving for a Canadian hockey league. I actually thought WHAT why is his name listed.

Maybe we need to start another thread following up on what has been started here.

Now once again does anyone have the Section 6 Roster for HP 17?

Thanks!
RRubberbeeskit

Re: Reebok HP 17 Final Rosters

Post by RRubberbeeskit »

RRubberbeeskit wrote:Does anyone have the Sec. 6 roster for the HP 17 tryouts that concluded today? I would appreciate it if someone would post it along with any other final Section rosters.

Thanks!
I understand that JW is one hell of a player after seeing him play many times.
I really do find it more than out of line that USA H would welcome back a player with open arms after leaving for a Canadian hockey league. I actually thought WHAT why is his name listed.

Maybe we need to start another thread following up on what has been started here.

Now once again does anyone have the Section 6 Roster for HP 17?

Thanks!
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

CHL kid on a high school section(s) team? THIS-MAKES-NO-SENSE!

Hey kids, might as well head up to Canada since you can have the best of all worlds....

Was the Baer fiasco a staged hanging?

This might take the cake in a year of disgraces for Minnesota Hockey.

:shock:
Shinbone_News

Post by Shinbone_News »

I don't have a dog in this fight, but it is interesting that NTDP seems to be very anti-WHL -- remember, any player who is in NTDP and leaves early is on the hook for $50K. I've been told that's primarily a disincentive to leave for Canadian juniors, and Canadian junior teams that are serious about poaching from the NTDP will and do happily cover the cost (but they have to be pretty serious, because that's a lot of $$$).

Now, maybe hauling a WHL player back into the fold is simply fighting fire with fire, and USA Hockey trying to win him back. Who knows, maybe the kid feels like he made a mistake and wants to go back to the HS or NTDP path????

It is surprising that he'd be eligible though, given the firewall USA Hockey and the NCAA (and now the MN Coaches League) have put up between themselves and the Canadian major juniors.
youwannaknowme

Post by youwannaknowme »

I could care less about JW whether he plays or not. The HP program is primarliy used to identify players who will be potential players on the U20 World Junior team. This years team had 9 players on it that play in CHL. It really doesn't matter where you play.
Mailman

Post by Mailman »

youwannaknowme wrote:I could care less about JW whether he plays or not. The HP program is primarliy used to identify players who will be potential players on the U20 World Junior team. This years team had 9 players on it that play in CHL. It really doesn't matter where you play.
Then why the (supposed) requirement that one has to be nominated by their hs coach to try out ?

Obviously, any hs age kid playing in the CHL fails to meet that requirement.

And again, I fail to see anywhere in the stated purpose, found front and center on the HP 16/17 website, any mention of it being used "primarily to identify players.....the U20 WJ team."

What age are those nine players you mention ?
Last edited by Mailman on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mailman

Post by Mailman »

Shinbone_News wrote:I don't have a dog in this fight, but it is interesting that NTDP seems to be very anti-WHL -- remember, any player who is in NTDP and leaves early is on the hook for $50K. I've been told that's primarily a disincentive to leave for Canadian juniors, and Canadian junior teams that are serious about poaching from the NTDP will and do happily cover the cost (but they have to be pretty serious, because that's a lot of $$$).

Now, maybe hauling a WHL player back into the fold is simply fighting fire with fire, and USA Hockey trying to win him back. Who knows, maybe the kid feels like he made a mistake and wants to go back to the HS or NTDP path????

It is surprising that he'd be eligible though, given the firewall USA Hockey and the NCAA (and now the MN Coaches League) have put up between themselves and the Canadian major juniors.
He is ineligible to go back to the hs route.

Well, at least according to the rules, but every day, we see more and more how much they mean.

He made his bed.