College Players Going Pro

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Post Reply
mulefarm
Posts: 1669
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:01 am

College Players Going Pro

Post by mulefarm » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:15 pm

Just see Anders Lee signed and may make NHL debut tomorrow night.

Sats81
Posts: 2734
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Post by Sats81 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:23 pm

Well deserved.

How soon do we see Bjugstad in Florida?

OldTimePuck00
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:24 am
Location: Minneapolis

Post by OldTimePuck00 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:21 am

Sustr from Omaha signed with Tampa.

nickel slots
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:24 am
Location: Northern Southern Minnesota

Post by nickel slots » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:55 pm

Schmidt with the Capitals (see link) and Budish with the Predators (through grapevine).
http://www.dcprosportsreport.com/washin ... moves.html
Don't sweat the small stuff.
It's all small stuff.

OldTimePuck00
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:24 am
Location: Minneapolis

Post by OldTimePuck00 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:13 pm


mulefarm
Posts: 1669
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:01 am

Post by mulefarm » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:29 am

Anders Lee scored a goal in 1st nhl game tonight.

OldTimePuck00
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:24 am
Location: Minneapolis

Post by OldTimePuck00 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:43 pm

Budish & Bjugstad both go today. Gotta wonder about Haula, but both Houston & the Wild are sooo full.

Tigers33
Posts: 877
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:06 am

Post by Tigers33 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:29 am

Who loses more...
Gophers: bjugstad, alt, helgy, budish, haula
Sioux: knight, kristo, macwilliams, forbort
Scsu: Leblanc, hanowski, Jensen (speculation)

That's a lot of points!!

MNHockeyFan
Posts: 6546
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:28 am

Post by MNHockeyFan » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:39 am

Tigers33 wrote:Who loses more...
Gophers: bjugstad, alt, helgy, budish, haula
Sioux: knight, kristo, macwilliams, forbort
Scsu: Leblanc, hanowski, Jensen (speculation)

That's a lot of points!!
You forgot Nate Schmidt! No question the Gophers lose the most, but they may have the best incoming class to help offset those losses.

BodyShots
Posts: 1730
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by BodyShots » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:28 pm

Tigers33 wrote:Who loses more...
Gophers: bjugstad, alt, helgy, budish, haula
Sioux: knight, kristo, macwilliams, forbort
Scsu: Leblanc, hanowski, Jensen (speculation)

That's a lot of points!!
College hockey fans......

The Exiled One
Posts: 1696
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:34 pm

Post by The Exiled One » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:42 pm

MNHockeyFan wrote:No question the Gophers lose the most.
Nope, Denver lost the most... Gwozdecky

As for Jensen, I agree he'll go pro. I think it'll be later in the year though, after the prospect camp, and with Motzko's blessing. Jensen is extraordinarily cautious with his career. He won't go pro unless he can get a tacit guarantee from Detroit that he'll start the season with the big club. He DOES NOT want to skip his senior season to play in the AHL. Some of that has to do with the advice from his former defensive partner Oliver Lauridsen. This is why I think it'll happen after the prospect camp, and I think Motzko is okay with that because he knows it's his only shot at getting him back.

JSR
Posts: 1670
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:26 pm

Post by JSR » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:19 pm

Brendan Woods announced he has signed with Carolina and is leaving Wisconsin after just 2 years....

mulefarm
Posts: 1669
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:01 am

Post by mulefarm » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:05 pm

The Exiled One wrote:
MNHockeyFan wrote:No question the Gophers lose the most.
Nope, Denver lost the most... Gwozdecky

As for Jensen, I agree he'll go pro. I think it'll be later in the year though, after the prospect camp, and with Motzko's blessing. Jensen is extraordinarily cautious with his career. He won't go pro unless he can get a tacit guarantee from Detroit that he'll start the season with the big club. He DOES NOT want to skip his senior season to play in the AHL. Some of that has to do with the advice from his former defensive partner Oliver Lauridsen. This is why I think it'll happen after the prospect camp, and I think Motzko is okay with that because he knows it's his only shot at getting him back.
Jensen will turn pro-will not get a guarantee from Detroit . May well get the max, but will be on a 2 way contract. Don't see him wanting to waste a year to get to free agency and 2nd contract, plus Detroit is week on D and he will have a good chance to be in the nhl at some point next year.

The Exiled One
Posts: 1696
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:34 pm

Post by The Exiled One » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:11 pm

mulefarm wrote:Jensen will turn pro-will not get a guarantee from Detroit . May well get the max, but will be on a 2 way contract. Don't see him wanting to waste a year to get to free agency and 2nd contract, plus Detroit is week on D and he will have a good chance to be in the nhl at some point next year.
I think we're kind of saying the same thing. I'm not saying he doesn't get a two-way contract, but I think Detroit will indicate to him that he'll get a crack at the NHL sometime very soon. Without that indication, he stays in college.

Tigers33
Posts: 877
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:06 am

Post by Tigers33 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:15 pm

After his last game he might want to stay...

Post Reply