Reebok HP 17 Final Rosters

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

GR3343

Post by GR3343 »

old goalie85 wrote:Congrats to the FL kids. Good job !! I would have thought The goalie from Rapids was a lock !!
GR goalie Hunter Shepard is on the U18 Select team
Character is who you are when no one is watching
Hockey North

Post by Hockey North »

old goalie85 wrote:Congrats to the FL kids. Good job !! I would have thought The goalie from Rapids was a lock !!
He's a 1995 birthdate
oholene

Post by oholene »

karl(east) wrote:To clear up the Walker/Baer/WHL players debate:

Per MN Hockey policy, players who made the previous year's national camp automatically make the section team the following year, as long as they show up at the tryout. Walker, obviously, showed up. Baer, for whatever reason, did not.

As they both made the national camp last year, their former HS coaches (and the MSHSL) had no input into the matter.
Karl, where is this MN Hockey policy in writing?
rockcrusher

Post by rockcrusher »

There was only 1 kid from East at tryouts. There were only 3 from Denfeld, with 1 making the team. I know there are far more 96's from both of those schools. Either their coaches did not nominate them, or they chose not to participate. I think Marshall had like 13 sophomores on the roster this past season, so they probably had a few more 96's that didn't try out either. There was only a handful of kids there from the whole Iron Range Conference, you'd think with range coaches there would have been a lot more kids from up there. With all the snow still up this way , might as well keep playing hockey. Can probably write off the high school baseball season!
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

oholene wrote:
karl(east) wrote:To clear up the Walker/Baer/WHL players debate:

Per MN Hockey policy, players who made the previous year's national camp automatically make the section team the following year, as long as they show up at the tryout. Walker, obviously, showed up. Baer, for whatever reason, did not.

As they both made the national camp last year, their former HS coaches (and the MSHSL) had no input into the matter.
Karl, where is this MN Hockey policy in writing?
I haven't seen it in writing, but I heard that from a pretty reliable source.
rockcrusher wrote:There was only 1 kid from East at tryouts. There were only 3 from Denfeld, with 1 making the team. I know there are far more 96's from both of those schools. Either their coaches did not nominate them, or they chose not to participate. I think Marshall had like 13 sophomores on the roster this past season, so they probably had a few more 96's that didn't try out either. There was only a handful of kids there from the whole Iron Range Conference, you'd think with range coaches there would have been a lot more kids from up there.
Chartier was the only 96 who saw anything resembling a regular shift on East varsity this past season. Many of their top sophomores, including the only two to play varsity, are 97s. Those two, along with a JV player, made the 97 7A/AA team.

I don't know if other schools are in similar situations, but it's odd that the Range was poorly represented. You'd think the coaches would want players to participate, even if they don't have a great shot of making the team.
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

oholene wrote:Karl, where is this MN Hockey policy in writing?
Oho, here is how that reads in our part of the country.

Only those players selected to a Select 14, 15 or 16 National Camp in the previous year will receive a direct invitation to this year's SE District tryouts. All other players MUST participate in the local Affiliate selection process.
Be kind. Rewind.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Scores, updates from the weekend..?
almostashappy

Post by almostashappy »

SuperStar wrote:Scores, updates from the weekend..?
http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/page/show/79 ... -17s-2013-