Stars and Stripes

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

helightsthelamp

Stars and Stripes

Post by helightsthelamp »

Schedules are online.

Looks like the same malarkey as other years... create as weak of a schedule as possible for the Orange teams to give them every opportunity to advance to the medal round.

At 03 level, they are in the same bracket as MG, however they don't play MG. In addition, MG plays one game cross bracket against the Blades.

Not complaining just commenting, I would prefer to play better competition, if you want to be the best you have to beat the best, cleary MM does not have the same thought process.

I wonder who Legacy will bring in now that the 03 Blades are in the tournament, as such, they will be without their Blades players...
MNM JMH

Re: Stars and Stripes

Post by MNM JMH »

helightsthelamp wrote:Schedules are online.

Looks like the same malarkey as other years... create as weak of a schedule as possible for the Orange teams to give them every opportunity to advance to the medal round.

At 03 level, they are in the same bracket as MG, however they don't play MG. In addition, MG plays one game cross bracket against the Blades.

Not complaining just commenting, I would prefer to play better competition, if you want to be the best you have to beat the best, cleary MM does not have the same thought process.

I wonder who Legacy will bring in now that the 03 Blades are in the tournament, as such, they will be without their Blades players...
Where can someone view the game schedule? Not seeing it on MN MADE web page????????????
jpiehl

Post by jpiehl »

Not sure why this complaint comes up every year at every MM tournament. Even with the disclaimer that the complaint isn't a complaint. It isn't any different than every winter tournament, the host always gives themselves what they perceive to be the easiest route to the championship game. It's the beauty of being the ones doing the brackets.
helightsthelamp

MNM JMH wrote:

Where can someone view the game schedule? Not seeing it on MN MADE web page????????????
It is on the main page lower right, not on the tournament page, looks like changes have taken place.... Looks like Legacy dropped out at 03 level, now the Blues?.... I guess since Legacy does not have their blades players they must not be able to compete????
letthemplay

Post by letthemplay »

I heard that Legacy only had 10 players that could make the tournament, it would have been their 6th tournament of the season. They were going to fill in for a team that dropped out.

helightsthelamp wrote:
MNM JMH wrote:

It is on the main page lower right, not on the tournament page, looks like changes have taken place.... Looks like Legacy dropped out at 03 level, now the Blues?.... I guess since Legacy does not have their blades players they must not be able to compete????
letthemplay

Post by letthemplay »

letthemplay wrote:I heard that Legacy only had 10 players that could make the tournament, it would have been their 6th tournament of the season. They were going to fill in for a team that dropped out.

helightsthelamp wrote:
MNM JMH wrote: Where can someone view the game schedule? Not seeing it on MN MADE web page????????????
Same guy told me that Legacy finished 2nd in a 2002 tourney in April......
gowild5555

Post by gowild5555 »

ummm
Last edited by gowild5555 on Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
imlisteningtothefnsong

Stars and Stripes

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong »

What?!? :-s
helightsthelamp

letthemplay wrote:
letthemplay wrote:I heard that Legacy only had 10 players that could make the tournament, it would have been their 6th tournament of the season. They were going to fill in for a team that dropped out.

helightsthelamp wrote: It is on the main page lower right, not on the tournament page, looks like changes have taken place.... Looks like Legacy dropped out at 03 level, now the Blues?.... I guess since Legacy does not have their blades players they must not be able to compete????
Same guy told me that Legacy finished 2nd in a 2002 tourney in April......
Only had ten players after didn't have blades players? I assume you are indicating 2nd place at the Border Battle? A quick look at the website and it appears the leading scorer for Legacy during that tournament was not an 03, but an 02 player from the 02 Red team..... maybe even a couple of other 02's?
Pylon

Post by Pylon »

Anyone have any predictions on who is going to win each division? Sorry, i am bored.
Pylon

Post by Pylon »

In the 02 division, who are the Blues?
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Machine Black.
GatorLand

Post by GatorLand »

In the 2000 level, who are Team Combat and the Blues?
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Team Combat is Billy Belmore's program.
barry_mcconnell

Post by barry_mcconnell »

I'll give it a shot.

99 - Icemen
00 - Machine
01 - Machine
02 - Machine
03 - Miracle Gold
04 - Miracle Gold
05 - Legacy

Canadians go home empty handed.
Shinbone_News

Post by Shinbone_News »

In 01, who is Northern Elite? YHH has 'em ranked 2nd overall, and I can't figure out who they are because I am an innocent babe in the summer AAA woods...
barry_mcconnell

Shinbone_News wrote:In 01, who is Northern Elite? YHH has 'em ranked 2nd overall, and I can't figure out who they are because I am an innocent babe in the summer AAA woods...
Northern Wings with a fancier name. At least that is what I've been told.
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

They changed their name to Elite...they sent in an edit to me a few weeks ago.

I'll have a full preview predictions segment coming out today.
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

Here are my picks for this weekend...I differ a bit from Barry M. I pick a couple Canucks

http://www.youthhockeyhub.com/stars-and ... edictions/

Enjoy,

TS
barry_mcconnell

Any Thursday results to post yet?
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

Machine Orange 01 won this morning 6-4...I'm headed over after lunch.
Rusty Blades

Post by Rusty Blades »

99 Team Combat over Izzy's 8-4
helightsthelamp

Xtreme 9 Miracle Gold 5

Blades 17 West Coast Supreme 1
Miracle Gold 6 Machine Black... Ummm I mean Blues 0

Icemen 8 Velocity 1 in third (not sure what the final was I didn't see the end score)
we're all crazy

Post by we're all crazy »

helightsthelamp wrote: 2003
Blades 17 West Coast Supreme 1
:shock:
Ouch. Long way to travel for that type of mismatch.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Long way to travel for a 4th grade hockey game. :roll: