Meltdown Open Starts Tonight

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

GoalieDad23

Meltdown Open Starts Tonight

Post by GoalieDad23 »

Good luck to all the teams participating!

Any speculation, updates, or analysis is appreciated.

I'll be at the U10 Miracle Gold v. Blades at the Super Rink at 5:00 pm... then I'm headed to the Bloomington Ice Gardens to check out some of the later boys games.
observer

Post by observer »

I'll be at the U10 Miracle Gold v. Blades at the Super Rink
Explain why either of these teams are in an open tournament?

1. Aren't very good teams.

2. Poor management by the team.

3. Poor management by the Tourney.

4. Unfair to true open level teams.

Finding the right level to play is hard enough without teams, and tournaments, fouling up the field with teams at the wrong level. I blame team management primarily. Supposedly hockey knowledgeable people making bad decisions makes them not very hockey knowledgeable. Tournament organizers should hold teams to the level they claim to be. Unless these two teams play open level all year they aren't open level teams. I believe teams should select a level and play there. Play at the proper birth year too. That is the way it's designed and I don't understand why adults mess it up.

Build a team by birth year and pick the appropriate level.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Open- stands for: Wide "Open" circus.

Invite- Stands for: We only want the best... If not, we'll still take your money.....

:wink:
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

MrBoDangles wrote:Open- stands for: Wide "Open" circus.

Invite- Stands for: We only want the best... If not, we'll still take your money.....

:wink:
Post of the day....thanks Bo

:lol: :lol: :lol:
HB Miracle GOLD

Post by HB Miracle GOLD »

I will comment on this so that everyone can understand this tournaments stucture. First, if you look at the girls tournament it is classified as AAA, not Invite or Open like the boys weekends. Looking at the teams playing will tell you enough about the appropriate level of competition for the programs involved. This is not an "Open" tournament like the boys even though it's held on the same weekend.
observer

Post by observer »

Thanks HB Miracle Gold.

I saw the post on the boys forum so thought it was a boys tournament.

Let's hope we can get your commitment to only sign your boys teams up for invite level tourneys. It's early in the season so don't mess it up.
HB Miracle GOLD

Post by HB Miracle GOLD »

Observer & other interested parties - I would also like to clarify that for this AAA season we will only skate as Miracle Gold. This is the name of our program and we will represent that at all times.

Please understand that we have multiple teams at several ages and have designated our teams as Miracle "Black" in the past. I felt this was not necessary to do unless we would have multiple teams playing in the same age group in the same tournament. For example - we had 4 teams playing in the Stick It To Cancer 10U tournament last weekend. In that case we designated them as Red, White, Blue and MG Futures (8U).

I have expressed this to all tournament directors so they understand who they are to expect for the 90+ tournaments the MG program is registered.

I know that in the Meltdown booklet one of our teams is listed as Miracle Black. That has created some confusion for those on the outside but the issue has been addressed.

I do not want any players from any other program to discount the fact that they played, beat or lost to a Miracle "Black" team. The kids are not the same but the prgram and all it offers to our familys is. I will stand by that with them - Win, Lose or Draw.

Again, going forward we are only skating as Miracle Gold in 2013.

www.miraclegold.org
barry_mcconnell

Post by barry_mcconnell »

HB Miracle GOLD wrote: I know that in the Meltdown booklet one of our teams is listed as Miracle Black. That has created some confusion for those on the outside but the issue has been addressed.

I do not want any players from any other program to discount the fact that they played, beat or lost to a Miracle "Black" team. The kids are not the same but the prgram and all it offers to our familys is. I will stand by that with them - Win, Lose or Draw.

www.miraclegold.org
You can call all your teams the Montreal Canadiens but that doesn't necessarily make them that. If you have multiple teams you should probably give them different names (like everyone else seems to do). This has never been an issue about standing by them when they win, lose, or draw; it's about other teams being able to tell who they are playing against.

How about something like this? Maybe this would satisfy the MG parents and the rest of us could tell who's playing.

- MIRACLE GOLD
- Miracle Gold
- miracle gold
- Miracle Au
GoalieDad23

Post by GoalieDad23 »

barry_mcconnell wrote:
HB Miracle GOLD wrote: I know that in the Meltdown booklet one of our teams is listed as Miracle Black. That has created some confusion for those on the outside but the issue has been addressed.

www.miraclegold.org
You can call all your teams the Montreal Canadiens but that doesn't necessarily make them that. If you have multiple teams you should probably give them different names (like everyone else seems to do). This has never been an issue about standing by them when they win, lose, or draw; it's about other teams being able to tell who they are playing against.

How about something like this? Maybe this would satisfy the MG parents and the rest of us could tell who's playing.

- MIRACLE GOLD
- Miracle Gold
- miracle gold
- Miracle Au
:lol:
helightsthelamp

Post by helightsthelamp »

barry_mcconnell wrote:

www.miraclegold.org

- MIRACLE GOLD
- Miracle Gold
- miracle gold
- Miracle Au
Easy, they are playing a team from the Miracle Gold Program... Does it really matter beyond that? Last summer I had an opposing coach ask me, "I thought we were playing your black team" during warm-ups as the boys were wearing gold sweaters with the MG logo on the front, it was the black team from the Miracle Gold Program... Other programs have different teams wear jersey's the color they are designated or have a completely different name (Walser).....
barry_mcconnell

Post by barry_mcconnell »

helightsthelamp wrote: Easy, they are playing a team from the Miracle Gold Program... Does it really matter beyond that? Last summer I had an opposing coach ask me, "I thought we were playing your black team" during warm-ups as the boys were wearing gold sweaters with the MG logo on the front, it was the black team from the Miracle Gold Program... Other programs have different teams wear jersey's the color they are designated or have a completely different name (Walser).....
No, it doesn't matter. Jersey colors aren't really an issue. The most important thing is to keep the people who write the checks happy.
goaliewithfoggedglasses

Post by goaliewithfoggedglasses »

HB Miracle GOLD wrote:I will comment on this so that everyone can understand this tournaments stucture. First, if you look at the girls tournament it is classified as AAA, not Invite or Open like the boys weekends. Looking at the teams playing will tell you enough about the appropriate level of competition for the programs involved. This is not an "Open" tournament like the boys even though it's held on the same weekend.
As near as I can tell you still list them seperately on the website right? There is no "Black" or "White" team at the 04 level, so I assume the Gold team listed at the 04 Open level is the same team that advanced to the semi's in the Elite level of the Chi-Town?
mackjogger

Post by mackjogger »

goaliewithfoggedglasses wrote:
HB Miracle GOLD wrote:I will comment on this so that everyone can understand this tournaments stucture. First, if you look at the girls tournament it is classified as AAA, not Invite or Open like the boys weekends. Looking at the teams playing will tell you enough about the appropriate level of competition for the programs involved. This is not an "Open" tournament like the boys even though it's held on the same weekend.
As near as I can tell you still list them seperately on the website right? There is no "Black" or "White" team at the 04 level, so I assume the Gold team listed at the 04 Open level is the same team that advanced to the semi's in the Elite level of the Chi-Town?
who gives a hoot.....its 04 hockey. Stop chasing plastic trophies and fake medals and GO PLAY HOCKEY.