Minnesota Magicians

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

MinnesotaMagicians

Minnesota Magicians

Post by MinnesotaMagicians » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:24 pm

The Minnesota Magicians play an exhibition game at Richfield Ice Arena for just 5 bucks this Saturday at 7:00.

www.magicianshockey.com

The Exiled One

Re: Minnesota Magicians

Post by The Exiled One » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:25 pm

MinnesotaMagicians wrote:The Minnesota Magicians play an exhibition game at Richfield Ice Arena for just 5 bucks this Saturday at 7:00.

www.magicianshockey.com
Wow. Bold promotion for a team who takes kids from the MSHSL.

I'm not saying you're wrong for doing so. I'm a college fan first, so I don't worry so much about kids leaving the MSHSL for juniors, but I do think you're bold for promoting yourself in a potentially hostile environment.

I also think you passed up a really solid marketing and MSHSL partnership opportunity. If you had made a public statement about NOT taking underclassmen, the MSHSL coaches would have loved you and lined up their kids to play for you. Was it really worth sacrificing this opportunity for Von Ruden? Feel free to share my message with coach Meyer, and tell him it came from a fellow SCSU grad.

Tenoverpar

f

Post by Tenoverpar » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:30 pm

Exiled One...perhaps you should confront the player who left the MSHSL instead of blaming a program for offering the oppurtunity for any player aged 16-20 to play. The kid had the choice to stay or leave.

The Exiled One

Re: f

Post by The Exiled One » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:57 pm

Tenoverpar wrote:Exiled One...perhaps you should confront the player who left the MSHSL instead of blaming a program for offering the oppurtunity for any player aged 16-20 to play. The kid had the choice to stay or leave.
I think you've misread my post. I'm not blaming the NAHL program for anything, I'm accusing them of poor marketing.

OnFrozenPond

Re: f

Post by OnFrozenPond » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:27 pm

The Exiled One wrote:
Tenoverpar wrote:Exiled One...perhaps you should confront the player who left the MSHSL instead of blaming a program for offering the oppurtunity for any player aged 16-20 to play. The kid had the choice to stay or leave.
I think you've misread my post. I'm not blaming the NAHL program for anything, I'm accusing them of poor marketing.
This really belongs in the Juniors forum rather than the HS forum.

Zamman

Post by Zamman » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:25 pm

I for one am excited about this, and I love HS hockey. I never miss the State Tournament and try to go to as many HS games as possible. Granted, I work at the Richfield Arena, but this gives hockey fans another venue to watch these players progress from HS to College.

kniven

Post by kniven » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:22 am

Zamman wrote:I for one am excited about this, and I love HS hockey. I never miss the State Tournament and try to go to as many HS games as possible. Granted, I work at the Richfield Arena, but this gives hockey fans another venue to watch these players progress from HS to College.
The Wilderness are going to beat the snot out off the magic's this year :)

The Best in the Bizz3

Re: Minnesota Magicians

Post by The Best in the Bizz3 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:11 am

The Exiled One wrote:
MinnesotaMagicians wrote:The Minnesota Magicians play an exhibition game at Richfield Ice Arena for just 5 bucks this Saturday at 7:00.

www.magicianshockey.com
Wow. Bold promotion for a team who takes kids from the MSHSL.

I'm not saying you're wrong for doing so. I'm a college fan first, so I don't worry so much about kids leaving the MSHSL for juniors, but I do think you're bold for promoting yourself in a potentially hostile environment.

I also think you passed up a really solid marketing and MSHSL partnership opportunity. If you had made a public statement about NOT taking underclassmen, the MSHSL coaches would have loved you and lined up their kids to play for you. Was it really worth sacrificing this opportunity for Von Ruden? Feel free to share my message with coach Meyer, and tell him it came from a fellow SCSU grad.

Well, if you knew all the details you would know that the northfield coaches supported his decision the whole way through and encouraged him to leave if he made the team. Now that's something you don't see often..
The best, period

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:12 pm

It would be cool to hear some updates, for those us not going...I checked the NAHL website, but the game isn't listed

MinnesotaMagicians

Post by MinnesotaMagicians » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:07 am

Magicians home opener is Saturday, September 28th at 7:05pm vs Kenai River Brown Bears (Alaska)

Please join us for the tent party from 500-930pm in the parking lot; we'll be serving beer, hot dogs, and brats.

Watch some great hockey and meet our mascot. The new light show is ready for the inaugural game; should be some great hockey and an entertaining environment!

The Richfield Mayor will be dropping the ceremonial first puck at 700pm

Where: Richfield Arena
When: Saturday, September 28th at 7:05pm

MinnesotaMagicians

Post by MinnesotaMagicians » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:11 pm

Next Home Game @ Richfield
Friday, October 11th
7:30PM
Magicians vs Wilderness

ARRIVE EARLY FOR THE BEST PARKING AND ENJOY A BEER

Last weekend the Magicians pull off an epic comeback in a Saturday night tilt vs the Minnesota Wilderness. Down 2-0 with 1 minute remaining in the game, the Magicians scored two goals in regulation and eventually won in a shootout. It was an 11 man shootout, yes 11! Cody Milligan eventually finished it off with a nice 5 hole snipe.

Richfield Arena was buzzing with excitement and the fans sure got their money's worth. It was a great Junior game crowd, around 900 fans!!

If you haven't seen a game yet you will not be disappointed; great hockey, free parking, and BEER. Live Magicians entertaining the younger crowd, 93X girls for the older fellas, and an awesome light show to start the game. You'll know when the Magic scores, the new horn is loud and makes the arena have a pro feel. It doesn't get any better!

frederick61

Post by frederick61 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:10 pm

Just posted a summary of last weeks play in the midwest division and a game story on the Magicians vs Fairbanks played last Saturday at Richfield. The crowds are getter bigger as the Magicians are getting more known. The post can be read at:

http://www.youthhockeyhub.com/ice-dogs- ... ew-tricks/