BSM vs. HF

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who Wins?

Benilde by >3 goals
27%
Benilde by < 3 goals
45%
Holy Family by >3 goals
No votes
Holy Family by < 3 goals
27%

Total votes: 22

blueblood

BSM vs. HF

Post by blueblood »

6AA matchup tonight at VRC with the Red Knights taking on the Fire.

Who ya got and by how many?
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

BSM 6-2.
Cdale

Post by Cdale »

BSM 7-4
Tenoverpar

f

Post by Tenoverpar »

BSM 7 HF 2 Shots 43-21
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Looks like this game will be on live video: http://msbnsports.net/
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

BSM 6-3 with EN
green4

Post by green4 »

4-0 in the 2nd for HF. Had 4 1st period goals
Sartellcelly

bsm live stream

Post by Sartellcelly »

what's up with the video? good audio. video image useless.
green4

Post by green4 »

6-1 after 2 with HF in the lead
30-22 for shots favoring BSM
Heimbold scored for BSM
Peterson and Dickison scored for HF
MNHockeyFan

Re: bsm live stream

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Sartellcelly wrote:what's up with the video? good audio. video image useless.
Looks very good to me, at least better than your average stream.

Newhouse scores for BSM, now 6-2 with 12 minutes left.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

7-3 final. Shots on goal favored Benilde 54-29.

P.S. Posters here were zero for 18 on the poll question!
minnscout

Post by minnscout »

Benilde in big trouble unless they can find a goalie. May have to go with 9th grader. Team has lost confidence in goalie. You put up 54 shots you should win
green4

Post by green4 »

7-3 Final as HF beats BSM
final shots were 54-29 in favor of BSM including 24 in the 3rd period alone for the Red Knights

I missed the 1st period where HF scored 4 goals but I thought the 2nd period was pretty even, maybe a slight advantage to BSM while the 3rd was BSM basically dominating.

I thought for Holy Family that Lacombe the goaltender played well and the defense did a decent job keeping Benilde's chances to the outside. Dickison I thought was very good offensively. He had 2 goals i believe and I saw him rip another off the pipe.

Benilde was unimpressive in the 2nd when I tuned in. They were sloppy with passes and looked pretty unmotivated in that period. During the 3rd they looked better but i didn't focus as much as i was also watching White bear lake vs forest lake. They seem to be a smaller team and some of the younger player seemed a little out of place in my opinion. It might have just been an off game for them so I think I need to watch them more before I make any assumptions about this team especially because im pretty bias when talking about benilde usually.
SWPrez

Post by SWPrez »

minnscout wrote:Benilde in big trouble unless they can find a goalie. May have to go with 9th grader. Team has lost confidence in goalie. You put up 54 shots you should win
That or the goalies are losing all confidence in the superstars....54 shots means little - pucks in the net are what count.

HF Goal 1 - No wing coverage weak side, no defenseman clearing in front. Goalie had little chance.

HF Goal 2 - no backcheck support or weak side defenseman. Essentially a 1 on 0 on the goalie with a nice snipe.

Bench error - too many men
Selfish/lazy neutral zone hooking penalty makes 5-3

HF Goal 3 - 5-3 penalty kill, no low coverage on back post. Easy tap in.

HF Goal 4 - 5-4 penalty kill, shot from point, double tipped by two guys that were hanging out in front with their sticks on the ice.

New goalie...

HF Goal 5 - defenseman gets walked, other defenseman backs into goalies grill. Goalie never saw wrister.

HF Goal 6 - complete meltdown allows a player to walk right down the slot where defenseman is backing into goalies grill again. Goalie never saw wrister.

I didn't catch number 7...but, I think BSM needs to either finish (at least 5 goals are needed from the superstars to win big games), or completely retool from the gambling offensive style they play to a style that is much more defensive (watch some Wayzata game footage from last year). On paper, this team has the potential of any of the teams over the last 4-5 years - but many things need to be tightened up before goalies should be cast under the bus.
Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts »

Holy cow. A big turnaround for Holy Family. BSM struggles defensively and doesn't have the power line and depth to bail them out. It's likely this bad loss knocks them out of the single digits in Karl's rankings.
green4

Post by green4 »

SWPrez wrote:
minnscout wrote:Benilde in big trouble unless they can find a goalie. May have to go with 9th grader. Team has lost confidence in goalie. You put up 54 shots you should win
That or the goalies are losing all confidence in the superstars....54 shots means little - pucks in the net are what count.

HF Goal 1 - No wing coverage weak side, no defenseman clearing in front. Goalie had little chance.

HF Goal 2 - no backcheck support or weak side defenseman. Essentially a 1 on 0 on the goalie with a nice snipe.

Bench error - too many men
Selfish/lazy neutral zone hooking penalty makes 5-3

HF Goal 3 - 5-3 penalty kill, no low coverage on back post. Easy tap in.

HF Goal 4 - 5-4 penalty kill, shot from point, double tipped by two guys that were hanging out in front with their sticks on the ice.

New goalie...

HF Goal 5 - defenseman gets walked, other defenseman backs into goalies grill. Goalie never saw wrister.

HF Goal 6 - complete meltdown allows a player to walk right down the slot where defenseman is backing into goalies grill again. Goalie never saw wrister.

I didn't catch number 7...but, I think BSM needs to either finish (at least 5 goals are needed from the superstars to win big games), or completely retool from the gambling offensive style they play to a style that is much more defensive (watch some Wayzata game footage from last year). On paper, this team has the potential of any of the teams over the last 4-5 years - but many things need to be tightened up before goalies should be cast under the bus.
I completely agree with you on this. I did not think the goaltending was that bad. I thought the defense was making it way too hard for the goaltenders. The 5th or 6th goal I was baffled where the defense went, This was the one where Peterson got a pass in the slot and was left all along to take a step in and let one rip. I think with there goalies of the past that have had more experience like Quale and Sprang they could get away with this aggressive defensemen playing like a 4th forward but now with less experienced goaltending I don't think they can play like that if they want to compete.
As for the 7th goal by Holy Family, It was probably the weakest one of the night. The goalie was screened but it was taken from all the way on the boards up on the blue line. Besides that goal there was nothing I could really complain about
C-dad

Post by C-dad »

In addition to the criticisms above, does anyone on BSM know how to backcheck? Being in the same zone as the attacker isn't enough. Further, if you decide to body someone on the attack, you better hit him solidly.
hshockeyfan8

Post by hshockeyfan8 »

Though I do agree that the defensive help was terrible, the goaltenders still have to make some big saves time to time. Long letting in 4 on 12 shots and the backup 3 on 17 is never going to result in a win. If BSM doesn't figure things out defensively or have a goalie step up, it could be a long season.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Alot of talk about BSM breakdowns......I am gonna go out on a limb here and give 'The Family' JUST a itsy, bitsy, little, tiny, tiny credit for a well battled game....HF's goaltending was very good - Defense, Forwards all played great last night.

3rd period I though they went into some sort of Defensive something or other...1 guy chase the puck and 4 stay back...I have never really liked that type of protecting the lead play - because it usually creates a ton of opportunities for the other team - which in last nights game it did for BSM in the 3rd. But great win for the Fire's program.

Lets see if they can keep the momentum..
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

Holy Family is looking a lot like a couple of other private schools that came up quick and showed up top teams.....Like CDH, BSM and AHA. They are in the upswing and the other privates with the exception of HM are on the downswing. Good for them it is their time.
C-dad

Post by C-dad »

SuperStar wrote:Alot of talk about BSM breakdowns......I am gonna go out on a limb here and give 'The Family' JUST a itsy, bitsy, little, tiny, tiny credit for a well battled game....HF's goaltending was very good - Defense, Forwards all played great last night.
Great points. I almost said something about that in my post and I should have. :oops:
SimplyPut

Post by SimplyPut »

I thought both teams played hard. i was on the edge of my seat all game and I had no connections to eaither team. just a fan. i am impressed at how hard these high school players work. today HF had uper hand. next time i can see how it could be a reversed result. fun game though.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

C-dad wrote:
SuperStar wrote:Alot of talk about BSM breakdowns......I am gonna go out on a limb here and give 'The Family' JUST a itsy, bitsy, little, tiny, tiny credit for a well battled game....HF's goaltending was very good - Defense, Forwards all played great last night.
Great points. I almost said something about that in my post and I should have. :oops:
Well I am not throwing open the Church doors and singing hallelujah just yet! But since the Turkey Trot they have gone 3-0-1 and have slapped in 27 goals in 4 games...so thats a positive sign for them.
hshockeyfan8

Post by hshockeyfan8 »

Surprised no one has mentioned how much this could mess with the Section 6 rankings, as for the first time someone other than the big 4 has a very valid argument for a top 4 seed.
FREDFLINTSTONE

Post by FREDFLINTSTONE »

hshockeyfan8 wrote:Surprised no one has mentioned how much this could mess with the Section 6 rankings, as for the first time someone other than the big 4 has a very valid argument for a top 4 seed.
I don't think it causes a mess. The only thing that was found out is that Benilde has problems after back to back 7-3 losses. That is where the mess is.