You have to be joking....

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Cdale

You have to be joking....

Post by Cdale »

Lets all just picture this tree hugging pu**y of a neighbor- http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/24 ... pot-on-ice
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Do we have any hockey lawyers out there that can help out the Conrads ??? This sucks. :evil:
SCBlueLiner

Post by SCBlueLiner »

Statement: "The rink is scaring off the wildlife"

Translation: "After 10 years of living here we are getting old and cranky. We are tired of the noise. We are just hiding behind the 'Save the Wildlife' copout because we don't like to hear the sounds of kids laughing and playing outside."

I really, really loathe people like this.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

What does the fox have to say? 8-[
JSR

Post by JSR »

wow, what a jerk.... seriously we need more of the "Conrad's" in the world and more people willing to put up rinks for the whole neighborhood, not less of them.... ugh....
dogeatdog1

Post by dogeatdog1 »

JSR wrote:wow, what a jerk.... seriously we need more of the "Conrad's" in the world and more people willing to put up rinks for the whole neighborhood, not less of them.... ugh....
The Kid was great when he said this is keeping kids off the streets/ away from drugs... He should have added and we aren't out egging and tping crabby neighbors houses... :twisted: that might get her to back down. Another sad day for normal people in the world.
Little King

POST OF THE YEAR GOES TO....

Post by Little King »

MrBoDangles wrote:What does the fox have to say? 8-[
\:D/ POST.OF.THE.YEAR. goes to BO!!!!!!!!
C-dad

Post by C-dad »

Glad I don't live in Savage. My pond rink is technically on my property though.
Cdale

Post by Cdale »

"Duck, geese, turkeys, fox -- wildlife like crazy," Lori Shippy recalled. "We haven't seen much in the winters now."

Does she normally see alot of ducks & geese on the frozen pond all winter?

"and they also worry that animals or people could get hurt there."

So she'd rather have the fox and turkeys (can be nasty) running around...wouldn't that be a safety concern for the young kids (since she's so worried about safety)?
This is nuts!

Post by This is nuts! »

Cdale wrote:"Duck, geese, turkeys, fox -- wildlife like crazy," Lori Shippy recalled. "We haven't seen much in the winters now."

So she'd rather have the fox and turkeys (can be nasty) running around...wouldn't that be a safety concern for the young kids (since she's so worried about safety)?
I wonder if she ever thought there are no turkeys, ducks, and geese anymore, because of the fox. And the fox just left cuz his belly was full... lol
B-Ville Hockey Guy

Post by B-Ville Hockey Guy »

This is nuts! wrote:
Cdale wrote:"Duck, geese, turkeys, fox -- wildlife like crazy," Lori Shippy recalled. "We haven't seen much in the winters now."

I wonder if she ever thought there are no turkeys, ducks, and geese anymore, because of the fox. And the fox just left cuz his belly was full... lol
I truly think that we should get together about 500 people at this house before Friday and have the biggest MN pond hockey game to protest this idiotic neighbor. Who's in?
Bvill hockey guy: Hey! What's all this laying around stuff? Why are you all still laying around here for?
Stork: What the hell are we supposed to do, ya moron? the rinks coming down by Friday. There's nothing to fight for anymore.
D-Day: [to Bluto] Let it go. War's over, man. Neighbor dropped the big one.
bvill hockey guy: What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
Otter: [to Boon] Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
bvill hockey guy: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...
[thinks hard of something to say]
bvill hockey guy: The tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!
Cdale

Post by Cdale »

I'm still confused about the ducks & geese comment. Do they not migrate in Savage/Prior lake? Or maybe the neighbor (this Lori Shippy gal) is off her meds?
savagegopher

Post by savagegopher »

Whats funny is when the city and DNR shut them down last year the kids moved the game down a pond with no boards and played until midnight each night during winter break, I'm assuming they will do the same this year, what's sad is a lot of nonhockey kids got to play on that rink over the years

I know there is a guy who lives down the street from the conrads and he has a rink in his backyard so ms shipply andn her wildlife will get no relief this year
savagegopher

Post by savagegopher »

Enough pressure was given to the city and conrads can keep their rink
SCBlueLiner

Post by SCBlueLiner »

A center ice salute. That is great news. Have fun boys.
Cdale

Post by Cdale »

Common sense prevails....impressive. The comments on the bottom of the news story are outstanding.