EGF at Blaine

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Winner?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:33 am

EGF
50%
Blaine
50%

Total votes: 28

TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

3-1
2 min
What is a Green Wave anyway?
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

50 sec left
Weber played outstanding
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

Final
Egf - 3
Blaine - 1

Shots

Egf 28
Blaine 30
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

TTpuckster wrote:50 sec left
Weber played outstanding
Yup.
J :D
puckbreath

Post by puckbreath »

TTpuckster wrote:Final
Egf - 3
Blaine - 1

Shots

Egf 28
Blaine 30
Boo ! :)

Thanks for the updates.
Hscout000

Post by Hscout000 »

Very even game difference was goaltending EGF's was outstanding and Blaine's goalie struggled. First time catching Blaine play this year and they look like same team as last year great team fast and skilled but lack a competent goalie to make a run. EGF has to be the favorite in class A very good team especially defensively.

Thinking Blaine might get upset in sections again unless they can figure out something in the net and get 26 and 38 under control with the penalties, both at 4 min a game from hub stats.
ted2you

East grand forks

Post by ted2you »

I guess that answers the goalie question for EGF. I never doubted EGF could play with Blaine (which is a complement to EGF) their goaltending was a question mark to me. This team is stronger this year than last where they hid weakness in the net with their dominant D.

If they do have outstanding goal tending they are truly a team nobody will want to play.
Warrior18

Post by Warrior18 »

What is blaine rated??
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

TTpuckster wrote:Final
Egf - 3
Blaine - 1

Shots

Egf 28
Blaine 30
Congrats to the Green Wave!

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Knowing small town pride and how good EGF is, I was very surprised to not see a wave of green on the visitors side. Probably their biggest non-section 8 opponent all season. It was a very good game, two very good teams. Blaine the better all around team, EGF the better defensive team.

EGF is the best defensive team I have seen play all year. Their PK is awesome, they are very aggressive, they are huge and their goalie is very aggressive. Their offense isn't the power their defense is so much of the play was in their end, but they always had a guy in the way.

Up until the middle of the third period I would've said that EGF's downside is their lack of scoring, that they would hold the best teams to a couple goals and not score, but they turned it on in the third and took advantage of the opportunities they got.

Did anyone see Blaine's goal? What happened with it and why was the whistle not blown much earlier? From where I was sitting it seemed like it should've been blown dead seconds earlier.

Very good game with two very good teams. After seeing them tonight, I would put EGF up against anyone in the state. Their defense will keep them in any game they play this year. Against a worse defense, Blaine would've had a very good game. They are very good at moving the puck on offense and moving bodies around on defense. I wouldn't count them out against any opponents this year or say that their top 3 ranking is too high. Definitely worth the drive.
Last edited by HShockeywatcher on Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

I was way off with Blaine pick, hats off to EGF.
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

It'll be interesting to see how EGF handles the back to back games with another one against Breck tomorrow. EGF continues to impress me
puckbreath

Post by puckbreath »

Two short handed egf goals.

Nice job there Blaine :roll:
puckbreath

Post by puckbreath »

HShockeywatcher wrote:Knowing small town pride and how good EGF is, I was very surprised to not see a wave of green on the visitors side. Probably their biggest non-section 8 opponent all season. It was a very good game, two very good teams. Blaine the better all around team, EGF the better defensive team.

EGF is the best defensive team I have seen play all year. Their PK is awesome, they are very aggressive, they are huge and their goalie is very aggressive. Their offense isn't the power their defense is so much of the play was in their end, but they always had a guy in the way.

Up until the middle of the third period I would've said that EGF's downside is their lack of scoring, that they would hold the best teams to a couple goals and not score, but they turned it on in the third and took advantage of the opportunities they got.

Did anyone see Blaine's goal? What happened with it and why was the whistle not blown much earlier? From where I was sitting it seemed like it should've been blown dead seconds earlier.

Very good game with two very good teams. After seeing them tonight, I would put EGF up against anyone in the state. Their defense will keep them in any game they play this year. Against a worse defense, Blaine would've had a very good game. They are very good at moving the puck on offense and moving bodies around on defense. I wouldn't count them out against any opponents this year or say that their top 3 ranking is too high. Definitely worth the drive.
Small town folks don't have the unlimited resources of you metroites. :wink:

Nor can everyone get off work.

A trip to the cities is several hundred dollars. Maybe not much to some, but for us from small towns, it is.
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

I agree with several posters on here.
Blaine has some very fast skaters.
There was several times when they almost cut around the EGF defense. Almost.
But also, when they couldn't quite make it they made nice laser passes to a player in the slot which resulted in some close in shots on weber.
But he made the saves.
For the Blaine goal, I saw it.
As I said with a post at the game, there was a shot and weber went down. Couldn't see if he had it covered, but the ref definately blew the whistle.

But right after the whistle there was a few players that ran into the goalie, and the puck went in. Again, after the whistle. The refs conferred and then gave them the goal. Kinda weird.

As far as fans go, there is no rivalry here, and it is a long trip. I was a little surprised at the lack of Blaine fans considering they were rated #1 by let's play hockey.
All said and done, and entertaining game with two different styles of play.
And, I will repeat, #38 for Blaine is a hot head.
Hscout000

Post by Hscout000 »

puckbreath wrote:Two short handed egf goals.

There were no short handed goals in the game.
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

puckbreath wrote:
HShockeywatcher wrote:Knowing small town pride and how good EGF is, I was very surprised to not see a wave of green on the visitors side. Probably their biggest non-section 8 opponent all season. It was a very good game, two very good teams. Blaine the better all around team, EGF the better defensive team.

A trip to the cities is several hundred dollars. Maybe not much to some, but for us from small towns, it is.
There's this new invention called a bus. You are able to pack more than 70 people into one of them. The school could've let out school at 1 for anyone that wanted to go and bused them down. It has little to do with money. I wasn't putting anyone down, just surprised.
TTpuckster wrote:As I said with a post at the game, there was a shot and weber went down. Couldn't see if he had it covered, but the ref definately blew the whistle.

But right after the whistle there was a few players that ran into the goalie, and the puck went in. Again, after the whistle. The refs conferred and then gave them the goal. Kinda weird.
Gotcha, that's what I saw too. Definitely odd.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

No 'super' will let kids out of school for an ordinary sporting event.
Some parents made the trip on Friday, others will join them today.

It's not like it's the only thing in people's lives.
puckbreath

Post by puckbreath »

Hscout000 wrote:
puckbreath wrote:Two short handed egf goals.

There were no short handed goals in the game.
LOL ! Hockey Hub strikes again !

Thanks for the info.
puckbreath

Post by puckbreath »

HShockeywatcher wrote:
puckbreath wrote:

There's this new invention called a bus. You are able to pack more than 70 people into one of them. The school could've let out school at 1 for anyone that wanted to go and bused them down. It has little to do with money. I wasn't putting anyone down, just surprised.
TTpuckster wrote:As I said with a post at the game, there was a shot and weber went down. Couldn't see if he had it covered, but the ref definately blew the whistle.

Gotcha, that's what I saw too. Definitely odd.
Wow.

You're completely mistaken, if you think $ isn't involved, even with a bus.

I've seen instances where even a bus couldn't be filled, due to cost.
And even when used, the number has never been close to seventy people.............

Your comment about getting out of school/bus is also 100% incorrect; that doesn't happen for a regular season game.

Know partly why ? $.................. :wink:
puckbreath

Post by puckbreath »

elliott70 wrote:No 'super' will let kids out of school for an ordinary sporting event.
Some parents made the trip on Friday, others will join them today.

It's not like it's the only thing in people's lives.
Another correct difference between the metro and out state.
Bigcat99

Post by Bigcat99 »

[quote="HShockeywatcher"]Knowing small town pride and how good EGF is, I was very surprised to not see a wave of green on the visitors side.

Not to keep hammering on this mindset, but I'd like to have some of what you were having last night! :wink:
It is what it is!
Cdale

Post by Cdale »

Warrior18 wrote:What is blaine rated??
1 but I think #1 has literally changed every week this year so far. http://www.letsplayhockey.com/teams/hig ... kings.html