Outdoor Game

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

BodyShots

Outdoor Game

Post by BodyShots » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:49 pm

Does it make sense to upgrade your seats for the outdoor game, or will it be a bad view from where ever you sit?

MNHockeyFan

Re: Outdoor Game

Post by MNHockeyFan » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:53 am

BodyShots wrote:Does it make sense to upgrade your seats for the outdoor game, or will it be a bad view from where ever you sit?
When they called me the guy was very honest when he suggested the seats I'll have are about as good as will be available. But at Mariucci I'm just off the red line in Row 12, so YMMV.

announcerguy

Shuttles Available?

Post by announcerguy » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:03 pm

Are there any shuttles available for the outdoor game from Bars in MPLS? Preferably the downtown area?
I can't find info on this anywhere

C-dad

Re: Shuttles Available?

Post by C-dad » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:45 am

announcerguy wrote:Are there any shuttles available for the outdoor game from Bars in MPLS? Preferably the downtown area?
I can't find info on this anywhere
Not aware of any from downtown. Blarney's in Dinkytown will run shuttles as will Gabe's by the Park in St. Paul.

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:06 am

Looks like its gonna be a cold one Friday night. At least the ice should be good!

C-dad

Post by C-dad » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:22 pm

In answer to the question about quality of seats - I went to a high school game last Saturday and seats at the top of the lower deck or bottom of the upper deck between blue lines are not bad at all. They, of course, are the most expensive. The nosebleeds in the bowl will not see much.

I just hope it's not too cold for the ice. If you've skated outside much you know when it gets around zero the ice gets brittle and chips out on hard turns and stops.

More info:
GAME DAY
Event Information

- Parking areas open at 2:00 pm.
- Gates open at 3:30 pm.
- Gopher Women’s Hockey vs. Minnesota State – 4:30 pm.
- Gopher Men’s Hockey vs. Ohio State – 8:00 pm.
- Tickets allow you entrance into both games.
- Re-entry for this event will be allowed. To leave TCF Bank Stadium you must go to Gate E to scan your ticket so you will be allowed back in the stadium. Re-entry will only be allowed until 8:00 pm.

Parking Information

- Parking areas will open at 2:00 pm on Friday, January 17th. All surface parking areas on the U of M -East Bank Campus are SOLD OUT. Parking is still available for presale through Sunday. Click HERE for more information or to purchase parking.

- We advise that you arrive early to campus as parking areas will fill up quickly. Parking will be available the day of game on the U of M – East and West Bank Campuses and in St. Paul at the State Fairgrounds (a shuttle will be provided to and from TCF Bank Stadium).

- Tailgating will only be allowed in surface parking areas on the U of M – East Bank Campus.

Mariucci Arena Information

- Mariucci Arena will be open as a warming area for fans starting at 2:00 pm and will have food and drink (no alcoholic beverages) available for sale. The Gopher Women’s Hockey game will be televised on the video board.

- Mariucci Arena will close at 8:00 pm.