Warroad (15-2-1) @ Duluth Marshall (11-6-1) 1-24-14 7pm

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:23 am

Duluth Marshall
8
36%
Warroad
14
64%
 
Total votes: 22

mn miracle man
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by mn miracle man » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:03 pm

puckbreath wrote:
Hockeylogger wrote:Didn't see the games this weekend but can comment on the Nelson hits last year in the play offs. Neither were dirty or questionable, when you cut thru the middle of the ice with your head down you are asking for trouble. Had a number of TRF people even admit that it was a clean hit just unfortunate that he was injured.
How does one get a severe concussion, without a hit to the head ?

(as said, he was out before he hit the ice)
According to WebMD it states that "if your head or your body is hit hard, your brain can crash into your skull and be injured."

It's possible....

mn miracle man
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by mn miracle man » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:06 pm

TTpuckster wrote:
karl(east) wrote:
warriors41 wrote:The box score says the Bethune had a 5 minute major for contact to the head. Did anyone see if it was a bad penalty or just one of those unfortunate incidents that happen?
I don't think it was intentional, but it was head contact. It was consistent with they way they call that nowadays.

Marshall scored both of their goals on that major penalty.

Marshall wasn't rolling 4 lines, but due to a misconduct penalty they were forced to play 3+, and they were playing 5-6 defensemen, too. Not much of a dropoff when the lower lines are on. Just not much in the way of top-end talent (yet, at least...some of the younger kids may get there someday).
Marshall has definately been an egnima this year. Just don't know what team will show up an any given nightl
As evidence tonight vs Denfeld, sections could be more interesting than previously thought!

puckbreath
Posts: 692
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:08 pm

Post by puckbreath » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:22 pm

mn miracle man wrote:
puckbreath wrote:
Hockeylogger wrote:Didn't see the games this weekend but can comment on the Nelson hits last year in the play offs. Neither were dirty or questionable, when you cut thru the middle of the ice with your head down you are asking for trouble. Had a number of TRF people even admit that it was a clean hit just unfortunate that he was injured.
How does one get a severe concussion, without a hit to the head ?

(as said, he was out before he hit the ice)
According to WebMD it states that "if your head or your body is hit hard, your brain can crash into your skull and be injured."

It's possible....
Gee, WebMD........right up there with Wikipedia ?

Can you name another incident in hs hockey where that happened ?

25 sheet power
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:33 pm

Post by 25 sheet power » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:59 pm

puckbreath wrote:
mn miracle man wrote:
puckbreath wrote:
Hockeylogger wrote:Didn't see the games this weekend but can comment on the Nelson hits last year in the play offs. Neither were dirty or questionable, when you cut thru the middle of the ice with your head down you are asking for trouble. Had a number of TRF people even admit that it was a clean hit just unfortunate that he was injured.
How does one get a severe concussion, without a hit to the head ?

(as said, he was out before he hit the ice)
According to WebMD it states that "if your head or your body is hit hard, your brain can crash into your skull and be injured."

It's possible....
Gee, WebMD........right up there with Wikipedia ?

Can you name another incident in hs hockey where that happened ?
Don't be silly everyone knows whiplash can cause concussions.
Also saying he was out before he hit the ice sounds great but really you cant know that.

mn miracle man
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by mn miracle man » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:16 pm

puckbreath wrote:
mn miracle man wrote:
puckbreath wrote:
Hockeylogger wrote:Didn't see the games this weekend but can comment on the Nelson hits last year in the play offs. Neither were dirty or questionable, when you cut thru the middle of the ice with your head down you are asking for trouble. Had a number of TRF people even admit that it was a clean hit just unfortunate that he was injured.
How does one get a severe concussion, without a hit to the head ?

(as said, he was out before he hit the ice)
According to WebMD it states that "if your head or your body is hit hard, your brain can crash into your skull and be injured."

It's possible....
Gee, WebMD........right up there with Wikipedia ?

Can you name another incident in hs hockey where that happened ?
Another hit in hs hockey that "may" have caused a concussion? Oh gee let me check the high school hockey hit archives...really?

and yes, WebMD it must be true if its on the internet right?

puckbreath
Posts: 692
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:08 pm

Post by puckbreath » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:57 am

mn miracle man wrote:
puckbreath wrote:
mn miracle man wrote:
puckbreath wrote:
Hockeylogger wrote:Didn't see the games this weekend but can comment on the Nelson hits last year in the play offs. Neither were dirty or questionable, when you cut thru the middle of the ice with your head down you are asking for trouble. Had a number of TRF people even admit that it was a clean hit just unfortunate that he was injured.
How does one get a severe concussion, without a hit to the head ?

(as said, he was out before he hit the ice)
According to WebMD it states that "if your head or your body is hit hard, your brain can crash into your skull and be injured."

It's possible....
Gee, WebMD........right up there with Wikipedia ?

Can you name another incident in hs hockey where that happened ?
Another hit in hs hockey that "may" have caused a concussion? Oh gee let me check the high school hockey hit archives...really?

and yes, WebMD it must be true if its on the internet right?
Um, no.

Another concussion caused by the head not being hit/not contacting something.
Last edited by puckbreath on Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

puckbreath
Posts: 692
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:08 pm

Post by puckbreath » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:58 am

25 sheet power wrote:
puckbreath wrote:
mn miracle man wrote:
puckbreath wrote:
Hockeylogger wrote:Didn't see the games this weekend but can comment on the Nelson hits last year in the play offs. Neither were dirty or questionable, when you cut thru the middle of the ice with your head down you are asking for trouble. Had a number of TRF people even admit that it was a clean hit just unfortunate that he was injured.
How does one get a severe concussion, without a hit to the head ?

(as said, he was out before he hit the ice)
According to WebMD it states that "if your head or your body is hit hard, your brain can crash into your skull and be injured."

It's possible....
Gee, WebMD........right up there with Wikipedia ?

Can you name another incident in hs hockey where that happened ?
Don't be silly everyone knows whiplash can cause concussions.
Also saying he was out before he hit the ice sounds great but really you cant know that.
Can you prove that ? In a hs hockey setting ?

Also, yes I can know that, as I was at the game, saw the hit coming, and saw it in it's entirety

Also, the player hit stated such afterwards (out before he hit the ice).

mn miracle man
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by mn miracle man » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:12 pm

puckbreath wrote:
25 sheet power wrote:
puckbreath wrote:
mn miracle man wrote:
puckbreath wrote:
Hockeylogger wrote:Didn't see the games this weekend but can comment on the Nelson hits last year in the play offs. Neither were dirty or questionable, when you cut thru the middle of the ice with your head down you are asking for trouble. Had a number of TRF people even admit that it was a clean hit just unfortunate that he was injured.
How does one get a severe concussion, without a hit to the head ?

(as said, he was out before he hit the ice)
According to WebMD it states that "if your head or your body is hit hard, your brain can crash into your skull and be injured."

It's possible....
Gee, WebMD........right up there with Wikipedia ?

Can you name another incident in hs hockey where that happened ?
Don't be silly everyone knows whiplash can cause concussions.
Also saying he was out before he hit the ice sounds great but really you cant know that.
Can you prove that ? In a hs hockey setting ?

Also, yes I can know that, as I was at the game, saw the hit coming, and saw it in it's entirety

Also, the player hit stated such afterwards (out before he hit the ice).
If it was a "severe" concussion how does he remember the details as you describe? Amazing...

Deathblow
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:26 am

Post by Deathblow » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:42 pm

The hit on Ranten was a good clean hit, and Ranten hopped right back up...
I didn't think the Engelstad one was too bad either. He seemed to be looking back for the puck when Nelson hit him. Admittedly, I didn't have the greatest view, as people were standing in front of me, but I didn't notice a large uproar over the hit. But the fact that there is debate over the hits means they were/are questionable.

puckbreath
Posts: 692
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:08 pm

Post by puckbreath » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:51 pm

mn miracle man wrote:
puckbreath wrote:
25 sheet power wrote:
puckbreath wrote:
mn miracle man wrote:
puckbreath wrote:
Hockeylogger wrote:Didn't see the games this weekend but can comment on the Nelson hits last year in the play offs. Neither were dirty or questionable, when you cut thru the middle of the ice with your head down you are asking for trouble. Had a number of TRF people even admit that it was a clean hit just unfortunate that he was injured.
How does one get a severe concussion, without a hit to the head ?

(as said, he was out before he hit the ice)
According to WebMD it states that "if your head or your body is hit hard, your brain can crash into your skull and be injured."

It's possible....
Gee, WebMD........right up there with Wikipedia ?

Can you name another incident in hs hockey where that happened ?
Don't be silly everyone knows whiplash can cause concussions.
Also saying he was out before he hit the ice sounds great but really you cant know that.
Can you prove that ? In a hs hockey setting ?

Also, yes I can know that, as I was at the game, saw the hit coming, and saw it in it's entirety

Also, the player hit stated such afterwards (out before he hit the ice).
If it was a "severe" concussion how does he remember the details as you describe? Amazing...
If one is falling to the ice, it's not hard to remember that.

If you want to call him a liar to his face, instead of behind a keyboard, I'd be glad to provide his phone number.

puckbreath
Posts: 692
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:08 pm

Post by puckbreath » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:54 pm

Deathblow wrote:The hit on Ranten was a good clean hit, and Ranten hopped right back up...
I didn't think the Engelstad one was too bad either. He seemed to be looking back for the puck when Nelson hit him. Admittedly, I didn't have the greatest view, as people were standing in front of me, but I didn't notice a large uproar over the hit. But the fact that there is debate over the hits means they were/are questionable.
Yeah, well, there's no doubt skating with your head down is asking for a check, as he did, especially in the slot.

Of course, a check is one thing. A hit to the head is another.

It was a surreal scene after the hit; took the wind out of the sails of both players and fans it seemed.

warriors41
Posts: 645
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by warriors41 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:59 pm

Can we lock this up already?

They aren't talking about the Warroad/Marshall game anymore. They aren't even talking about a hit from this year.

puckbreath
Posts: 692
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:08 pm

Post by puckbreath » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:01 pm

warriors41 wrote:Can we lock this up already?

They aren't talking about the Warroad/Marshall game anymore. They aren't even talking about a hit from this year.
Is that "warrriors41" as in Warroad Warriors ?

warriors41
Posts: 645
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by warriors41 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:25 pm

puckbreath wrote:
warriors41 wrote:Can we lock this up already?

They aren't talking about the Warroad/Marshall game anymore. They aren't even talking about a hit from this year.
Is that "warrriors41" as in Warroad Warriors ?
Yes sir.

puckbreath
Posts: 692
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:08 pm

Post by puckbreath » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:32 pm

warriors41 wrote:
puckbreath wrote:
warriors41 wrote:Can we lock this up already?

They aren't talking about the Warroad/Marshall game anymore. They aren't even talking about a hit from this year.
Is that "warrriors41" as in Warroad Warriors ?
Yes sir.
Ok, thanks.

25 sheet power
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:33 pm

Post by 25 sheet power » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:58 pm

warriors41 wrote:
puckbreath wrote:
warriors41 wrote:Can we lock this up already?

They aren't talking about the Warroad/Marshall game anymore. They aren't even talking about a hit from this year.
Is that "warrriors41" as in Warroad Warriors ?
Yes sir.
Yeah god forbid anyone talk about hockey on here anymore.

Post Reply