Best 02 goalies

Discussion of Minnesota Girls Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

zambonidriver

Best 02 goalies

Post by zambonidriver »

Who are the best 02 goalies in the state? if you don't know the girls names just name the association.
zambonidriver

Best 02 goalies

Post by zambonidriver »

Highland has a great one Number 1
Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey »

In evaluating 5th grade female goalies, I'd give my vote to any who were actually taller than the net.
Really?
Clapper

Re: Best 02 goalies

Post by Clapper »

zambonidriver wrote:Who are the best 02 goalies in the state? if you don't know the girls names just name the association.
Kind of ironic you nominated #1 from Highland isn't it? I agree with nevertoomuchhockey. Really???
zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver »

Clapper wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:Who are the best 02 goalies in the state? if you don't know the girls names just name the association.
Kind of ironic you nominated #1 from Highland isn't it? I agree with nevertoomuchhockey. Really???
Obviously this was a dumb topic I have been to a lot of u 12 games this year and every goalie that has been any good has been a 2nd year except highlands I was just curious about what other people had seen sorry.
Clapper

Post by Clapper »

zambonidriver wrote:
Clapper wrote:
Obviously this was a dumb topic I have been to a lot of u 12 games this year and every goalie that has been any good has been a 2nd year except highlands I was just curious about what other people had seen sorry.
You have been to a lot of U12 games because your daughter is the goalie you nominated.
InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya »

Just curious how anyone would know that.
Are they printing programs at 12U games?
zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver »

Clapper wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:
Clapper wrote: Kind of ironic you nominated #1 from Highland isn't it? I agree with nevertoomuchhockey. Really???
You have been to a lot of U12 games because your daughter is the goalie you nominated.
A wise man once told me it isn't bragging if it is true. I was just inquiring because my daughter has an opportunity that is very expensive for 02 players.
DrGaf

Post by DrGaf »

zambonidriver wrote:
Clapper wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:Obviously this was a dumb topic I have been to a lot of u 12 games this year and every goalie that has been any good has been a 2nd year except highlands I was just curious about what other people had seen sorry.
A wise man once told me it isn't bragging if it is true. I was just inquiring because my daughter has an opportunity that is very expensive for 02 players.
/grabs coor's light
Sorry, fresh out, Don't Really Give Any.
Bluewhitefan

Post by Bluewhitefan »

InigoMontoya wrote:Just curious how anyone would know that.
Are they printing programs at 12U games?
It's somewhat of a silly topic, but funny, if it were asked about Peewees, the thread would go for pages. The hub actually ranks the top 50 pws, which is ridiculous, but nobody seems to be bothered by that.
sinbin

Post by sinbin »

Bluewhite, I hope you're kidding about a top50 PW thread, but as I think about it, you're probably right. We'll see Sq and U8 next year, I'm sure. Or, did I miss those threads, too?
massalsa

Post by massalsa »

The best 01 I have seen is Megan Myers (think that is her last name). I think she is from the Sibley area.

A couple of good 00's are the goalie who plays for the Armstrong/Cooper Peewee A (don't know her name) and also the Hopkins Peewee A goalie Bizal.

I think they both are 2nd years and it will be interesting to see if they play HS or Bantam next year.
Nevertoomuchhockey

Interesting that you gave a shout out to your 00 daughter on this 02 thread.
SS729

Post by SS729 »

oh my god! Really the best 02 goalie!!! ha ha reality check parents.

you will know your kid is good when Warroad mn coaches calls and want her to move up there and you can work at marvin windows!!!!!

I bet your really getting the calls from the colleges already as good as she is now, hate to be you with all those distractions in her life..
Nevertoomuchhockey

Hey man... My 02 is entering USA Hockey junior Olympics training out in Lake Placid after Hilary and Jay get back from Sochi. What, your kid didn't get asked? Winter Games '18 baby! :roll:

(P.S. 99% chance that someone on this board experiences that awkward moment when they have to go back and read the post to see the sarcasm after googling mini-mite Olympic training!)
SS729

Post by SS729 »

and so can every 02 go to junior Olympic training if mommy and daddy can afford it.. funny I know 2 kids that where bragging about playing across the sea (and looked into it there was still where spots at about $4,500.00...)

I have went through this and it is funny..

Good luck to your daughter . Hope things work out for her. Hope she doesn't grow wrong ,get hurt, find boys, wrong crowd, or just plainly gets burnt out living YOUR dream..
Nevertoomuchhockey

I was JOKING that my kid got hand picked to be invited to this. I had no idea it actually exists. Lots of host families out there taking in 11 and 12 year olds or does the whole family go?? Please don't tell me.
Nevertoomuchhockey

SS729 wrote:and so can every 02 go to junior Olympic training if mommy and daddy can afford it.. funny I know 2 kids that where bragging about playing across the sea (and looked into it there was still where spots at about $4,500.00...)

I have went through this and it is funny..

Good luck to your daughter . Hope things work out for her. Hope she doesn't grow wrong ,get hurt, find boys, wrong crowd, or just plainly gets burnt out living YOUR dream..
I forgot to ask...please explain how hockey makes you "grow wrong."
SS729

Post by SS729 »

Grow wrong - I also have a daughter that plays bball ( ya got dropped I think!!) In 6 and 7th grade she had a friend that I would have thought would have been the best basketball player when they graduated. Both her and my daughter where short maybe 4'8" at the time. Now they are seniors my daughter 5'9" and just scored her 1,000th pt. other girl grew to 5"0". and quit bball sophomore yr..
Nevertoomuchhockey

Gotcha. Thanks. I was recalling a guy on this board a few months ago who claimed girls playing on boys teams negatively affected their growth and development and they got more injuries. I thought that was where you were going with that.
Is the b-ball community forum as crazy and invested as we are? Haha.
SS729

Post by SS729 »

oh ya, BBALLLERS parents are Animals!!! ha ha , lots of opinions.. It is fun to hear parents ask questions ( and be serious about it, that when they look back they will laugh at).

And I admit . With my first kid I thought the same stuff. My youngest is a peewee A (12 yrs old) and I just sit and laugh at the parents that it is there first kid. Tell them to relax if it happens for your kid it will happen way to many variables at young age. Biggest thing that as a parent you need to realize is to make it fun or they won't play later...
SS729

Post by SS729 »

back on subject, If I had a 02 goalie and wanted to make her better, At her age, I would get some great training on the side if you can find some, but I would contact the worse teams around that you can find in your area to play with in the summer. Everybody will let a good goalie play for free and she will see more than enough shots to get her better. We have a 14u goalie in our town right now that is very good. The teams she has played on coming up she has seen 40 -50 shots a game. She can move now...

I laughed at her dad when you used that theory , but he said why would you have a goalie be on a great team and see 2 shots a game. You wouldn't remember the scores later on when she is the #1 varsity goalie as a sophmore!!!

Good Luck!
massalsa

Post by massalsa »

Nevertoomuch...my daughter does NOT play goalie if you were talking to me. I would not have asked Peewee vs JV questions in another thread if my older kid (the older sister of the hopkins peewee goalie Olivia Bizal is a JR at HHS and a member of the US U18 team) had already been through the different youth levels!

I thought I would sort of try to shift the thread to include some other good girl goalies I have seen in AAA and Peewee that are a different age than only 02's.
Nevertoomuchhockey

Fair enough mass. But since you didn't SAY that to clarify we confused you with other dads here who (not so subtlety) shout out for their own kid (anonymously) while fishing for compliments. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
We were also poking fun at picking elite players at such young ages. Lots of 2000s playing jv and varsity this year as 7th graders so the original poster's questions/comments actually are more relevant for 00 birth years.
InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya »

Half of the 2000's are 8th graders, aged out of their 12U teams.