Youth Hockey Hub - take Notice

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Chandler23

Youth Hockey Hub - take Notice

Post by Chandler23 »

After the A Squirt tournament in WBL, your two teams came out on top like you thought they would with WBL and MG in the finals, with MG taking the 4-0 victory.

What you should take notice in is the third place and fourth place teams (Andover and Elk River). District 10 represented and the fact you don't have them in the top 10 even though they only have a couple of losses each this year is an embarrassment.

Time to rethink you're top 10.
barry_mcconnell

Post by barry_mcconnell »

You're mistake was in thinking that their data was any good in the first place. Time for chill pill.
DrGaf

Post by DrGaf »

I wouldn't take it too personally. Wait till their balls drop, then the rankings still won't matter.

If YHH rankings mean that much to you, go and check the scores and opponents submitted. The NOW rankings are purely mechanical, based on numbers. Go back and check, double, triple check all of the submissions ... maybe lil chandler's team has some wrong info put in for them.

Then go ahead and file a formal complaint at the local court house for an injunction against YHH. I'd hate to see someone lose a potential scholarship because of this.
Sorry, fresh out, Don't Really Give Any.
snyper12

Post by snyper12 »

? Why post here - why not send the a note on their own site?
savagegopher

Post by savagegopher »

Here is an easy solution call some teams in the top ten and play them, I'm sure the d6 teams are sick of playing each other
MWS coach

Post by MWS coach »

barry_mcconnell wrote:You're mistake was in thinking that their data was any good in the first place. Time for chill pill.
Curious why you think the data is not any good? Are parents really that crazy to submit false data, especially at squirts? Look at the rankings and it has more D6 teams in it.... oh wait that is because D6 is the strongest division in the state. Stronger teams play against each other and get better, while D10 as example has a team at SQA that did not win a league game and a quick peek at the scores and they are really bad. I am sure the D10 teams improved playing them instead of playing Edina X's2, EP, CC, PL ect.... The rich get richer
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Looks like both teams are now between 10-14 in the rankings and climbed quite a bit from their showings in the tournament.

Seems right on to me...

How many top ten teams have they beat?
DubCHAGuy

Post by DubCHAGuy »

DrGaf wrote:I wouldn't take it too personally. Wait till their balls drop, then the rankings still won't matter.
=D>
South Metro Hockey

Re: Youth Hockey Hub - take Notice

Post by South Metro Hockey »

Chandler23 wrote:After the A Squirt tournament in WBL, your two teams came out on top like you thought they would with WBL and MG in the finals, with MG taking the 4-0 victory.

What you should take notice in is the third place and fourth place teams (Andover and Elk River). District 10 represented and the fact you don't have them in the top 10 even though they only have a couple of losses each this year is an embarrassment.

Time to rethink you're top 10.
I assume you are looking at the staff rankings, not the NOW rankings. They are sitting pretty nice in the NOW rankings. If your issue is the staff rankings, who do you think should be out of the top 10 to make room for ER and Andover?
barry_mcconnell

MWS coach wrote:
barry_mcconnell wrote:You're mistake was in thinking that their data was any good in the first place. Time for chill pill.
Curious why you think the data is not any good? Are parents really that crazy to submit false data, especially at squirts? Look at the rankings and it has more D6 teams in it.... oh wait that is because D6 is the strongest division in the state. Stronger teams play against each other and get better, while D10 as example has a team at SQA that did not win a league game and a quick peek at the scores and they are really bad. I am sure the D10 teams improved playing them instead of playing Edina X's2, EP, CC, PL ect.... The rich get richer
The data is suspect because in many cases its not complete. Its a voluntary data collection system and some teams just don't post scores. There are no ways to enter scores against non-MN teams (other than Hudson). Some teams enter scores from coach controlled scrimmages.

This has nothing to do with D6. Its not a big deal.
Chandler23

Post by Chandler23 »

I'm not talking about the NowRankings, I'm talking about the Staff Rankings. I think Elk River and Andover deserve to be in.
InThePipes

Post by InThePipes »

Chandler23 wrote:I'm not talking about the NowRankings, I'm talking about the Staff Rankings. I think Elk River and Andover deserve to be in.
Who would you move out when including them?
Chandler23

Post by Chandler23 »

InThePipes wrote:
Chandler23 wrote:I'm not talking about the NowRankings, I'm talking about the Staff Rankings. I think Elk River and Andover deserve to be in.
Who would you move out when including them?
Your mom.
barry_mcconnell

Sorry about that. Yeah, the staff rankings are just whoever TonyZ feels like putting there. Probably friends' kids' teams. Or maybe a tie-in with an advertiser's team?
Froggy Richards

Post by Froggy Richards »

They just aren't very good teams this year. Elk River has looked decent at times but they their forecheck is non-existent and their transition game is not good at all. Andover just doesn't seem to have anyone that can hit that high gear and they don't play well together as a team at all. Goaltending is very inconsistent on both teams also. I'd say the Staff Rankings have it right. No way you can put either in the top 10. Maybe top 20 but even that's stretching it.