East Grand Forks versus Thief River Falls

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Hard water fan

Post by Hard water fan »

Anger issues! NTMH and Pepper, shake hands and apologize, or you won't get any ice cream. Wasn't this about the game? Thief lost their first the other night. Expect them to come back hard. Thief in OT is my prediction.
Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey »

I apologize.
But dang it's cold I'd rather have hot chocolate than ice cream.

As for the game, seeding relevant or not, I pick EGF. 5-3.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Hard water fan wrote:Thief in OT is my prediction.
Nevertoomuchhockey wrote:As for the game, seeding relevant or not, I pick EGF. 5-3.
FWIW, in the "Big Games" contest this week, as of right now 27 prognosticators have posted their predictions, and for this game they are favoring TRF by a 17-9 margin (with one saying they will tie). I went with EGF, for the sole reason they're playing at home. Their KRACH rankings would predict a Prowlers' win, but they do not take home vs. away into consideration. Whichever way it goes, it should be a great game!
JohnnyBuck

Post by JohnnyBuck »

Ahhhhhhh yes! Talking about THE GAME. I also think EGF's will sneak this one out. However, both teams are great and will be interesting who wins the game that will count. In regards to Pepper and Too much hockey. I agree with Hard water. Time for you guys to stand next to each other at the urinal and shake hands. :lol:
Deathblow

Post by Deathblow »

[quote="AAA Dad]I had no idea about the death of the young man from TRF when I posted about questioning the reschedule date of the much anticipated rematch between #1 TRF and #2 EGF. I believe most that use this forum did not as well. "Family Issue" was listed on this thread with no follow up.[/quote]

I knew of the death of the young man, I just didn't feel it was my place to be the town crier on this issue.
kaminj

Post by kaminj »

Huge game between the two top ranked A teams ended with a convincing 3 - 1 TRF win (in EGF).

Unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on an EGF player after the end of the game

TRF freshman Kora Torkelson with two goals... good for her!
Nevertoomuchhockey

What happens with a call after the game ends? Does it carry over?
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Nevertoomuchhockey wrote:What happens with a call after the game ends? Does it carry over?
Not unless it's a game DQ.
Nevertoomuchhockey

MNHockeyFan wrote:
Nevertoomuchhockey wrote:What happens with a call after the game ends? Does it carry over?
Not unless it's a game DQ.
So why call it? I've never seen this before.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Nevertoomuchhockey wrote:So why call it? I've never seen this before.
You must not have sees what the infamous Ben Blood did in the handshake line a couple of years ago after his UND team got trounced by the Gophers! :roll:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 40434.html
SS729

Post by SS729 »

I was lucky to be at that game. It was a great hs girls hockey game. Thought TRF took EGF out of its game by being pretty physical. TRF scored first goal on a power play after EGF took a frustration penalty. Wasn't really a convincing win as stated before, It was 2 to 1 late into the 3rd with good chances on both ends. I do know if EGF plays them again they will have some extra incentive as the TRF players and fans acted like they had just won the state tournament after. It was a great game and hope to see them both in a couple weeks playing again. It's too bad that only one of these teams will go to the cities..
AAA Dad

Post by AAA Dad »

SS729 wrote: I do know if EGF plays them again they will have some extra incentive as the TRF players and fans acted like they had just won the state tournament after. It was a great game and hope to see them both in a couple weeks playing again..

Yes the 3rd matchup is the game for all the marbles if it happens. Warroad I'm sure will do their best to prevent the 3rd match-up though! I guess TRF was very happy after the win because it did lock up the #1 seed and prevent them from a possible slip vs a very good Warroad team before section final.
sinbin

Post by sinbin »

With all the mention of 6AA and how (rightfully) unfair it is that only one team can advance to state, it is also sad that the A #1 and #2 are in the same section and only one of them can advance. Should be a great game if both advance to the Section final.
OsMetroDad

Post by OsMetroDad »

EGFs wins in double OT tonight 2-1
plays TRFs for the trophy tommorrow
Good luck to all the players, shoud be a barn burner!
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

OsMetroDad wrote:EGFs wins in double OT tonight 2-1
plays TRFs for the trophy tommorrow
Good luck to all the players, shoud be a barn burner!
Correction. I believe the game is on Thursday.
What is a Green Wave anyway?
Arleigh Berg

Oh snap - EGF wins!

Post by Arleigh Berg »

Multi overtime. Greasers go to state!
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

The Green Wave should be plenty battle tested when they get to St. Paul. They won both the semi and the final by a 2-1 score, both in double overtime. I would think they'll be seeded No. 1?
Nevertoomuchhockey

Looking forward to watching this team.
How does the seeding work at this point?
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Nevertoomuchhockey wrote:Looking forward to watching this team.
How does the seeding work at this point?
Go to this site:

http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/showstate.asp?actnum=460

Scroll down to 2013-14 and on the right side under "News" click on "Seeding Procedures" and a .doc file will download.